Home General
Options

Aromatic Smoker Only please....

167891012»

Comments

• Options
    @AceFour are you a part of a brick and mortar in North Carolina? The word pizer is not a common word and regionally specific to eastern North Carolina as far as I know. It's one i'm familiar with being from that area originally but a bit of a shock to see "out in the wild". 
  • Options
    KABUL07KABUL07 Master
    edited April 2023
    Cup O' Joe's, "Adironack Gold" is a pretty good (aromatic blend), give it a try. :-)
  • Options
    @KABUL07 how would you describe it?
  • Options
    I personally feel that it is a very nice all day blend. It does not require a number of relights and has a very nice room note. I do not consider it to be a Christmas/Holiday blend with all the cookies and creams, but english blend lovers may find it on the dessert side.
  • Options
  • Options
    Who sells burley kake? That sounds good to me.
  • Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    edited January 25
    @Whoispra

Pipes and Cigars sells Hearth & Home Signature Classic Burley Kake, is, ” …. a blend that pays homage to old-time Burley flakes and cakes. Using Tennessee and Kentucky Burleys, ranging from lighter white to darker mahogany, and a bit of matured red Virginia, this sliced cake tobacco is a traditional American-style blend. We start with four different types of Burley, the aforementioned Tennessee and Kentucky, plus two different premium white Burleys. Then we add a red Virginia for a maple-like sweetness. The addition of cocoa, rum and a hint of anise completes the comforting flavor and room note. The aroma is mellow and pleasant, and the taste is lightly sweet with a large volume of smoke. Hearken back to a simpler time when the sight of a pipe in someones mouth while walking down the street was common, and the scent of pipe tobacco was everywhere. Give Classic Burley Kake a try and go back in time.”
  • Options
    chipc73chipc73 Newcomer
    My current favorite aromatic blend is Eileen's Dream by CAO. Its (not overly) sweet, smooth notes of Irish Cream, vanilla, and cocoa are most pleasant, and makes for a nice finish, too. My wife loves the room note. There's something about it, particularly noticeable in the smooth retrohale, that takes me back 50+ years to when I first smoked a pipe -- something that's often lacking in many of the other aromatic and non-aromatic blends in my current rotation. I love it!
  • Options
    @chipc73
    That is a tobak that has been on my list…it seems other blends keep overshadowing it🙂. I’m getting low on Moontrance too.
  • Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    edited February 23
    Edit: Wrong discussion. Apologies

UNSMOKED MARK TINSKY ROOT FOUR STAR VOLCANO '6' 2022

• Options
    AceFourAceFour Master
    @AceFour are you a part of a brick and mortar in North Carolina? The word pizer is not a common word and regionally specific to eastern North Carolina as far as I know. It's one i'm familiar with being from that area originally but a bit of a shock to see "out in the wild". 

I do the blends for for Afterburners Cigar Lounge in Lillington but I don't work for them nor do I get paid to do so.   Pizer is one of the gems from Ocracoke Island.  "Was gonna go fishin' but woke up and saw it was slickwater.  Only a dingbatter would attempt to fish slickwater.  I just sat on pizer and enjoyed my coffee and pipe."  

• Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    @PappyJoe

Do you know anything about Caribbean Blue pipe tobaccos, Kohlhase & Kopp aromatic blends? Thanks.

https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipe-tobacco/caribbean-blue/?sortOpt=default&displayNum=48

<<Blended by Kohlhase & Kopp, Caribbean Blue pipe tobaccos expand the German blending house's already illustrious portfolio, which includes such staples as Rattray's, McConnell's, Sillem's, and Solani. Caribbean Blue's lineup features an array of delightful Aromatics elevated by tropical essences and aromas, and each mixture is named for a historically infamous pirate or privateer. Enhanced by nautical-themed tin art emblazoned with the geographic coordinates of K&K's factory in Germany, Caribbean Blue pipe tobaccos transport discerning pipe smokers to exotic island locales via a diverse range of flavors from coconut and rum to numerous tropical fruits.>>
  • Options
    Yes. They have been available in Europe for over a year.
    I have smoked tins of Caribbean Blue Graham and Seegar and plain on opening my second tin of Seegar in a day or two.
    Seegar claims to be flavored with Tonka Bean, citrus, caramel and rum. If you search "Tonka Bean" you're going to find a wide range of descriptions of the aroma. To my nose, I get a scent similar to the Courmarin used in D&R London Dock, Gentleman Caller or Crooner. 

The Graham is flavored with blackberry, coconut and cane sugar and contains burley, cube cut Virginias and cavendish. I get a berry scent and what I think is the coconut. It is sweet, which I would guess in the cane sugar. 

Both were good when I smoked them last summer. I've been meaning to smoke them again but was kind of putting off opening the tins because I didn't want to make another order from Germany. Now that they are available over here, I may smoke them.  In fact, I've been told my local B&M has Bellamy and Wynn in stock. I'll find out at our next meeting on Thursday.

• Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    edited April 24
  • Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    BTW, it bit like a barracuda.