Comments

• Options
    Ok, let's give er a whirl...

• Options
    sumpin ain't workin

I'll do a little readin up and see what I can get going

• Options
    @Bonanzadriver yes pictures are always welcome in this thread.  lol

@ghostsofpompeii once again a great review and I am glad I am not the only one who will speak up when a product doesn't seem to be true to its name. 
    I smoked a little bit yesterday but was interrupted a few dozen times or so which meant no reviews for me. Maybe today, it is supposed to get up to 74 so we will see!
  • Options
    I heard a knee slapper on This Pipe Life. I'm still laughing: 

"Latakia is an aromatic."
  • Options
    I don't want to be accused of misquoting.

"LATAKIA BLENDS ARE AROMATICS"

Still hilarious.
  • Options
    @motie2 - Relax. Take a deep breath. Aromatic is defined as "having a pleasant and distinctive smell."
    All tobacco has a pleasant and distinctive smell therefore on that basis alone, latakia blends are aromatic. 

• Options
    @PappyJoe -- With respect, please, would somebody tell SWMBO that Latakia  has "a pleasant .... smell," or even that "All tobacco has a pleasant and distinctive smell," in case they ever re-release Balkan Sobranie, and so I can smoke Sutliff flavor bombs in the house during inclement weather.. Distinctive: absolutely. Pleasant? De gustibus.... <small shy smile>
  • Options
    @motie2 - it's all subjective. LOL. I do know women who like to go camping and love the smell of a campfire. I also know some who have spent the lives around horses and cows. 

then again, I've seen old ladies who figure they have to use a half bottle of perfume everyday to smell good. 
  • Options
    Wow this is going off the books....I love it, if you can't have fun and swerve a little then your to stuffy for these threads.  LMAO
    OK Back to business.....Hum.....maybe not....

• Options
    Decided to smoke a Cigar yesterday sorry but I didn't do review, all this weekend I will be fishing so unless I do the review today it will have to wait until Saturday night or Sunday sometime....Weather permitting!
  • Options
    Well today I brought out one of my Falcons that was giving me stress, glad I took the time with them, great smoking pipe! Smoking aromatics as always.
  • Options
    For anyone with a vanilla sweet tooth who has taken my advise and been pleased with the results of Sutliff Vanilla Custard I have a similar recommendation for aficionados of chocolate blends. Sutliff Chocolate Mousse packs the same kind of flavorful chocolate wallop as Vanilla Custard does for vanilla fans. I highly recommend it. It is the most flavorful chocolate blend I've tried, with both a wonderful pouch and room note. Smells like someone's been in the kitchen baking fudge brownies. If you like a chocolate blend give it a whirl. And perfect for blending with other aromatics.
  • Options
    LGRACELGRACE Newcomer
    I envy those that can taste the sweetness and flavors in aromatics. I have a real sweet tooth, but no matter how many I try, they only taste like warm air to me.
  • Options
    @ghostsofpompeii -- Good, solid recommendations. Keep 'em coming.

And would someone please give us a review of "Eileen's Dream"???
  • Options
    armandoarmando Newcomer
    I truly enjoy Holiday Spirit, anything vanilla or whiskey. I know that's not too specific, but that fits the bill for me.
  • Options
    @motie2 I'll smoke a bowl of "Eileen's Dream" tonight and get back to you. I like it but wasn't particularly blow away by it al the time. But to be fair I got it as part of a very large order from Pipes And Cigars and was doing some serious sampling for about a week or two of everything in the box. And probably didn't give it a fair enough shake or thorough evaluation. And to be honest, my first tin of Molto Dolce was in that order and I developed quite a love affair with it - spending more time with it and less time experimenting with the others I received.  
  • Options

@motie2 I accidentally posted my review of Eileen's Dream on the "What are you smoking right now" - and forgot I was going to post it here

At this moment I just completed smoking CAO Eileen's Dream with a nice cup of decafe coffee since it's so late. Almost 1:00am. As per the advertisement in the Pipes And Cigars catalog it's described thusly: A combination of Irish Cream and White Chocolate Truffles. And of the three CAO blends I've tried this seems to be the best. The other two "Black" and "Moontrance" has a decidedly fruity flavor that was much more pronounced than the other sweet flavor enhancers. For instance Moontrance boasts an intricate and unique blend of 100% all natural exotic fruit and bourbon vanilla extracts. Yet on Moontrace the dominant flavor if fruit. I can't detect any vanilla in the smoke or room note - and the fruit is dominant as well in the tin note. Black is described as a zesty raspberry essence with a gentle sub-note of vanilla and cocoa.  Once again the dominant flavor is raspberry with just a touch of sweetness associated with vanilla and the slightest trace of cocoa.

The room note of Eileen's Dream is quite mild and sparse as the aroma dissipates quite rapidly leaving little aroma behind. You almost can't tell anyone was smoking in the room. I was smoking indoors in the family room since it's so cold and damp in the garage this evening, so my natural ritual after smoking in the house is to go through the house with a can of air freshener to mask the smell ... but in this case there was barely any lingering odor. Eileen's Dream is a smooth smoke, and bite free with the slightly reminiscent flavor of a glass of Baileys Bristol Cream liqueur. Nothing about the blend is over powering from the tin note, to the flavor, or the room note. This may not sound like a ringing endorsement but the smooth smoke provided quite a pleasant smoking experience without any real burst of flavors in my mouth. It's the type of blend I'll continue to enjoy so long as there is tobacco in the tin - but once it's empty I doubt that I'll buy another can.   

• Options
    Sorry I was at the lakes fishing, I am still going to smoke some Eileen's Dream today but I can say @ghostsofpompeii you need to try it again, sounds like you missed some of it or maybe didn't get a good pipe full, I had more of the Irish Cream taste and some white Chocolate taste and it left a pleasant aroma, my tin also had a nice pleasant aroma.  Wondering if you got a bad tin that had an air leak (Bad Seal) or if something else was wrong? (maybe last of mix or first of mix for that lot)??  Anyway I do recommend it and I will buy more.   Maybe it is just different taste buds?  LOL  
  • Options
    @ghostsofpompeii ok different pipes and drinks will change the flavor as well. I had been smoking my Eileen's Dream out of my corn cobs and my older Briar and once out of my Falcon but today I am smoking it out of my Mr. Brog Pear root pipe and it is a lot different, still not bad but I can tell a difference. Try it again from another pipe and maybe have some water before you smoke it and try not to drink while smoking, tea also changes the flavor.
  • Options
    @motie2 would you like me to add to the review ghostsofpompeii did?
  • Options
    @Wolf41035 I just mentioned on another post that I did a triple blend stack again today using Eileen's Dream and I had a much better result with the blend combination. Experimenting with different pipes, bowl sizes, weather conditions, and blend combinations sure can make a difference in a smoking experience. It's great! It's like expanding your tobacco cellar simply by doing different things with the blends you already have. With the simple act of switching pipes you can turn a mediocre smoking experience on it's ear and have an altogether different result with the same pouch of tobacco.     
  • Options
    @ghostsofpompeii yes I saw that post, sounded great and yes some many changes with so many things, pipes weather, what you drink, if you smoked something before or after and so on.  Glad your still giving it a chance.  I thought maybe you got a bad batch and I was getting worried, I am almost out and will be buying a couple more tins of it.  Got to stock up just in case they have to stop making it! 

• Options
    Kind of cold out today so might spend part of the day ordering some new blends to try.
  • Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    @Wolf41035 -- Indeed. Yes, please. 

I gather our friend @ghostsofpompeii was not favorably impressed, but he may be coming around with his most recent stack.
  • Options

I did give Eileen's dream another shot by itself earlier this evening in my Big Ben Jade #931 and it's starting to grow on me. The more I smoke it the better chance of me re-ordering it when the tin is empty. 

@Wolf41035 I think it's a good idea to have more than one person review the same pipe tobacco blend - it's not a good to judge your decision to buy a blend based on one person's opinion. Based on our individual tastes we might be spot on with another smoker - but miles apart with another.     

• Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    P&C's Tuesday email is pushing Molto Dolce, priced at $6.99
  • Options

@motie2 Got the notice in the mail and jumped on it. Jumped a little too hard and by the time I was done with the order I ended up spending the required $99.00 to get free shipping. Once again I completely lost my mind - but my excuse is my birthday is coming in June so I convinced my wife I just did her birthday shopping for her. I normally buy bulk blends because they are cheaper - but this time I bit the bullet and purchased several tins including 2 tins of Molto Dolce (of course), 1 tin of Captain Black Midnight Gold, 1 tin of Panama Jack Key Lime (I really started enjoying the heck out of it after giving it an initial lukewarm review), 1 tin of Drew Estate Grand Central, 1 tin of Cult Militia, and what they're calling a Rum Punch Sampler which consists of three tins from East India Trading Company 1 tin of Cellar Reserve, 1 tin of Royal Challenge, and 1 tin of Officers Club. Also mixed in that order are three bulk blends but in lesser quantities than usually order: 4 oz. Sutliff Dulce de Leche, 2 oz. of Sutliff Raspberry Cobbler, and 3 oz. of Russ' Monthly Blend Candy Corn (hand about 10 oz. of that already in my cellar but it was on sale). I really wanted to try that Plantation Barbados you recommended but it was on back order - and after that last Pipes And Cigars SNAFU I don't want to complicate the order by ordering something out of stock.

So much for suggesting people be frugal and smoke what you already have in your cellar. One day I'll actually practice what I preach ... and on that day my life will become awfully boring.    

• Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    And I feel I'm being wild and crazy when I order two ounces of Vanilla Custard and one tin of Barbados Plantation at the same time.