Home Tobacco Talk
Options

What are you guys smoking right Now?

Comments

• Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    "PS-24 Nougat is very similar to Q-1. This is about the same as cigarette tobacco."
    https://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/1999/peter-stokkebye-nougat-no24
  • Options
    Smoking some PS LTF in my Big Ben Jumbo.
  • Options
    KA9FFJKA9FFJ Master
    Good old Lane BCA in an Alligator apple...
  • Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    Lane Crown Achievement and Sutliff Panna Cotta 50/50 mixture
  • Options
    Londy3Londy3 Master
    @mapletopthat looks excellent my good sir.  I to enjoy that weird red beer. Tonight, I made crushed tomato Marina with eggplant and speghetti. 

• Options
    motie2motie2 Master
     @mapletop

Tell us a little bit about the Blackhouse?
  • Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    @jfreedy

Interesting to me is that I rejected 1-Q itself as too cigarettey.  I know that goes against the opinion of every other smoker who has tried 1-Q, but de gustibus and all....

I also thought Royal Yacht smelled  of ammonia.      And I like Capt. Bob's Blend.

I'm an outlier, I guess.
  • Options
    @jfreedy
    I'm with you about that review of PS Nougat. It's nothing like cigarette tobacco and it is an aromatic. In fact, I've talked with a lot of beginning pipe smokers who started with Nougat because it's reportedly the blend smoked on the set when the filmed the LOTR movies by Peter Jackson. Is Nougat the greatest blend around? Not by a long shot but it doesn't taste like cigarette smoke in my opinion.
  • Options
    @jfreedy
    Man, I love that Joyce Lovat, beautiful and it looks to be a great size, not too big, not too small, but just right🙂
  • Options
    KA9FFJ
    Thank you doing that!! You are a Patriot!
  • Options
    jfreedyjfreedy Master
    Thanks @RockyMountainBriar - interesting story about that pipe. Kent Joyce lives in Nobel, OK (a small town just south of where I live). I heard about him in a video from Mutton Chop Piper. So I thought I’d look him up. Anyway, we ended up meeting & smoking a bowl together at a local park (because of social distancing) so I could see his latest pipes. He’s a great carver and was even featured on Pipes Magazine Radio Show back in 2016. The boxwood band by the stem sold it for me. At first I was afraid it was a little too small (Dunhill size 2-3). But now I really like it. Super lightweight and smokes great. 
  • Options
    @jfreedy
    Yep, just my size, and the boxwood is the kicker🙂
  • Options
    @jfreedy
    I wish I had used a more contrasting wood for my Dublin.  It ended up really blending in with the swirled ebonite stem. Still looks ok, it just doesn’t stand out🙁
  • Options
    @KA9FFJ
    Let me see if I got this right, you make a repair mistake and it makes the pipe better? You are more than an artist you are gifted. I'm running out of adjectives. 
  • Options
    KA9FFJKA9FFJ Master
    Tnx @opipeman undeserved, but appreciated...
  • Options
    Happy Memorial Day everyone! Spent the day watching Gettysburg, and now doing some more historical reading before bed. Smoking C&D’s Briar Fox in my Nording Beaver Apple pipe. Enjoy your evening. 

• Options
    KA9FFJKA9FFJ Master
    @thebadgerpiper Did some historical viewing myself. Starting this past Friday, SWMBO and myself binged on Band of Brothers.
    But must confess, no historical readings this Memorial Day.
    Hope you enjoy your bowl...
  • Options
    mapletopmapletop Master
    edited May 2020
    @KA9FFJ Had to laugh, Pork Steaks (AKA pork shoulder slices), My wife loves to make them and I must admit I love to eat them as long as their well done.
    Didn't realize it was a mid western thing.
  • Options
    @mapletop
    Hmm, I have had several thin-cut boneless porkchops lately, does that count?  I have to have them very well done and toasty brown on the outside.  I’m weird, the closer they are to pork jerky, the better.  I have good teeth and strong jaws:).  I have very seldom had any meat that was too tough for me.  In fact, very tender steaks “weird me out“ and I am suspect of what they are actually made from, treated with, or how they were processed.
  • Options
    @motie2 BlackHouse,   This blend  was created for the  Balkan Sobranie 759 Throwdown at the Chicago Pipe Show back in 2011, sort of surprisingly it won the throwdown.
    I personally would not describe BlackHouse as a clone of 759.
    BlackHouse is a strong robust tasting Balkan, there are orientals and virginia in the blend but you can barely tell because the amount and type of Latakia used tends to squelch everything else, the nicotine is roughly mid scale,
    It has Cavendish, Dark Fired Kentucky, Latakia, Orientals,  Perique, and  Virginia in it, Its a good smoke if you like a latakia heavy blend,
    I like it on occasion  but there are other Balkans I prefer. This is also one of those blends that seems to taste better in certain pipes which is why I smoke it in the Stanwell 185.