Home General
Options

What Are You Doing to Stay Sane....

Comments

• Options
    I'm so sorry @motie2 Praying for yourvfriend in the hospital...
  • Options
    Well I just received word that the fireman does have a positive case of Covid - 19. Which means I, my family, and multiple other people at both the fire and police departments have been exposed. They have informed us if we are not showing the symptoms we will not be tested. They are considering placing us on quarantine. Will hear more from the "brass" tomorrow. Thanks for the prayers.
  • Options
       Trying to obey the communist Shelter-In-Place order so I don’t become a societal pariah.  I don’t want to be “kicked out of the cave” as it were.  I have been watching more TV (generic term) I actually have satellite.....anyway, has anyone else noticed that there are many shows on now about “pandemics”, ”end-of-world”, “messed up futures of various types”?  “They” whoever “they” are, seem to be drilling these types of situations into our heads so we meekly comply and bend to their will fearing that we MAY succumb to death if we don’t follow the new “social norms” (God, I hope this is not the wave of the future🙏🏻). 
        I’m here to tell you, everyone dies, it’s a proven fact, it can’t be prevented.  All we can do is live our lives, however long they happen to be.  Stuck in my house, for fear of breaking a six foot “Social Distance” of someone who may become offended to the point of assault or worse is not my idea of a life.  
        🙏🏻God, Please end this, but only after you have taken those you see fit, for good OR bad🙏🏻
  • Options
    @Michael308 I hope all goes well and you and the rest of the crew test negative for the virus. I'm sure your wife is very concerned. You first responders have always been heroes in my book and need the protection of Guardian Angels more than the rest of us. 
  • Options
    To all of you with a collection of physical media like DVD, Blu-Ray or old school VHS tapes - this is the best time to rotate your stock, and pull out some of those flicks that have been collecting dust on the shelf. You know who you are ... collectors who hit up Dollar Tree when ever there is a sale and stock up on one dollar movies, then never get around to watching them. Now is that time.
    I'm in the process of a month long movie marathon featuring film series with two or more sequels. "Jurassic Park", "Alien", "The Terminator", "Lord Of The Rings", "Jaws", "Friday The 13th", "Saw", "The Planet Of The Apes" ... you get the idea.
    Same goes for those box sets of TV series. If I haven't watched something in a long time I'm pulling them out.
    I'm doing my patriotic duty to lock in place and fight the Coronavirus.
    Here's my tagline. Think I'll put it on a T-Shirt.
    "Saving Lives ... One Movie At A Time".
  • Options
    @Michael308 praying hard for you, your family and your colleagues 🙏 be strong in the Lord our God.
  • Options
    @RockyMountainBriar
    Fight the machine for we are not robots.(sounds like a song I should write). And I may.
  • Options
    I've finished the first two "books" in the Lord of the Rings series and four other novels of historical military fiction in the last two weeks. 
    I've also finished off two tins of tobacco. 
  • Options
    @Michael308 You and your family will get through this.🙏
  • Options
    @Michael308 and everyone else This too shall pass!
  • Options
    Had the jam box and high resolution player rocking some blues while I smoked a bowl and planted sweet onions, shallots and scallion onions this afternoon.
    There were libations involved but I would swear in court I was sober.
  • Options
    BTW, who says we're staying sane?

Just askin' .........
  • Options
    Finished restoring three more pipes and I've put them on eBay for auction - Comoy Russet 215, Comoy Castleton 215 and a Stanwell Jubilee 37. 

Have four Charatan's Make pipes in the alcohol and salt treatment stage now before doing the coffee treatment. 
  • Options
    KA9FFJKA9FFJ Master
    edited April 2020
    @PappyJoe Most of your restorations are big names and topflighters. Comparing your pipes to mine, I feel like you're the tuxedo, and I'm a pair of brown shoes...
  • Options
    I notice that I'm smoking a lot more often than usual during this shut in. I had paused my TAD for the past couple of months, but I may need to start re-stocking my inventory.
  • Options
    @KA9FFJ
    They may be big names but most of what I've restored have been the lower end of the big name pipes. The Comoy's, for example were all more or less the mid to low range of quality pipes as are the Charatan's Make pipes I'm working on. I'll occasionally find something higher up on the pipe chain, but not often.
  • Options
    Staying at home is really easy for my wife and I. The city hired a contractor to replace our street, which includes sidewalks, paving, gas mains, water mains, sewer lines. They are adding storm drains and lines and our street will be closed for three months depending on rain. We have to park on a side street and jockey for parking places with our fellow neighbors. They start at 7:30 am, so sleeping in isn't an option.
    It is really the best time to get the project done, due to us being self-isolated. Makes going after groceries a bit of a workout. The pictures start April 20 and rub through today. I skipped a few days due to the lack of progress. Photos didn't transfer in order.

Photo #4

Photo #1

Photo #5

Photo # 2

Photo #3

• Options
    ZouaveZouave Master
    this pretty much sums it up.
  • Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    It has suddenly occurred to me that I spend the entire week anticipating Friday night's virtual TPL club meetings on Zoom.  :p
  • Options
    Drinking too heavily, planting, smoking my pipes with reckless abandon and cursing the locale government.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    As long as one doesn't mistake his S&W for his guitar pick! LOL!
    [EDIT: come to think of it, the reverse mistake could be pretty bad, too!]
  • Options
    Ahhhhhhh, yes! Tiny Yapping Dogs, the bane of sanity even in normal times.