Home Tobacco Talk
Options

What are you guys smoking right Now?

Comments

• Options
    @motie2, thank you for the information, I may give it a try.
  • Options

@KA9FFJ ,didn’t realize there were any Tinder Box stores around anymore. Used to be 2 stores around here a while back. My favorite was North Sea.
  • Options
    KA9FFJKA9FFJ Master
    @buflosab TB is located about 25 minute drive from my driveway in a HUGE shopping mall(s) area called Fairview Heights in Illinois...
  • Options
    KA9FFJKA9FFJ Master
    edited July 2020
    Looking good @PappyJoe
    Love that pipe, not to mention your cool dude lid...
  • Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    Captain Bob’s blend
  • Options
    About to head out for the Chicago Pipe Collectors Club meeting at Arlington Pipe & Cigar,
    Filled a bowl with Drucquer & Sons Trafalgar for the ride.

• Options
    mfresamfresa Master
    Tried C&D Yorktown in a bent egg.  Not a great Virginia, but would make a good base for a Virginia blend.
  • Options
    @KA9FFJ I really miss my old Tinder Box. It was in one of the larger malls here in my area, and when they designated the mall 'smoke free' it really hurt the business. Before the smoking directive customers could go in and try a sample before buying ... and it usually resulted in a sale. But once you could only get a whiff of their house blends by sniffing the jars it cut down on my blind buying. It was about a year later that the shop closed it's doors. I really enjoyed their house blend "North Sea". 
  • Options
    Sitting in the shade with the wife, ducks, turkeys and a bowl of Lancers Slices.
  • Options
    Enjoying some Samuel Gawith Navy Flake in a MM Country Gentleman on a miserably hot day. My favorite Navy Flake, by far. I need to cellar a bunch of this stuff!
  • Options
    First a bowl from my "scrap" jar in my Maestro de Paja and then a bowl of Hadde's Best Irish in my Ron Powell Blasted Bent Billard.
    Just had chilled water to drink.
  • Options
    @KA9FFJ .Thanks Marine, Sure Miss TB, Their was one TB a few years back quite a few miles from me, went to it and of course it was out of Nort Sea, went back a few months later and still didn’t have it. I came to the conclusion this TB only had tobacco as a side bar.I mean it was dam near like a grocery store, not what you would call a real TB. And they were expensive as hell. It was fun while it lasted.
  • Options
    Had had some LL-7 along with Boswells Best.
  • Options
    ZouaveZouave Master
    A while ago I was given several tins of various English blends. Prior to me knowing a bit more about pipe smoking I placed alot of them in unmarked jars. Now it's all a mystery blend with a strong presence of Westminster, and a sad....sad addition of various McLelland tobaccos. Sorry, at the time I didn't know any better. Tonight this  mystery blend is on the menu while I survive the tropical heat wave. 
  • Options
    mapletopmapletop Master
    edited July 2020
    Smoking a before bed bowl of Astleys #99 Royal Tudor full latakia mixture ( a Kohlhase & Kopp blend); picked up the tin at the pipe club meeting last night
    The label says its Latakia, Oriental/Turkish, black cavendish, and Virginia, however, full latakia mixture in this instance means  almost none.
    So while you can't really say it's an English, it is quite a good smoke as the base seems to be Virginias and they are quite good.
    In a small Nording Spigot

• Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    @pipeman83

What a handsome pipe!
  • Options
    Thank you @motie2, for a handsome guy, smoking some EGR, first time smoking this, in my Bjarne Freehand.
  • Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    @pipeman83

What did you think of the EGR?

• Options
    @motie2, I really enjoyed it.
  • Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    @pipeman83

Did you detect the plum/prune topping?