Home The Lounge
Options

The World We Live In

Comments

• Options
    @mapletop you realize that COVID-19 is a virus and not a parasite,  right?   Jellyfish news uses homeopathy site as the reference?   Might as well just post links from 4chan.

Now where is that suppository for my sore throat . . .

https://www.iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/no-ivermectin-is-not-making-people-poop-out-rope-worms-the-truth-is-much-worse/
  • Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    edited September 2021
    “Rope worms”, or to use the scientific term, “bits of intestinal lining that have been sloughed off because you’re ingesting poison and your body can’t handle it”, have a rich history in pseudo (which is to say, anti) scientific circles. The idea dates back to 2009, coincidentally not long after one Jim Humble started marketing what he called his “Miracle Mineral Solution”, or MMS. This, he said, could cure cancer, AIDS, malaria, autism – pretty much anything short of death itself. So why haven’t you heard of this miracle cure? Well, you probably have – but under a different name. You probably know it as industrial bleach.

So people started drinking bleach. They started squirting bleach up their butts. More upsettingly, they started forcing bleach into their kids, prompting more than one report to child protective services. And the result of all this bleach – apart from the vomiting, diarrhea, dehydration, liver failure, and death – was the appearance of long, rope-like, and never-before-seen organisms in the toilet bowl.
    These, people decided, must be intestinal worms, which were (somehow) responsible for (usually) their kids’ autism. The worst part was that this was taken as proof that the bleach cure was working – in fact, it was causing irreparable damage to the organs of the “patients”.
    As you’ve probably guessed, the “rope worms” that people have reported after taking ivermectin are caused by the same thing: their intestines being attacked by a massive dose of, essentially, poison. Veterinary-grade ivermectin – there is a version made for humans, but it comes in much lower doses – is causing their guts to shed its protective lining. To the untrained eye, these strands of human tissue may look like worms, but in fact they’re a sign that something is terribly wrong.
    With the coronavirus pandemic in full swing, we are living in a golden age of medical misinformation (and yes of course MMS has been touted as a COVID-19 cure). Whether that’s sharing the details of conspiratorial doctors willing to issue dangerous prescriptions over the internet, or insisting that the mucus lining of your intestines is actually a parasitic worm unknown to conventional medicine, the results are the same: more sickness, and potentially even death.
    The biggest irony of all is perhaps that, in small doses, ivermectin really is used to treat people with diseases caused by intestinal worms. There’s really only one small detail the conspiracy theorists have got wrong: the worms have to actually exist if you want the medicine to work.
  • Options
    One of the largest trials studying ivermectin for Covid-19 treatment, called the Together Trial, was halted by the data safety monitoring board on Aug. 6 because the drug had been shown to be no better than a placebo at preventing hospitalization or prolonged stay in the emergency room. Dr. Edward Mills, a professor at McMaster University who led the study, which enrolled more than 1,300 patients, said the team would have discontinued it earlier were it not for the level of public interest in ivermectin.
  • Options
    And on, and on, and on...  :D
  • Options
    ….and on and on and on….. ad infinitum.😏
  • Options
    LMAO....
    On...and on...and on...🤣
  • Options
    @vtgrad2003;
    That's just what our brother do!
  • Options
    Let's get away from trivial topics such as COVID and horse wormer for a while, and contemplate what is a truly important question for mankind...the proper way to slice an English muffin  

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/man-right-way-cut-english-muffin-internet-divided

I personally use a butter knife and work the perimeter of the muffin gradually, mostly for efficiency reasons because ultimately, I am putting butter on it of course (i.e., I only dirty one utensil). 

Discuss....
  • Options
    Bay's English Muffins have all the same nooks and crannies, but they come pre-sliced....... I favor the sourdough.
    https://bays.com/

• Options
    Ahhh, nice. Our local grocery store used to sell an English muffin that was thicker than a Thomas' muffin and it was far easier to slice without it falling apart--they stopped selling them though. One of my favorite breakfast sandwiches is an English muffin with butter, American cheese and fried bologna sliced off a roll (I hate pre-sliced bologna) mmmm damn good stuff.  
  • Options
    sorry.....I just wanted to keep a fight going, I dont actually endorse this. So keep your muffins England!
  • Options
    Let's just paint some happy clouds 😁⛅

• Options
    vtgrad2003vtgrad2003 Master
    edited September 2021
    See, isn't this so much better  :D  <3

Now I'm off to the beach for a few days of surf fishing! 
  • Options
    Does anyone watch Indycar? One of the few sports that hasn't been invaded by democrat wokeness...two races left in one of the most exciting seasons I've seen since Champ Car and the old Paul Tracy days of racing. I'm a big Chip Ganassi fan...Scott Dixon in particular, but also glad to see Alex Palou pull off that race on Sunday! A ton of damn good young drivers coming into the series!
  • Options
    I like Grand Prix, went to Long Beach to see a race decades ago.
  • Options
    @vtgrad2003 I have not but I'm interested! 
  • Options
    I only watch the Indy 500
  • Options
    @Balisong

Grand Prix is a ton of fun too; my problem is I only have time to watch one sport at a time, lol, and since I grew up watching Indy cars (whether Champ or traditional Indy cars), I've come prefer that instead.

All that said, what amazes me is the difference in car setup and cost between the two sports, and that's probably why a lot of young drivers are coming over to Indy from Formula 1 and Formula 2. For instance, a typical Indycar setup takes about $10 million to run but a typical F 1 setup will run over $200 million. Obviously, sponsorship is key and it's simply hard to find a seat in F 1 unless someone dies or retires, but new Indy teams pop up all the time. 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    @Londy3 

If you are interested in the sport, here are a couple of pages you should start following. 

https://www.autosport.com/indycar/
    https://www.indycar.com/

It will take you a couple of years most likely to become familiar with the nuances of this racing series...it's certainly not as straightforward as other series are such as NASCAR (which I also like, but don't get a chance to watch much). Teams and drivers are constantly moving around within the series but there are a few stalwart teams such as Ganassi Racing, Andretti Autosport, and Team Penske. One thing I truly love about this sport is the fact that a smaller team can also do very well in it; for instance, the winner of this year's Indy 500 was a new team (Meyer Shank Racing), and the driver was Helio Castroneves who came back to the series after several years out of Indycar. So, it's a sport that anyone can compete in as long as they can put together the sponsership and a quality crew. 

There are only 2 races left this season, but they should be exciting ones because the season championship is on the line for several drivers. 
  • Options
    @vtgrad2003
    When's the next race and which network is televising it?
  • Options
    @Balisong this weekend on one of the NBC networks. However, I use a Firestick with Peacock TV, so I always view the race the day after on Peacock
  • Options
    edited September 2021
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    @vtgrad2003
    I love Mariachi and Tejano music.  I’m still bummed that XM Satellite dropped the channel.  That, and my Reggae.
  • Options
    @RockyMountainBriar and @vtgrad2003 you guys should check out the app radio garden it has FM stations from all over the world. I just checked mariachi music and a station from Mexico City called Mariachi Eterno just popped up.
  • Options
    I use to use Radio Pup to listen to The Cajun radio station in Lake Charles, LA., then my laptop died and I have not loaded it back up.  I actually won and received a new CD album, Horace Trahan’s Ossun Blues, in one of their promotions.  Great music by the way.
  • Options
    @Zouave @RockyMountainBriar I use Pandora for just about everything and can channel into a ton of mariachi on that for free (with ads every once in a while). But why in the world would XM drop reggae? I used to have XM and from what I remember that was a hugely popular channel...I think back then it was called the Bob Marley channel or something...
  • Options
    All I can think of is that Sirius XM must be paying all the car manufacturers a ton of money just to put XM radios in new cars. It's not even an option, they just come standard and then try to rope you in with a free 90-day trial. 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    @PappyJoe

Is the XM platform in the radio or the antennae? I have no idea, but if the latter, that may answer your implication...i.e., the marginal cost is so small that they just install one antenna in all vehicles that covers everything (i.e., gps, air radio, XM, etc.).