Home General
Options

Defensive and Everyday Carry

Comments

• Options
    vtgrad2003vtgrad2003 Master
    edited September 2021
    @PappyJoe
    You pose an interesting question. People (mostly men I'm referencing instead of women) in gun clubs would certainly be the type to consider smoking pipes as it's certainly easier to smoke one while at the range than cigarettes (mostly because you can set it down while shooting and then go back to it at any time). There are probably two dozen people in my small group, and two others including myself smoke pipes (the others that smoke mostly either smoke cigars or cigarettes). That percentage certainly exceeds the national percentage of pipe smokers. 
  • Options
    Londy3Londy3 Master
    edited September 2021
    I agree. I've noticed many similarities in circles.
    In my observation (you may disagree):
    Pipes/cigars/tobacco
    Whiskey/bourbon
    Beer
    Beards/form of facial hair
    Guns/knives/EDC things
    Believe in God
    Tattoos/artistic/musical/or enjoy art forms
    Patriotic

Again, disagree. Just been my experience. 

• Options
    Londy3Londy3 Master
    edited September 2021
    @vtgrad2003
    To answer your questions, my 637 is a Performance Center model so, it's got the trigger job and wood grips. These grips feel great in my hand. I have large hands and don't have any issues placing fingers in a comfortable position. It just feels natural to me. The as far as the thickness, it's probably the same as yours since it is the same J frame. The only difference is your custom grip looks like it could have been made a little thicker. I usually carry IWB at 4 o'clock and it does not interfere with driving. Actually, I forget it's there most of the day. The only issue really is the seatbelt could be in the way of a draw. I picked this up at my local gun shop new. I was looking for a concealed carry revolver and this fit the bill. I can tell you have not been gun shopping for a while. You won't find anything for $75 🤣😂!  Sheesh just look at ammo prices! 
  • Options
    Will someone please send Motie2 (the great arbitrator of everything) some cheese to go with his sarcastic whine
  • Options
    Or maybe some 

• Options
    edited September 2021
    @Londy3
    There are quite a few out there for $75 or less; some do push $100 or better, but those are more customized shapes. I don't think grip manufacturers had the supply chain issues that ammo and gun manufacturers had, so you never really saw much inflation in their prices. I would post the links to a few like Altamont and Hogue, but this site won't let me...keeps kicking it back for approval. Email me if you want those links. 

• Options
    @vtgrad2003 well these grips came with the gun so I really don't know what they would cost. 
  • Options
    @Londy3

Hey! Don't be picking on canned Spam. It's pretty good eating for breakfast and it is the state food of Hawaii.

• Options
    It's also a useful sly insult to throw at a Jew.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    @PappyJoe
    Absolutely nothing better than a fried Spam, lettuce, tomato, onion, and mayo sandwich for breakfast! I love 'em!

• Options
    Eeek! The spam thing was supposed to be funny. Spam is just funny.  

Sorry to offend folks. Really didn't mean anything by it. ☹️
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    @Londy3
    I'm 1/2 polish...I have yet to hear a polak joke I was offended by, in fact, I've never heard one I didn't laugh hysterically at. I'm also 1/2 Scottish and the Brits tell some hilarious Scottish jokes (mostly about them being the Rednecks of the Isles). 

But Spam? Come on...ever watch Monty Python? (Mark Forstater, a Jew, actually had royalty rights to Spamalot--a Broadway hit--although there was eventually a court case arguing that he should get more because he argued they ripped off the theme of Spamalot from the Holy Grail which he produced.) There is nothing offensive about Spam and it's obvious that there was no offense intended with yours, especially the way you framed it off of @mapletop s  post. Pulling things out of context seems to be all too common these days.
  • Options
    Oh, I’m sorry. Did I have an contrary opinion about your clever remarks? i’m so sorry. I’m not entitled to have an opinion, only a sarcastic whine as one wag charmingly put it. 

I guess mutual respect and common courtesy is more than one can expect.  And I ought to know; the same wag says I’m “the great arbiter of everything.”

Don’t you just admire his graduate level skill with name calling? 

I do.

Let’s get back to talking about pipes …… I mean guns. 

• Options
    edited September 2021
    Dude, chill out already...nobody would be doing this if you just chilled out a little, but you're always looking for something to complain about and/or something to stick your finger in someone's eye about. Yes, you don't always call people names directly, but you often use passive references (and sometimes even Latin) in ways that would certainly offend someone...especially someone that doesn't agree with you (remember all the nasty covid, mask and horse wormer posts of yours?)...just relax and join the fun!  :)   <3
  • Options
    Ok, everyone just needs to calm the hell down. Jokes are jokes. See what political correctness has done 🤪
  • Options
    Definition: NASTY, adj., Something that doesn‘t agree with your opinion of current events. 

Oh, right, I forgot. I’m not permitted to have an opinion and especially not one you take issue with. (-10pts., ending sentence with a preposition).Sorry about that. Again. 

So tell me: can we get back to talking about our guns?

• Options
    Londy3Londy3 Master
    edited September 2021
    Ok. Since this is the forum about defensive everyday carry, what guns do you have?
  • Options
    The is only one weapon for home defense….

A shotgun
  • Options
    @Zouave

I love the "Dr. Strangelove..." snippet! 
  • Options
    @Balisong thanks 😂 seemed like we needed a chuckle. One of the all time best movies in my humble opinion.
  • Options
    This is starting to look really good. The SRM Arms Model 1216 is a delayed blowback semi-automatic shotgun with a 16-round detachable revolver magazine. Designed for mobility, it is light and short and intended for home defense and law enforcement. 

• Options
    Sure looks like it beats the hell out of the old Remington 870f long-magazine riot shotguns I had in my armory back in the USCG.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    I have the original Keltec KSG Bullpup pump with double mags.  I’m liking the semi-auto on that SRM though.
    If I load the KSG with Aguila duplex mini-shells and I can get a whole box of 12 gauge in it😉
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    @Londy3
    This is when I first brought it home to live with me a few years ago.  I have since added an inexpensive BSA red dot holo sight.  It works well shooting with both eyes open on clay pigeons (at short ranges) 🙂. It should work ok for upland bird with Remington #4-#6 Nitro-Mags.  I used them in my 870 with a 20” cylinder barrel to great effect.  I’m not sure Remington even makes them anymore though.  It has been awhile since I have looked for them.
  • Options
    @RockyMountainBriar
    Awesome! Looks fun to shoot