Home Tobacco Talk
Options

The Loot! - What's your latest tobacco purchase?

Comments

• Options
    @RockyMountainBriar ~ That FireDance is AWESOME!
  • Options
    @OlePops
    I just added the new tin of Firedance to my aged mason jar (4-5 years?) of Firedance....the color change/aging of the tobacco is striking.  The tobacco has darkened markedly over the years😀
  • Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    Two ounces (bag) of EA Carey Revolution Tabac. 
  • Options
    OlePopsOlePops Master
    edited June 2019
    The prettiest thing next to a 3.5 oz tin of tobacco freshly stuffed into a clean pint Mason Jar ready for storage is a jar that only made it 2/3 of the way full and the satisfaction of knowing that somewhere there is someone you are really close to that has a nice fat sample in a ZipLock of some really Lairp'n tobacco. Feels good!!! Smoking my Neerup and some MacBaren Plumcacke Navy Blend today and relaxing ALL DAY!
  • Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    I enjoyed Erinmore mixture, but found the flake formula wanting. Let us know how you enjoy it?
  • Options
    @RockyMountainBriar ~ If it works out for you and you are able to smoke the turd, be really careful. The nic hit is incredible!!
  • Options
    @OlePops
    Yea, I am wary of it.  SG Black XX is plenty strong (but I love it...in small doses) and Brown #4 is suppose to be stronger......but I have to give it a try.  It looks like it is doing well in the mason jar.  It looks like it rehydrated fine.  I’m keeping it kind of cool to giving the moisture a chance to work its way to the center of “the turd”😳 mitigating the chance of mold.
  • Options
    Ron191Ron191 Master
    It was payday so after I cashed my check I headed into Martinsburg, WV to King Street Emporium to load up on tobacco. I bought 2 of of sleepy Creek (bulk blend of black Cavendish and red Virginia with an intense vanilla flavoring ) 221B Baker St (house blend medium English ) and Happy  Accident (3/4 Almost Heaven 1/4 latakia ). I can't wait to try the last one. I also picked up a bundle of Quorum cigars. O also picked up a couple of packs of pipe cleaners. It seems I've been going through a lot of them.  :) 
  • Options
    @RockyMountainBriar ~ You are absolutely correct, sir! Brown #4 is stronger, but Black XX tastes SOOOOOOO much better! It really has a great flavor.
  • Options
    @Ron191 ~ Looks like a great haul! I'm curious about Happy Accident. What is the blend Almost Heaven that the latakia is mixed with? An aro? 
  • Options
    @Ron191 ~ One can never have too many pipe cleaners! That Sleepy Creek is a Cherry, Vanilla Cavendish isn't it? That sounds right Lairp'n! 
  • Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    @Kmhartle
    "Happy  Accident (3/4 Almost Heaven 1/4 latakia )."
    http://www.kingstreetemporium.com/pipes-pipe-tabacco/
    <<Almost Heaven – Our most popular blend-smooth burning Golden Leaf Cavendish mixed with fire cured blends and our special ingredient to produce a flavorful, mild, pleasant aroma.>>

• Options
    Ron191Ron191 Master
    Thank you @motie2 for providing that information. I didn't know that he had updated the web site with the tobaccos and their ingredients. I'm not sure I know how to post a link either. I'm stuck sort of new at this internet thing. 
  • Options
    Just ordered some Sutliff Lord Nelson, Sutliff Vanilla Royale, and Scotty's Trout Stream to try. 
  • Options
    Mail call. Looking forward to trying some Wild Man later today. Tin note is great! 

• Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    Ah..... Gassssssslight
  • Options
    Restocking my rotation for the next few months with a variety of blends.

• Options
    One tin each of D&R London Dock, McConnell Ripe Honeydew and Samuel Gawith Limited Edition 2015 (100 gram tin).
  • Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    Sutliff's newest Private Stock blends, Eastfarthing and Panna Cotta.

Waiting for them to arrive with great anticipation
  • Options
    Today was supposed to be our meet-up day for the Nashville area S.O.B. Pipe Club but we had some folks who needed to move it forward a week so we are meeting next Sunday on the 11th. I scored these 2 tins on C&D Two Friends to "POP" with them when we meet up next Sunday. The Redwood is a blend that Greg Pease calls an every day smoke, and the Heritage was one of Craig Tarler of corporate C&D go-to blends. Both blends were a collaboration of minds between the two friends along with 5 other offerings in this collection. I look forward to trying each one, but I know the Maple, Plum and Rum flavoring mixed with the red and yellow Virginias of the "Heritage" and the VaPer offering of red and stoved Virginias and Periques of the "Redwood" had to be the first two I tried.

• Options
    I couldn't make it to the monthly meeting of the New Orleans Pipe Club last night (Thursday) because my sinus decided to stop working on Tuesday. I had recovered enough to drive to Mayan Imports in Metairie and drop off some things for the club though. This included some beautiful clay tasting pipes from https://markenpipes.com/ which owns the Old German Clay Pipe brand and have been in business for over 150 years. MarKen pipes sent the sample pipes out to various pipe club to introduce themselves better to the U.S. market.

Anyway, while I was in the shop, I decided to see what they had in stock and found the motherland of Samuel Gawith blends - Squadron Leader, 1792 Flake, Bob's Brown Flake, Grousemore, and four or five others. I bought a tin of the 1792 Flake and a tin of Grousemore.

I also came home with a tin of Sutliff Crumble Cake.

None have been opened yet - mainly because of my sinus problem and the tobacco I currently have open, but it won't be long before I'm trying them.
  • Options
    Something done gone and happened, @PappyJoe -- Somehow I've got an order of clay pipes from Marken Pipes about to be shipped this-a-way.

Had to go for the set of 7 different clay taster pipes for a mere $8.99, the freebie with any order, and the "Vienna coffee house" clay.

And this is the first place I've ever seen the "Lady's Leg" pipe for less than $150!
  • Options
    My MarKen's pipe order was shipped from Germany on Saturday. I wonder how long it will take to get through customs in NYC, and how much extra the tarriffs will cost me.

A pipe I ordererd from Rumania (I think it was) a year or so back, took five times as long to leave NYC post office as it took to get there from Europe. Then another two days to arrive here in Maine.
  • Options
    The package I received from MarKen took 7 days.