Home General
Options

New to the forum? Introduce yourself!

Comments

• Options
    Southern NJ here.....welcome
  • Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    A hearty welcome to new members. We hope you'll announce your arrival here.

We also welcome lurkers; this is a friendly forum.
  • Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    A cordial welcome to @Thebriardude

We look forward to your participation.

• Options
    Well, well, well! Francy meetin' you here! It's about time you showed up. Everyone welcome @Thebriardude
  • Options
    Welcome @Thebriardude , glad to have you with us!
  • Options
    Londy3Londy3 Master
    Welcome to the new members! Jump in y'all
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Greetings to all here!

My name is David, I live in Taylorsville, Ky., been there since 1995.....I am now 100% Disabled, due to developing "End Stage Renal Disease", but I REFUSE to live what's left of my life as an Invalid! I've adjusted my schedule for Dialysis 3 days a week, and I'm ALMOST able to do most everything I USED to do, except average, minimal amounts of physical exertion....the Noodle is still intact, it just gets REALLY tired pretty quick!

I've smoked a pipe off & on for most of my adult life.....haven't touched ANY form of tobacco since 2017, but my "forced retirement" from being a Master Electrician/Electrical Engineer has stimulated my Aromatics Cravings once more.....I've had ZERO desire to start smoking cigarettes again (some respiratory health issues), but I tolerate Pipe Tobacco quite well....just dont tell my Doctor.....

I saw my old Pipe Rack above my Work Bench last week, and did a thorough cleaning & sweetening of some old Dr. Grabow Omega's, a few Kaywoodie Campus and Lark-styled pipes, a couple of "vintage" Missouri Meerschaums, that I purchased MANY Moons ago.....they STILL give an enjoyable draw! So, a pouch of Capt. Black Royal, a pouch of Paladin Blackcherry, and it's like I never laid the old pipes down.....I almost forgot how satisfying the Dark & Golden Cavendish Tobaccos are.....

Lastly, I see HUNDREDS of Acres of Burley Tobacco maturing rapidly this time of year around my homestead; a few more months, they'll be filling the barns to cure it, then haul it to the warehouses for their "Christmas Payday".....a lot less growers than when I was a kid here, but STILL looks like a fine crop this year, again!

It's GREAT to be here, look forward to learning a LOT from the "Old Hands" in here.....

Sincerely,
    DocZeus
  • Options
    @DocZeus
    Welome Doc.....this IS the place to be with great people of a like mind. No BS here, almost everyone gets along very well with a wealth of knowledge to share. Join in and share your pipe and tobacco insights.

• Options
    @DocZeus

I echo my dear friend @pwkarch's welcome greetings.
    We all look forward to your participation in and contributions to our discussions.
    Have any questions? Ask anyone; w're a friendly bunch.
  • Options
    RandyB1966RandyB1966 Enthusiast
    @DocZeus

Welcome Sir, there are several good men in this group with lots-o-smarts.

• Options
    Welcome friend.

• Options
    @DocZeus

What's up Doc? Welcome to the farm! Nice to have you near.
  • Options
    Welcome @DocZeus , glad to have you!
  • Options
    ScampiScampi Professor
    My name is Craig and I'm new to this group. I go by Scampi he was my beloved dog who just passed away. I've been smoking a pipe for about 22 years and have acquired a vast pipe collection. I mostly smoke aromatics but am wanting to try something a little stronger and smokier
  • Options
    Hi @Scampi welcome.  these guys are great. Lots of great advice and good banter here. 
  • Options
    Welcome @Scampi , glad to have you with us!
  • Options
    @Scampi -- Welcome, indeed. Good to have you with us. Any questions about pipes, tobacco, or the site itself, just ask; we're a friendly bunch.
  • Options
    Welcome Scampi......join in on the site. LOTS of information and a great bunch of guys with tons of advice and experience. I had a Pussy Cat named "Scampy" years ago. I went into the Navy in the late 1960's. I went overseas and when I returned home on leave after a year, my buddy Scampy climbed right up with me as If I had never left.......a great pal.
  • Options
    friarjayfriarjay Newcomer
    edited August 2019
    Greetings! I joined the site back in 2016, and then forgot about it. For a while I was active on a few Pipe Smoking forums and Facebook groups, then I fell off. Never stopped puffing though. Finally I'm getting back into the saddle by engaging the Pipe Smoking community.

I'm a bi-vocational Anglican priest - my day job is working in the pest management industry - and a church planter out on Virginia's Middle Peninsula. I've been married just shy of twenty years, and have three teenagers. I've been smoking pipes for the past seven or so years, and I'm a big fan of quite a few blends put out by Sutliff.
  • Options
    pwkarchpwkarch Master
    edited August 2019
    Welcome Friar........lots of long time pipers here. A welcoming bunch of guys that will be happy to share ideas and comments. Jump in and join the group.

• Options
    @friarjay
    Welcome back! Several of us here are clergy.
    I'm retired clergy myself; six years now. 
  • Options
    Welcome to the fray all😀
  • Options
    A hearty welcome back @friarjay !
  • Options
    erivertreeerivertree Apprentice
    Greetings fellow pipers! I heard about TPL on Country Squire Radio and decided to check it out. Happy to connect here. I started smoking a pipe more regularly just last year. Before that I smoked sporadically, mostly a clay pipe at living history events.

But now I am hooked and the pipe is part of my regular lifestyle. I have a hankerin’ for Danish styles especially Neerup pipes. I also love churchwardens, I have a few from Flogglewerks but would like to expand my collection to other makers. I have a some Neerup cw’s in my basket at Smoking Pipes.

Currently my palate favors lightly topped/cased vanilla aros (C&D Green River Vanilla), burleys, and light latakia blends such as C&D Good Morning. I am working my way through the Country Squire blends, starting with their Middle Earth series. I absolutely LOVE “Old Toby”, and to my surprise, their Scottish-style “Bag End” is a second fave.

I hope to make it to a pipe show or few next year. We have decent old school tobacconist here in Louisville called Kremer’s Smoke Shoppe which I regularly frequent, and I also hope to make pipe pilgrimages to tobacconists in other cities, especially to the Country Squire one day! 🙂

Happy Piping,
    ~ Erika aka the Lady Lunter
  • Options
    @erivertree
    Welcome aboard......partake of the conversations. Mostly sharewhatever you feel is germane to the conversation. The oldest and "supposedly wisest" participants still can always learn.

There is a wealth of knowledege here, and just about every member is friendly and helpful. Get involved.
  • Options
    @erivertree
    Welcome to the forum. Just ignore the grumpy old guys when they get grumpy. Got a question? Ask it. We have answers.