Home Tobacco Talk
Options

What are you guys smoking right Now?

Comments

• Options
    We had no trick or treaters. @PappyJoe I was watching both the Patriots and the Buccaneers. It's good for Brady to lose, he comes back stronger and the Saints are on my list of teams I follow so no harm, no foul!
  • Options
    Lane 1Q in a Smokers Haven bent...

• Options
    I had about a 1/2 bowl of Master Penman left so I added some Jolly Old St. Nicholas to make a full bowl. 
  • Options
    Most of the day's work is done! Sitting with a cob full of Pease Charring Cross and an afternoon cocktail before setting up for tomorrow's work.
  • Options
    An old graybow filled with LL7 along with some smooth ambler bourbon. Nice way to ease out a stressful day.

• Options
    Scalder filled, cooler cleaned, birds safely locked away, roast chicken resting, Levant in a cob. Life is good!
  • Options
    @RondyR
    Hope you recover quickly, and if there ever was a soothing, sweet smoke to calm one's nerves, it is Crumble Kake Red. 
  • Options
    Had two bowls in lovely weather yesterday - 76 degrees, 29% humidity. First was Cobblestone Cafe Mocha Flake in my Ginger's Favorite followed by a bowl of Jolly Old St. Nick in my straight Rindaldo Apple. 
  • Options
    Carolina Red Flake in a cob.
  • Options
    I cracked open a jar of BriarWorks Pete's Beard that I've had for a year or so. It's a Virginia/Latakia blend that has the right amount of moisture, a nice size ribbon and great flavor in a cob!
  • Options
    Sutliff Creme Brulee in a Rhodesian meer. Let a small portion of the blend set out overnight. A little dryer and smokes better... IMHO...

• Options
    NICE @PappyJoe
    Never too early to start wearing the red... 🎅
  • Options
    @KA9FFJ
    Nope.
    I've already done three photo sessions with studio photographers and I have two more this weekend.
  • Options
    After dinner pipe of Peterson Deluxe Navy Rolls in an MM Diplomat fitted with a Forever Stem. Dinner consisted of scrambled eggs, our hens laid them, and carrots from our neighbors garden that we roasted!

• Options
    Macanudo Maduro baby

• Options
    @opipeman, don't feel pregnant.  I had a MM that continually caught fire when smoked.  It hit the trash.
  • Options
    @opipeman

I've added pipe mud to a few of my cobs but didn't find any significant improvement in their performance. I've tossed a few that never performed well, that's out of 50 or so, and a fifteen year old that was cracking. I learned alot from the "Corn Cob Primer" on pipedia.org and never use a filter or let a cake build on the walls. I don't smoke aromatics but I wouldn't doubt that oils in aromatic additives would be absorbed by the cob and turn rancid. This summer I noticed my cobs retaining moisture and started wondering if the humectants in some blends were accumulating in the pipes. I'm currently smoking only C&D produced tobaccos to see if humectants are a problem. 

Starting the day with G. L. Pease Charring Cross in an old MM Diplomat. 
  • Options
    @Balisong

I've noted that none of Rattray's European aromatics feature humectants.
    That's why they are so damn good.....
  • Options
    BalisongBalisong Master
    edited November 2021
    @motie2

Rattray, Fribourg & Trayer and Astley's amongst others are all made by Kohlhase & Koop. When they dry out they don't have the weird feel that tobacco treated with PG is left with. Waterloo No 2 has some Black Cavendish that is unflavored so I guess it's processed with sugar water. C&D claims their flavorings are natural but it's hard to know what "natural" means in ingredient lists.
  • Options
    @mfresa;
    I guess the closest I ever felt to feeling pregnant was when I tipped the scales at 205 pounds. I've lots 30 pounds since. Thanks for the response.
    @Balisong;
    Thanks for the insight. I tend to draw fast when i don't focus, maybe that is part of my problem with Cobs.
  • Options
    BriarWorks Pete's Beard in an MM Pride. I tried C&D Yale Mixture this morning, another Virginia/Latakia blend, but as of now Pete's the winner.