Home Tobacco Talk
Options

What are you guys smoking right Now?

Comments

• Options
    1792 Flake in a Whitehall Zulu.
  • Options
    Solani Aged Burley Flake in an old IRC apple.
  • Options
    @mapletop, how do you like that Neerup?  I fancy his designs.
  • Options
    McBaren Dark Twist in a homemade churchwarden.
  • Options
    PS LNF in a Rossi Lucca billiard.
  • Options
    Ashton Golden Rush in a L'Anatra
  • Options
    A banner afternoon with 70 degrees and clear skies. I took advantage as I have not smoked in weeks. First bowl was Sutliff Vanilla Custard mixed 50/ 50 with Sutliff Chocolate Mousse. Second bowl Carter Hall straight up. Both of those adventures were with a Briar Medico Varsity and were decent smokes, I forgot how much I like Carter Hall. The third smoke was Lane Dark Red in a Savinelli Solaria KS.......also a good experience. So hopefully this is the first of my spring, summer, and fall pipe adventures as this winter was a bust with the cold and the incredible amount of rain we have had.
  • Options
    Found myself doing yard work so I packed my little Butz-Choquin with a bowl of CAO Black, grabbed a saw, and began cutting down some small tress in the backyard that if allowed to get much taller, would tangle themselves into the power lines coming into my house. Boy ... am I out of shape!
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    I think I have found the perfect pipe for Black XX for me🙂.  I cut some thin coins, rubbed them out and let the tobacco dry for at least an hour.  It smoked to the bottom and was not nearly as tough to keep lit.  I think it may have lost some of the flavor, but it was still a nice smoke.  Even in this small WDC Baby Wellington, it still gave me a bit of the ”nic shakes”, although not enough to make me cut the smoke short and dump half the bowl...like in previous attempts 😬 
  • Options
    Weather finally cooperating. Close to 80 today with a slight breeze... Perfect! Naturally that meant front porch rocking chair time this afternoon. Enjoyed some SWR Aro in a refurbed no-name while rocking away and enjoying watching the neighborhood come alive... Really do enjoy this time of year...
  • Options
    Having a bowl of Carter Hall in a Missouri Meerschaum Eaton in honor of Missouri Meerschaum's 150th anniversary. 
  • Options
    @RockyMountainBriar You're a braver man than I. Black XX sounds interesting, but I know it'll push me to my limits. It's definitely a small pipe tobacco.

Ending a busy weekend with GLP's Sextant in my Savinelli Dublin.

• Options
    Amphora Regular in a Country Gent bent.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    @thebadgerpiper
    Strangly, being an aromatic fan, I really do love Black XX..in small measure. I am actually running low.  I got an e-mail in-stock alert from Smokingpipes.com last week.  I had a couple of Samuel Gawith tins in my cart and was going to add a more.  When I went to check out, it was already gone.  Sooo...I went and put one of the "big bags" of Black XX in the cart...before I could hit the pay button, it went out of stock as well.  It pissed me off enough that I canceled the whole order.  This is the second time I have not been fast enough to make a purchase before it was sold out.  It's really irritating.
  • Options
    Lucky Lady (local B&M blend) in a Stanwell Billiard
  • Options
    Borkum Riff Original in my new Dr Grabow Omega while sitting in the porch swing. This was good enough to stir the dottle and smoke all the way to the bottom. 
  • Options
    A blend of my  own making, its a slightly sweet and mellow Balkan.  its my clone recipe for  Balkan Sobraine including the yenidje, which is very good.
    I then add some unsweetened green river black Cavendish and   a bit of PS 201 black Cavendish for a little sweetening.
    Great stuff, prefer it in a larger bowl: tonight its a large rusticated black bent Bjarne            

• Options
    SPC Plum Pudding in a Carey Freehand on my hour drive home from work this evening. 
  • Options
    @RockyMountainBriar Sorry to hear about the frustrations with Smoking Pipes. I'd like to restock some favorites of Samuel Gawith and G&H, but they're difficult to find. I'm hoping this isn't the new norm with them. Based on your recommendations, I'll have to try Black XX out one day.

Currently puffing C&D's Morley's Best in my GBD Bent Bulldog.

• Options
    The last of a tin of MacBaren Burley London, that I set aside in August of '13, in a Country Gent.
  • Options
    Some Sunset Rum while working on a wreck report. Got some Mrs. Hudsons with me for later.
  • Options
    Savilnelli's 140 Anniversary in a big bowl Lorenzetti. I tried this blend in smalls bowls pipes and don't like it , now trying in a big bowl and still don't like, it is too spicy for me. Also thinking about order a Bone Pipe, that you guys said that is a good pipe, the price is good.
  • Options
    Jeff20Jeff20 Connoisseur
     Sweet Killarney in an older Dr.Grabow Lark. ♠
  • Options
    Frog Morton Cellar in a Carey English Gentleman. 
  • Options
    Solani 656 in a Washington.
  • Options
    Opened a tin of Peterson Special Reserve 2016 about a month ago and I'm still smoking it. Didn't particularly like it at first, but it has been a daily smoke for some reason. 
    The same with D&R Athey which is a straight Virginia. I've been alternating between the two.