Home The Pack
Options

Welcome to The Pack!

Comments

• Options
    Welcome to TPL!
  • Options
    Welcome to anyone who's joined since the last time I wandered in here.
  • Options
    Welcome to the pack.
  • Options
    Hey everyone! My name is Jon and I live near Nashville, TN. I've been enjoying pipes for a few years. I still struggle with cigs, but I am almost at the point of dropping them completely. I really like Va/Pers and hybrids such as Irish Oak. In the morning I like to have something aromatic with my coffee. I like 1Q for that, or a chocolate blend from McClelland.

During the day I like the Va/Pers and at night I like Nightcap or other blends that are similar.

Lately I've been enjoying Royal Yacht and I'm going to be ordering some Pease blends. Never tried that brand but have read some real good reviews.

Once it starts getting colder down here I will lean more towards rich English blends.

Look forward to chatting and learning lots from all of you!
  • Options
    @NickCorreia @PhilosoPiper @RockyMountainBriar @jaxplace22 @trucks49 - Welcome! Looking forward to what you all have to add to the discussion here!

• Options
    @PhilosoPiper - Welcome! We are part of a church planting network also. Where are you located in Houston?
  • Options
    PhilosoPiperPhilosoPiper Connoisseur
    edited November 2016
    @Mangoandy- We are located in the Heights. We attend the HCPN events as often as possible, however we aren't technically a part of any church planting network.

Also, thanks for the warm welcome everyone! 
  • Options
    Welcome everyone! Hope to see you around on the board!
  • Options
    Hello, my name is John, I'm from the southeastern part of the country. I have been smoking a pipe off and on since 1977. I like about all tobacco blends, but burley based are really my favorite. I have not really smoked a blend that I really don't like. I am fond of Peterson pipes, especially the System pipes.
  • Options
    Welcome John! 
  • Options
    Hey, everyone. New guy here. I live in  Drummond Island, Michigan; originally from Saginaw. Been smoking for almost 7 years now.
  • Options
    Welcome all, I've been finding this group quite lively with a good mix.
  • Options
    @kilroy6644 - spent a week on Drummond last summer with the family.Gorgeous up there.

• Options
    Welcome to everyone who has joined since I last said "Hi".
  • Options
    Greetings fellow pipesters.  Ive posted a few times but just wanted to say hello!  I make most of my own pipes from briar plateau.  I mostly enjoy the English blends but I enjoy a good VA/PR as well.  As my user name will indicate, Esoterica Penzance is my favorite blend to date.  I will post some photos of my "home builds" as time permits.  Glad to join such a great community.  Thanks for having me! 
  • Options
    Hello all,
    I've been a pipe smoker since 1990 and I enjoy most kinds of tobacco, but I'm especially partial to English blends. I participate on several other forums and some of you may know me from them. I live in eastern Indiana and also enjoy reading and fly fishing.
  • Options
    IndyJGIndyJG Apprentice
    Welcome @PhiloBeddoe! I'm a bit west of you in Brownsburg just west of Indy.
  • Options
    I'm Maxwel Mullins from Bozeman Montana. I started smoking cigars and bought a pipe a couple years ago. It took me a little while to pick it back up. I've only been smoking the pipe for about a month now and has become my favorite hobby. Bozeman doesn't seem to have a lot of pipe smokers so I have learned almost everything (which isn't much) through the country squire podcast and a local tobacconist. This community is awesome, excited to learn more and more and I'm proud to be apart of it.
  • Options
    Hello to all, and welcome.
  • Options
    welcome everyone!
  • Options
    Hi all, and Happy Thanksgiving. Name's Ed Molt, I live in Warrensburg MO. Started smoking a pipe about 20 years ago. Mostly smoke English blends, but enjoy a good aro from time to time. Work as a auto mechanic at a Chrysler dealership, specializing in Cummins Diesels. Been married to the same wonderful lady for 39 years. 2 sons and 4 grandsons. The Handle has been around since being on forums in the late 90s. I have owned 6 Mustangs including 2 73-78 models. So mustangii has stuck. Found the site thru Pipes and Tobaccos Magazine.
  • Options
    Welcome Mustsangii.
  • Options

Ok, although it sounds like a AA meeting, I'm Ed and I'm a pipe smoker since 1969.  Dad smoked cigs (didn't everyone then?), but I always thought that cough was not inviting, so I never smoked cigs. While in the Navy, married with 1 son, my wife bought me a Dr. Graybow pipe and some Field & Stream. It's been 50 years, no more Dr. Pipes and no more Field & Stream, but I still smoke pipes. Have a variety of pipes from Stanwell to Savinelli to Petersen. Smoke almost anything, usually ordered through 'Pipes & Cigars.com'. 

Just recently, bought a tin of Capt Blacks GRAPE ! It's not for me, but the wife loves the aroma !

Good to see I'm not the last pipe smoker !

Getting to the age where pretty young things come walking right up to me sitting in my convertible enjoying a smoke and they inevitably say "My grandfather used to smoke a pipe !"    Tough to get old ! 

• Options
    Tell me about it. Welcome aboard.
  • Options
    Don't worry about it. Those of us in the geezer community are well represented on this forum.
  • Options

Hello,

John, here. New to the site.
    I'm currently freezing my tail off in Salem, Oregon (unusually
    icy weather for this part of the country), so I haven't been smoking
    a pipe much recently. I've been smoking a pipe off and on for about 20 years
    now, which seems like an awfully long time now that I say it. It
    seems like only yesterday I was buying the seemingly mandatory,
    ubiquitous churchwarden of nearly every new pipe smoker since the
    1990s. I recently discovered Country Squire Radio, which inspired me to return to the briar as it were. Looking forward to learning more about pipes and tobaccos and
    having some great conversations!

• Options
    I'm a bit backwards I guess, I didn't see this thread until after I've already been posting all over the place!  I started smoking a pipe back in the mid 90's, off and on since then but recently decided to change over to pipes and finally kick the cigs to the curb.  I smoke Cobs from Missouri Meerschaum, my family is from MO so my father and relatives always smoked cobs-I've tried briars and concluded that I agree with family tradition and now proudly own 15 cobs.  Some are dedicated to certain blends and some are just there for when I want them.  I reside in New England and smoke on my front porch quietly enjoying my neighborhood.  I have a soft spot for classic American burley blends once again thanks to past generations in my family.  Prince Albert, Velvet, Sir Walter, and Granger remain in my rotation at all times, though I cellar many english and aromatic blends as well in smaller quantities.  I'm very glad I stumbled onto this site and have already made it part of my daily routine. 
  • Options
    Would I be considered a geezer at 55 yrs.old and 34 yrs. in the hobby and because I still smoke Carter Hall?