Home The Pack
Options

Welcome to The Pack!

Comments

• Options
    From my understanding:
    - Cardinals might not be too good.  The cardinals are notorious for winning a large portion of games in the early part of the season then riding the losses out towards the playoffs.. Pitching is the main factor for my team.  We haven't had a great core of solid pitchers in years.  With the signing of more pitchers and quiet talk about the trades.  I think we'll make it to the playoffs but not much farther.
    - Word out in Kansas:  They are leaning hard on pitcher Herrera to be their game changer for the year.  As we all know, you can't lean on one player (Like the Cardinals do with Carpenter).  It doesn't work but they still have a power packed offense that will push them pretty far.  If not plagued by too many injuries; I think this Kansas team will go very far in the playoffs.

I have a silent love for cursed teams so I always hope for Boston to do well.  When the curse was broke it was amazing!!! Speaking of Curse Broken Teams; the Cubs are going to be a tough team this year but I think they are going to have troubles staying consistent within the middle season.  The strength of schedules, I think, might be too much for them in the end.  We watched a team put all their cogs together and work well together.  What happens if there is not such a close team dynamic?  Well, we are about see next season.  

That's awesome that your son got to meet Tek! That must've been an awesome experience!   
  • Options

I was up in Boston area working with Raytheon, Boston Fans really are true fans.

• Options
    @paulwansing I think that with the addition of Chris Sale the Redsox will be favored to win the East again. Price will be better. It usually takes a year to settle into Boston so he will be better. Then Porcello is now in his prime and could put up another great season. The big question is how do we replace Papi's production and leadership. Well Pedroia will be the leader he has always been and Hanley will hit bombs here and there but nobody was more clutch than Papi. So Mookie will need to step into that role and deliver in the clutch. The Yankees finished last year strong and they resigned Chapman and they found there power hitter in Gary Sanchez. So look for them to be our main nemesis again. The Jays will miss Encarnacion and they do not have our depth of pitchers. The Orioles have a great manager but I think we can out last them. It is our division to lose. Go Sox!!!
  • Options
    @paulwansing,Tribe all the way!!!! signing Edwin Encarnacion, Michael Brantley coming back, best bullpen and starting staff in baseball, World Series!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Hi, My name is Eric and I live in Albuquerque, NM.  Started smoking a pipe about six months ago when I found a Savinelli in a box of my wife's dad's stuff.  Been enjoying it ever since, Virginia's and English blends.  Even have started to refurbish and modify estate pipes, really loving the pipe smoking and working on the pipes.
  • Options
  • Options
    Hello everyone! I too am named Eric and have been smoking for 6 months. (@addamsruspipe, brother from another mother) I live in Chicago and fortunate to work by Iwan Ries & Co. I would go there to get cigars, but eventually shifted to pipes (thanks Douglas.) I'm still exploring all that pipe tobaccos have to offer. As of now Solani Virginia Flake with Perique is my favorite. I'm looking forward to my first Chicago Pipe Show this year. Now I just need to come up with a plan so the wife won't look at the bank account that month :o)  
  • Options
    Welcome to the pack!!
  • Options
    @Maukapiper Welcome to the pack! have fun and explore the forums!
  • Options
    Hello everyone, my name is Clark. I've been smoking pipes for about 6 years and I'm excited to be a part of this community. Smoking a pipe is my absolute favorite way to relax and take my mind off of the business of life. My profile pic is actually my logo for a company that I am launching in the next month or so. It's called The Tin Society and it's a monthly pipe tobacco subscription service. You'll receive new tins of tobacco each month and be able to discover new blends that you may have never though to try. If you're interested head on over to tinsociety.com and sign up for our email updates.  
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    I'm Glad I found this forum, I've found some pretty useful info. I am new to this, just started just about 2mnths ago. I got started cause I do woodwork and decided one day I'd try to make one. So I did, but then I had to make another since I thought it was too nice to use so I made a 2nd one for use and put my first one on display in my wife's curio cabinet. I enjoy making them and will continue to make them and hopefully one day I can make a name for myself in the industry. I chose Captain Black Royal as my first attempt, I am very satisfied with this blend. I'm gonna post pics of my work, pls give criticism, whether good or bad. I'm learning. The one in the stand is #1, the smaller straight one is #3 and the bullet style is #2.First Bulldog AFirst Bulldog BFirst Bulldog CFirst Piece AFirst Piece BFirst Piece C
    First Bullet style
  • Options
  • Options
    PhilipPhilip Enthusiast
    Is that bit metal?
  • Options
    @Cjd0005  @Pipemaker84 Welcome yall!!! Explore it all and have fun!
  • Options
    A warm welcome to all the new members!
  • Options
    My name is Matthew.  I live in Plumas Lake, California which is about 30 miles North of Sacramento.  Growing up, I had an uncle (Uncle Ed) that smoked a pipe. I never saw that pipe leave his hand.  Even indoors and unlit, he still clenched that pipe in his teeth. I would open up his tins of tobacco and smell them. He would smile at me and wink.  About 5 months ago, my wife asked me "Why don't you try smoking a pipe?".  I thought it a strange question at the time, but the idea intrigued me.  Knowing next to nothing about pipes themselves let alone pipe tobacco, I ordered a Dr. Grabow Royal Duke Straight Smooth pipe and the Froggy Went A Courtin' Tin Sampler.  Once it arrived, the romance began.  I am proud to be part of the tradition.
  • Options
    Hello everyone I'm Dwight smoked cigars for years but just tried a pipe for the first time.
  • Options
    GordonGordon Newcomer
    My name is Gordon. I'm 70 years old and a retired clergyman. (I'm the guy offering Theology of Pipe Smoking .pdf's. Want one? Just get me your email.) I live in New Jersey. After a three decade hiatus, I'm back to pipe smoking. What got me started again? Stumbling across a P&C catalogue!!! At present I have four EA Carey's (two from my original collection, now long gone, and two bought used recently on Youtube) and one Duncan Hill Aerosphere (also from my previous collection). Back in the day, I smoked mostly Balkan Sobranie, Escudo, and a couple of Dunhill and Mac Baren blends. Today, I find myself smoking aromatics, and especially Molto Dolce, Maple Street, and Barbados Plantation (all Sutliff blends). Go figure. 

BTW, For months, I've been @motie2 here in This Pipe Life. Now because of a system problem, I'm @Gordon and I lost all my badges. Frustrating.
  • Options
    @pipeman83 -- Yes. "Not that there's anything wrong with that."    I'm a geezer at age 70, smoking sweet tobaccos from Sutliff instead of the English blends I smoked before I stopped smoking altogether around 1986.
  • Options
    Tracy, 55 yr old male from the Pocono Mountains, enjoy smoking from my Meershaum. Nice to meet everyone
  • Options
    OK, so I'm back to being @motie2 (I'm no longer @Gordon) but does anybody know where one goes on the site to see one's own earned badges, etc.? I'd like to see if I still have them after my re-registering and then reverting to my original registration.
  • Options
    I found it. Thank you all who responded by DM.
  • Options
    Ok, here's another TPL question: What is the difference between a "post" and a "comment"????? (This is in reference to Badges and Rankings here.)
  • Options
    Post - is when you start a new conversation.
    Comment - is what you make on a Post.

That's just my guess.
  • Options
    @PappyJoe -- Thank you, kind sir. That's the conclusion I came to, but I sought some affirmation.....
  • Options
    Topaz75Topaz75 Professor
    What you are reading now is a comment. As PappyJoe has commented, a comment is not a post. A post initiates a new conversation, whereas a comment comments on a conversation that someone else has previously posted. However, keep in mind that if you want to comment on a post, it is necessary that you post your comment. Any comments?
  • Options
    @Topaz75 I would like to add a little insight to what you have said.  One could also comment with a post!  One who starts a post to make a comment and get replies on said comment.   We could go on and on and have a great laugh on this...why not...
    @ everyone else
    Then someone could post their comment on said post by commenting......To comment on a post or post on a comment or post to comment or comment a post or post the comment or comment on a comment or post about a post on another post to get more comments about said posts and comment.... LMAO 

Just call it what you will but to start a thread you post a new discussion and people comment on said discussion by posting their reply which might be a comment or not but TPL says a new discussion is a post and everyone posting on said post is commenting. LOL  
    Anyone confused or mad yet?  Don't be go to shits and giggles and read a few comments, if you don't crack a smile over there then you might need to go see a doctor about to much stress in your life.   I love to joke, I hope I don't rub to many people wrong but hey life is to short people! 
    We are Brothers and Sister (Nicole) So lets not get upset over little stuff and no I never thought anyone was upset over these posts but you never know.