Home General
Options

Defensive and Everyday Carry

Comments

• Options
    @vtgrad2003;
    Rep. Massie has a nice looking family.
  • Options
    @motie2 You've been peaking in my closet.
  • Options
    @mapletop

Perhaps, perhaps.
    Depends on dosage.
    But I never peek.
  • Options
    @motie2

I sold 5 different models of extendable batons, and for the purists rattan escrima sticks.
  • Options
    Too many folks EDC the Covid variants.....

• Options
    vtgrad2003vtgrad2003 Master
    edited December 2021
    Is anyone interested in buying a box of 410 bore, 25 round, 2 1/2", 1/2 oz, 6 shot Winchester Super X, and a box of Aguila 410 bore, 25 round, 2 1/2" 1/2 oz, 00 buck? $40 for both and you pay shipping from NC.  
  • Options
    @RockyMountainBriar
    You do have great friends 🤠
  • Options
  • Options
    Londy3Londy3 Master
    edited December 2021
    @RockyMountainBriar
    Love them caddy's. I've had 6 Cadillac's so far. The biggest was a 1990 Sedan DeVille. I currently have an XT5. Italians drive these cars for a reason 😎
  • Options
    That's not completely true, there are still a few of us around.
  • Options
    vtgrad2003vtgrad2003 Master
    edited January 2022
    As you all know, I'm a Smith & Wesson handgun enthusiast...and here is a new one that has now shot to the top of my next purchase list!!! Brand new...just introduced a few days ago from what I can see and pretty good video by this guy--a hammer fired single action 9mm at only 19.5 ozs!

https://www.smith-wesson.com/product/csx?sku=12615

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7g_e1HWcHo
  • Options
    RondyRRondyR Connoisseur
    I live in the Glorious People’s Republic of Marylandistan where it’s virtually impossible for anyone who is not a cop, wealthy, or friends with the State Police board that issues concealed carry permits to obtain a carry permit. It’s the thing that I most hate about Maryland, and I’ll never forget how Governor Hogan lied directly to my face when he was first running for the office when he assured me that he would not rest until Maryland became a Shall Issue state. He’s done absolutely nothing towards protecting Marylander’s God-given right to own and carry a firearm for defense; in truth he’s made it more difficult to do so! 

And now the Democrats of Maryland have made it a crime to own an AR-15. If the US Supreme Court does not rule the only correct way then states like Maryland will come for our handguns next, and then finally for our shotguns. Only the police and the criminals will be permitted to own firearms. 

So my everyday carry is an ASP baton and a knife. That doesn’t come even remotely close to being able to carry my .45 but at least it’s better than nothing. 

Maryland is well on its way to becoming an authoritarian hellhole. 
  • Options
    @RondyR
    Isn't it great when only the car jackers, home invaders, thieves, rapists, thugs and murderers have guns? I'm a born Virginian, but frankly, after living here in NC for 2/3's of my life, I'm a Tar Heel for sure and it's obvious that the Mason Dixon line has moved from northern Marylandistan to the VA/NC border--I don't even consider my birth state as southern anymore (although there might be some hope with the latest elections there). 

By the way, I wonder just how many guns will be "accidentally" dropped in the proverbial wood chipper if a state actually did try to go after someone's guns.
  • Options
    @vtgrad2003
    No, No, not wood chipper, “boating accident”, “boating accident”.
  • Options
    @RockyMountainBriar
    I can't remember if you mentioned this theory or not, but here is a video from someone with a reasonable theory on what might have happened with the Alec Baldwin, dumbass event on the movie set--still inexcusable and he's still an idiot, and still doesn't explain why a live round was in the gun and/or why he didn't check it and/or why he was pointing it at someone, but, it is a reasonable theory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5NI1fTx8tI
  • Options
    First, yes, why were there live rounds anywhere near the set, crazy?

Some things the youtuber does not take into account is wether or not the “prop gun” that was used, was very well used, or maybe had some trigger work done on it.  The youtuber was using a brand new firearm.  The new Uberti’s actually have a type of hidden drop lever trigger/firing pin safety as well, again, not sure exactly what model was used.  The reason I mention this is that if the “prop gun” sear had been “worked on”, or just plain wore from practice or handling, especially the move staple of “fanning” the hammer, the half-cock sear notch may have been very worn, or even gone.  If the “prop gun” was of the new model with the hidden trigger/firing pin type, there is a chance that something could lodge around the firing pin, or just get stuck from dirt and “fix” the firing pin in place, which negates the “finger has to be on the trigger “safety”.  I have an Uberti “The Expendables” model .45 with that new type of trigger/hammer safety…..I do not trust it.  I treat the weapon as if it had a fixed firing pin.  Now, all of this is giving Baldwin the benefit of the doubt about having never pulled the trigger in the first place….and , holding down the trigger for “fanning” is “pulling the trigger”.  

As a side note, the “roller” on the Uberti “The Expendables” hammer is very, very dangerous.  It is crazy easy to slip a thumb off of the hammer when attempting to slowly lower the hammer to a safe position.  I plan on getting a new “normal” hammer to replace it in fact, it’s that scary.  I will say, I am glad it was not loaded the first time the hammer slipped/rolled out from under my thumb when getting use to de-cocking it.  Also, I have shot plenty of other single actions, so it was not like I had never operated a single action Colt before.
  • Options
    I've got a 1975, S&W Model 37 (Airweight version of the Chief's Special) with the same sort of firing pin on the hammer; I can't see anything getting into that firing pin area and fixing it. The only way debris could get in there is if someone grinded it in the ground, upside down, with the hammer set in single action position, and even then, simply by the way it is mounted, I don't even think debris could get wedged in there enough to fix the pin--my personal opinion is that it would be near impossible for that to happen.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    I think the “retractable” firing pin on the new Uberti 1873 single actions may be a horse of another color?  If the rod gets stuck in the up/“firing position” it would essentially act like a fixed firing pin.  There is not much space between the rod and the hole in the hammer where it resides, dirt and grime could “jam” it if it was not cleaned regularly….or after being dropped in the dirt.  It’s pretty unlikely, but I believe it could happen.  Just like I don’t trust “hammer drop” safety’s either.  I think it was Ruger that had a few of their automatics years back, I don’t recall the model off hand, that fired when the “hammer drop” safety was engaged.  There was a recall.  There was at least one case where the firing pin had broken in half at ~45 degrees, the two “long” ends were against each other making the firing pin basically twice the length of the diameter of the firing pin. The pin protruded enough at that point to touch off the round when the hammer fell😳

Here is a picture of the old and new style Uberti hammers for reference.  When the trigger is pulled, the little pall on the trigger holds the little rod up behind the firing pin.  Otherwise the firing pin is “retracted” and should not fire…..unless the pin or rod get stuck.
  • Options
    I purchased the Performance Center version (enhanced trigger group and is ported) of the Shield Plus for my 5' 2" daughter over the summer.
  • Options
    @mapletop
    These are brand new models...called "30 Super Carry" for some reason. Basically the old models with more rounds. I'm actually getting ready to sell one of my 8+1, 9mm standard shields and buy the new CSX hammer fired. 
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    @vtgrad2003
    You sell your guns😳
    I just keep what I have and buy more😬
    But then, I have NWMBO😉
  • Options
    @RockyMountainBriar
    I'm with you concerning firearms. I'm not a collector, they just seem to collect themselves...😳
    Does that make sense?🤔
  • Options
    @RockyMountainBriar
    What the hell is NWMBO? 
    You old timers really need to start speaking like adults and stop this texting crap!  :D