Home Pipes & Tools
Options

Estate Sale - Flee Market - Garage Sale Finds

Comments

• Options
    Then came the stem. I couldn't believe all the crap that came out of that little guy... Wound up using about 12-15 cleaners before I was satisfied... but as you can see, it turned out fine... I was also able to get out about 99% of the chatter...
  • Options
    @KA9FFJ
    Very nice restorations.  They are looking great.
  • Options
    @PappyJoe
    Contrary to popular belief here, smoking a pipe does not necessarily make one intelligent.
  • Options
    Well, am I stupid or what? Don't answer that question...
    I fat fingered this smartphone and put this pipe in the wrong thread! 
    Naturally  it should have been posted under PIPE REFINISHING...
    My apologies to all...
  • Options
    @KA9FFJ
    That little Lovat looks great.....no matter what thread it’s under🙂
  • Options
  • Options
    @RockyMountainBriar
    I had a "brain glitch" moment is why it was misdirected. Probably why I didn't register the quote marks around realistic. 
  • Options
    @KA9FFJ !!!!!!!! That's an amazing find!!!
  • Options
    Have to admit, my stumbling around flea markets, antique malls, etc. has been pretty unproductive for the past four or five months. I think people are beating me to the good buys.   :)
  • Options
    @PappyJoe the last antique store I stopped in, I asked the owner if he had any estate pipes. He told me that women keep buying them up as fast as he gets them in. I found that odd since I highly doubt they are smoking them. Not that there is anything wrong with that. 
  • Options
    @Zouave
    If they are women like my wife, they buy them for their husbands, boyfriends, etc. Most of the estate pipes I own were found by my wife and then pointed out to me. 
  • Options
    My wife and I stopped into a little antique store near us that we hadn't visited in a while. I found an interesting little pipe with a great sandblast for $5. No markings only an odd little oval on the bottom of the bowl. Doesn't really look like a GBD oval and there are no letters in it. Cleaned up great and is a dandy smoker! 

• Options
    @rumrum4me
    No luck identifying the artist at pipephil.eu
    but Google images says it’s a “metal working tool.” :p
  • Options
    Congratulations @ghostsofpompeii on such an awesome find! I'm really happy for you. 
    With that great background story, it reinforces the idea that we don't own any pipes... they are simply on "loan" to us and will be passed on to another brother of the briar after we ourselves pass on...
    Anyway, sure would like to see more pics of that great find...
  • Options
    Fantastic find @ghostsofpompeii! Great looking pipe!
  • Options

WOW

Just WOW

What a find!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    @KA9FFJ Wow, incredible find! You did a great job fixing it up.
  • Options
    Rshey1Rshey1 Apprentice
    edited January 2020
    This may be interesting to some of you.
  • Options
    Rshey1Rshey1 Apprentice
    Well I can’t seem to get the pictures loaded I’ll keep tying