Home Pipes & Tools
Options

Estate Sale - Flee Market - Garage Sale Finds

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    Walked around a couple of antique shops this afternoon and saw these plus they had one of the large Carter Hall tins with a bunch more of the bowls. Couldn't find the price on them and I couldn't get to the counter to ask so I may have to go back.

• Options
    @opipeman
    You're a pipe whore is what you are  :D  You'd sell your booty for a nice Sav!
  • Options
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    I paid a visit to one of the local tobacconists (Stogie’s) and spied this Peterson Pipe rack on top of a display cabinet.  It is missing the brass plate that said “Peterson Lip Celebration 1898-1998”.  I inquired if it was for sale, indeed it was…$25.95 out the door🙂. It was made for the Peterson X61 set of smooth and rustic pipes.  I do not have the rustic, but I do have two of the smooths🙂.  I think my buddy In Tennessee can laser engrave a facsimile of the original plate👍🏻.  We will see.
  • Options
    Here is a picture of the set it was made for.
  • Options
    thus far all i've found in the wild are old kaywoodies, grabows, yellowboles, and the like. Most are wellllll used and usually 10-15 a piece. I've yet to feel like it was worth getting to restore though as I acquire more materials to do restorations/deep cleanings that may change. I usually hawk ebay and have purchased 3 pipes now that I feel like I got a good deal on.