Home General

Defensive and Everyday Carry

Comments

• mustangiimustangii Professor
    Missouri is a Constitutional carry, don't need a permit. Sorry slow to answer.
  • vtgrad2003vtgrad2003 Master
    edited May 2022
    When it comes to guns, democrats are the biggest dumb shits that ever shit dumb--see what Biden said about 9mm bullets; now, remember, a 380 is many times called a "9mm short" and a 9mm is sometimes called a "38 short" (i.e., the diameters of all three are about the same with the exception of the 38 vs 9, but I use my 38 brush to ream my 9's all the time, it's mostly the length of the slug that is the big difference), in other words, a 9mm is one of the smallest bullets commonly used in handguns

Biden recalled a briefing he had when he was a senator on bullet calibers and the damage they caused to the human body.

“The 22 caliber bullet will lodge in the lungs and we can get it out,” Biden said. “A 9 mm bullet blows the lung out of the body.”

“The idea of a high caliber weapon, there is no rationale for it in terms of self-protection, hunting,” he said.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/05/30/joe-biden-on-memorial-day-the-constitution-the-second-amendment-was-never-absolute/

• Joe Bidumb  like many of his ilk are simply stupid.
    So why do people continue to vote for theses idiots, because we have  too many idiot citizens who do not know what honor and critical thinking are..
  • Londy3Londy3 Master
    No question joe biteme is a senile dumbass bitch boy who should already be in prison. However, when you have zero voting integrity and a justice system that is the most corrupt in the world, this is what you get. 
  • LOL "bitch boy" LOL
  • mfresamfresa Master
    Anybody ever use a shoulder rig?
  • No, I prefer to actually be able to draw my weapon and not have to take off my shirt to do it, lol. Why do you ask? I'm particular with my holsters...all very flexible, all clip on, mostly IWB but I do have some OWB as well.

• @mfresa
    I use one when hunting sometimes, but not for concealed carry.  A full size Govt. 45 is a little bulky, and in a horizontal rig especially so.
  • mfresamfresa Master
    Thanks guys, just wondered.  There are various opinions out there, and I'm too fat for IWB.
  • vtgrad2003vtgrad2003 Master
    edited June 2022
    What kind of gun is it? I wear a Fobus OWB paddle holster that conceals very well with just a t-shirt because the weapon sits fairly high in the holster, but the concealment is best with something like a 38 snub or 9mm Shield or Shield Plus or a gun that doesn't have a long barrel so it doesn't show below the holster; I haven't tried it with other brands though, outside of S&W, but I'm assuming it's the same for others. The Israeli military supposedly uses this holster as their "everyday" kit (i.e., non combat). The thing I love about the Fobus is not just its concealability, even though its OWB, but like you, my fat gets in the way of taking it on and off, lol. This one is easy to take on and off and since it's a paddle instead of a standard clip, you don't need a strong belt or anything like that.

Fobus Evolution Right Handed Paddle Holster for Walther PPS M2 9mm

• My Fobus paddle holsters are good holsters for my Walter P22’s.
  • I like my Blackhawk Serpa CQC Concealment Holster with the paddle.  The extra retention of the latch gives me a little piece of mind and it is very easy to use if you are use to laying your trigger finger alongside the holster then firearm as you draw.  It almost forces you to develop the safety habit if you don’t have it already.
  • mfresamfresa Master
    @vtgrad2003, thanks I'll check out the Fobus.
  • Londy3Londy3 Master
    We all need to be heard and protect our second amendment!! Please don't be silent! 
    I sent this letter to NC governor Roy Cooper today. If I receive a response, I will post it here. Feel free to copy this and send to your governor too!

Public safety is important don't get me wrong. However, the government has been abusive in using this as a reason to force mandates and other infringements on freedom. This is a slippery slope to say the least. I see the administration trying to do this on guns and our 2nd amendment right to protect ourselves. As you know, automobiles have stricken down people in the streets during parades killing them, airplanes have flown into buildings killing thousands, people getting stabbed to death with kitchen knives and on and on. Don’t you see that all of these situations were from crazy people willing to do crazy things to harm others. The weapon can be anything. The government is hell bent in selling the idea that guns are the problem not the criminals who are using whatever tool they can use to kill. Look at the most regulated states in the USA, they have more crime than those that do not. You can’t regulate a criminal. Criminals do not follow laws only la w-abiding citizens do. Stop attacking the law-abiding citizens!
  • @Londy3;
    Very, very well stated, Brother!
  • Glad you like it; I have a Fobus for my 38 as well as my 9 mm's, they are extremely comfortable and stable for a clip-on holster. The thing to really worry about with them is that over time the tension screw will tend to either tighten or loosen. Once you get it set with the resistance you want on the draw, maybe use a little lock-tight to keep it in place. 
  • Londy3Londy3 Master
    edited August 2022
    Just some new tools I'm looking at... Not for weak wrists 🤣

• I love the 500, but it's one of the few S&W handguns I don't own because there's no place to shoot it unless you have some property somewhere you can go. The 50 caliber rounds aren't allowed at any of the outdoor ranges around here except one, and I'm not paying $485 per year membership fee at the only range that does allow it. Basically, for me, it would only be a $1,400 wall piece. When my wife and I retire, though, I'm buying some land, then I'll get one.
  • Londy3Londy3 Master
    edited August 2022
    @vtgrad2003
    Actually the first one is S&W 460xvr pretty powerful. The .500 is cool and all but highly impractical in my opinion.
  • Impractical, exactly what I want….because not everybody  and their brother has one.  I want a 500 S&W just because.  The 50AE Desert Eagle is pretty cool, I have fired a mag or two through one, but it wasn’t that much more impressive than the .44 Desert Eagle with 300 grain soft-points loaded hot🥵 🙂.  We were just shooting old computer hard drives though.  I’d kinda like to stuff a 50 Beowulf in a handgun.….just because.  I’m not sure anyone makes a handgun chambered for it though.
  • @Londy3
    Damn I'm getting old! I swear that looked like a 500. 
  • @Londy3
    My wrist has seen too many rounds with a pistol over the years (been shooting since I was twelve, 74 now).
    Someone would need to put my wrist in a hard shell cast before I would have a CHANCE  with one of those...😬
  • While I can still shoot my 454 casull, i had it transferred to my son and gave it to him when I went to visit him this year, he camps where there are bears and my days of hunting Alaska are over.
    Besides I still have the 700 Nitro Express if I need big fire power, kidding, I have no reason to temp fate and dislocation of my shoulder nor pay $100+ per round for ammo:)
  • edited August 2022
    If you guys want some entertainment, look on YouTube for the .577 T-Rex especially the ones where the guys are wearing “white dresses?”😂😂😂
  • Awe, come on guys...😁
  • @RockyMountainBriar I just nearly pissed myself laughing after watching that.
  • @Zouave Was that the video or just you getting older! LOL