Home Tobacco Talk
Options

What are you guys smoking right Now?

Comments

• Options
    @Balisong It is a pretty straight forward Virginia.  Not bright and bitey.  I have not had any aged more than a year or two but a buddy said it doesn't age much unlike other straight Virginia's.  However I will say Blackjack is enjoyable fresh.

Love MASH, both TV show and the movie.  Classics

• Options
    Thanks for the comment  @AceFour, sounds like I'm going to enjoy it when I free up a jar on the tobacco bar!

MASH is always an enjoyable watch!

Just finished afternoon chores. The ducks have clean water, the chickens are roaming, and, I'm cooling off with some GH DVC in a Missouri Pride under the oak trees.
  • Options
    @motie2
    Well, worldwide there is a dichotomy in social thought that is recognizable to everyone in every country (all 195 of them probably) for the most part. In fact, I'm working on a research paper right now that investigates the impact income inequality has on economic growth as a function of "individualistic thinking versus collectivist thinking" and "traditionalist societies versus secularist societies". We find that nearly every country in the world recognizes each of these categories within a "pattern of thought"...in the United States we call this simply conservative and liberal, or right and left. MASH certainly had obvious undertones of "the left side of thinking"...it's just simple fact. 
  • Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    Pinko bastards. I’d recommend the bastinado for all the individuals involved. :p

When suddenly….

The web server reported a gateway time-out error.

What happened?

The initial connection between Cloudflare's network and Vanilla timed out. As a result, the web page can not be displayed.

What can I do to resolve this?

Please try again in a few minutes. If the problem persists, you can contact the site owner to let them know you were unable to reach the website.

• Options
    vtgrad2003vtgrad2003 Master
    edited July 2021
    Right now I'm sitting on my front porch in standard NC Piedmont weather...i.e., 140 degree heat with 180% humidity, smoking Carolina Red Flake (latest batch) in a cob drinking a Corona Premier with a lime slice in it! 
  • Options
    Londy3Londy3 Master
    @vtgrad2003
    You're not far from me, I'm here in NC as well.

• Options
    Londy3Londy3 Master
    @pipeman83
    Cool shirt man. Is it for Rossi pipes? Where did you get it? I love Rossi pipes 😁
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Smoking some “Johnny’s Melange” from my leftovers tin in a Peterson Premier System 312.
  • Options
    mfresamfresa Master
    @vtgrad2003, definitely hot down south this summer, even in the Georgia mountains.  Cools off in the evening though.
  • Options
    It usually cools down pretty good here in Billings in the evenings.  It’s still 88F now, which is a far cry from the high of 104F today.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    It generally cools off here too in the evenings, but, where I live which is about 45 miles east of the Blue Ridge (as the crow flies) and only about 25 miles east of the taller hills and plateaus that include Pilot Mountain and the Mount Airy area, and only about 5 miles east of a 4,000 acre warm water Duke Energy lake, we usually get at least some thermal inversion in the evening. This means that it stays particularly sticky at night, even though relatively cool. Even in a drought, people south and east of us will experience humidity levels as low as 50% at night, but ours will stay up around 85%...during a drought! It's okay though, like everywhere, you get used to it. 
  • Options
    @Londy3

NC's a big state (or should I say, it's a long state), whereabouts in it are you? 
  • Options
    @vtgrad2003 say hello to Aunt Bee and Floyd for me . . . beautiful area up there!   I live about as far south in Wake county as you can go.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    @AceFour

Aunt Bee (the person who played the part) actually moved to Siler City in her later years...I'm sure Floyd is dead by now, LOL. My wife and I travel 421 a lot, so I know the area you live in pretty well. By the way, how are the tobacco crops doing down there this year with the drought we just went through? Up here it's hit or miss. We went to the shooting range in Yanceyville last weekend along 158 where there are a ton of tobacco plots, some looked great, some not so good. 
  • Options
    Down here the plants look tall and proud.  Went 70 to New Bern last weekend and corn and tobacco looked good.

I visit Afterburner Cigar Lounge in Lillington off 421 so if you are going to be in the area, let me know and we can meet up.  Nice shop, veteran owned and they sell my blends.
  • Options
    My wife and I travel through Lillington a lot on our way to Wilmington, but we are always towing our travel trailer; I'll keep that in mind though for sure. 
  • Options
    mfresamfresa Master
    Ye Olde Signe in a bent egg.  Not my favorite, but not bad.
  • Options
    Londy3Londy3 Master
    @vtgrad2003, @AceFour
    I'm just south of Raleigh in Clayton, NC.  Would be cool to go shootin and grabbing a beer and pipe after. Interested? 
  • Options
    @AceFour @Londy3
    I'm always up for shooting! My wife and I are Smith & Wesson handgun people...we have roughly 15 (no long guns). BUT, lol, damn you all live so far away...Clayton is about 2 hours from me and I get the hives every time I drive through Raleigh (or Charlotte for that matter)! Let's stay in touch and if I'm down that way (without my Travel Trailer) I'll be sure to let you know...and if you are ever up by me (Stokesdale/Mayodan), let me know. 
  • Options
    mfresamfresa Master
    Had to take a break from the Virginias last night and broke out the Old Toby from Country Squire.  It was like smoking candy!!
  • Options
    @Londy3, I got it at the Columbus pipe show a few years ago, I bought my Rossi Lucca pipes and I got the shirt for free.
  • Options
    Londy3Londy3 Master
    edited July 2021
    @pipeman83
    Cool. I got my money for nothing and my chicks for free. 
  • Options
    Londy3Londy3 Master
    @vtgrad2003, @AceFour
    I don't mind a drive for some good company. I like smith as well