Home Tobacco Talk
Options

What are you guys smoking right Now?

Comments

• Options
    Had some VBC mixed with some Lane Dark Red.
  • Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    My father, of blessed memory, died the same way: Alzheimer's culminating in pneumonia, "The Old Man's Friend."
  • Options
    At 9PM the heat index in Topeka was 101. As much as I love lat bombs, it was just too hot to enjoy my "go to" blends. I dug around my tobacco drawer and found some Dunhill Flake that I cellared about 4 years ago. Wow! What a Fantastic smoke! Time has been good to this flake! 
  • Options
    Tonight I'm enjoying some GLP Quiet Nights in my Peterson 03 before bed. I don't have many Latakia heavy blends in my rotation, but this is a superb one.

• Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    Enjoying (?) the remnants of Barry that came through last night and this morning.

No pipe for me.... :s
  • Options
    As the heat wave, and my medical leave of absence from work continues, I continue to explore milder, cellared blends. This morning was some Mac Baren Navy Flake. Later today will probably be a codger blend like PA, Velvet, SWR or Carter Hall. My Missouri Meerschaum pipes are getting a workout! 
  • Options
    @Kmhartle ~ I wish we were closer to each other. I have a couple of yards to mow today and then I have the rest of the day off. As it turns out I am in possession of half a jar of rehydrated 50+ year old Velvet, and 3/4 of an oz. of rehydrates Prince Albert from 1955. The PA was gifted to me, but the Velvet was a lucky find in an antique store. Both are excellent, but that Velvet is OUT OF THIS WORLD!!! Would love to sit and share it with you.
  • Options
    My order of Lord Nelson, Scotty’s Trout Stream, and Vanilla Royale just came in. Taking a break from staining doors and trying some Trout Stream. I’m loving it!
  • Options
     @OlePops ~ It is a shame we aren't closer. I'd certainly take you up on that offer! That reminds me, I have some older tobacco that I need to rehydrate. Some Prince Albert from 1947 and some Black Pecan from 1944. I also have a tin of Bond Street from 1957 but am reluctant to break that one open. That Velvet sounds heavenly!
  • Options
    buflosabbuflosab Master
    edited July 2019
    Just received some Vanilla Custard, Lane Black Raspberry, and Russ Fiddlesticks.With the Russ blend I failed to do my homework as far as what type of blend I was buying, It was a Latakia type blend, no like. The bright side is I only ordered 1 ounce, so I mixed some VC with it and it helped a bit, further mixing is required. Sorry no offense the members that like Latakia flavored blends. Just not for me.
  • Options
    PS LTF in a Mario Grandi sitting in the air conditioning.
  • Options
    Ron191Ron191 Master
    I stretched out in the porch swing with a Missouri Meerschaum full of Carter Hall. Yep is in the 90s and the humidity is at Tropical level. It was too hot to do anything in a hurry and I just barely sipped on it. I was surprised at how much flavor I got out of this simple blend. 

Tomorrow is payday. Now all I have to do is decide if I want another pouch or a tin.  :)
  • Options
    We had the New Orleans Pipe Club meeting last night and I got to sample some of G.L. Pease Penny Farthing and Drucquers & Sons Inns of Court. I would be Inns of Court before the Penny Farthing. 

The local B&M had just restocked it shelves so they had a number of "new" blends on the shelves. I bought a tin of McConnell's Ripe Honeydew, a straight Virginia I haven't tried before. 

Interestingly, they had multiple 100g tins of Gawith Limited Edition 2013, 2014 & 2015. I don't know where they found these as they have all been out of production for a while. They were also priced higher than I normally would pay for a 100g tin but I had heard good things about them before. I bought a tin of the Limited Edition 2015 and it was dry (as I expected it would be) but it still provided a good smoke. I've already started the rehydration process on it.
  • Options
    Drucquer & Sons: Levant mixture in large Mario Grandi bent dublin

• Options
    Back to my lat blends today. GLP Abingdon and King of Swords. I'm expecting some loot tomorrow, including the new SPC blend Wild Man. I'm looking forward to trying that. 
  • Options
    Ron191Ron191 Master
    Bijou in a large Missouri Meerschaum. 

When I first tried this tobacco we didn't get along. This is the first flake tobacco I've smoked. I rubbed it out and smoked it too hard and fast. This time I packed on the whole flake and sipped it slow. It has required several relights but it has given up some surprising sweetness and the aroma of mixed clover hay that has been drying in the sun. It's a good match to a warm summer evening. 
  • Options
    I smoked some Gawith Hoggarth & Co. “American Peach” in my Pete Sports Dublin.  I refurbished a couple of WDC pipes while I was at it.  I have only one more out of six WDC Milano Hesson Guard’s to complete the store display set I have been working on🙂
  • Options
    Keepin' it simple this morning with some Sutliff Sunset Rum in a Rossi 8320 Rubino. Spent most of yesterday in 100 degree heat mowing and then re-starting Windows 10 on a computer that probably won't live much longer, but "Life get's te'jus, don't it?"  
  • Options
    Enjoyed a few bowls of SPC Wild Man this afternoon. One in a MM Cob and another in a Carey Meerschaum. A very nice crumble cake that does need a bit of drying time to avoid a few relights. I'll be getting more to cellar for sure. 
  • Options
    Ron191Ron191 Master
    Enjoying some Borkum Riff original in a Dr Grabow Grand Duke Billiard. 

The heat has hit its peak. I don't think it hit a hundred but I came close. There were thunderstorms on the area and it has cooled off somewhat. 

The Borkum Riff seems to be working tonight. I'm still picking up that strange piney note. It isn't disagreeable but it isn't what you expect in a pipe tobacco. 
  • Options
    @KA9FFJ Nice pictures! I've been to Strasburg and had a great time there a few years ago. Also spent time by the Rhine in Reginsburg for a wedding. Lovely place.

I've also been dealing with the heatwave, and chose to spend the last few nights indoors instead of enduring the heat in my sweltering garage. It cooled off thanks to a thunderstorm, so I aired out my garage and it feels much cooler now. Enjoying some St. Bruno Flake in my Country Gentleman cob.

• Options
    Having some Municipal Stadium in a Mario Grandi poker.
  • Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    Saw CSN&Y at Municipal Stadium, back in the day..... B)
  • Options
    Samuel Gawith Limited Edition 2015 in a Rinaldo Triade YYY 1.