Did the wind mess with your golf game?
  • Options
    KA9FFJKA9FFJ Master
    edited April 2021
    @RockyMountainBriar
    I don't need wind to mess with my game, my head does that for me...😏
  • Options
    Another’s words.on Molto Dolce:
    ” It’s THE aromatic tobacco. Virtually no nic hit, almost no tobacco flavor, just creamy sugar and honey. Smoke wet, listen to it crackle, sit back and enjoy. Room note is fantastic.”

Including a pinch of a Latakia blend into each bowlful adds a little big-boy spice.....

And yes, it’ll never dry out.....
  • Options
    Did some Boswell Cup Cake. Still hitting on H&H Egg Nog and BP.
  • Options
    @ The sissy blend sounds dam good. Thanks for adding Molto Dolce to the mix.
  • Options
    Just got back from a “meeting” with my siblings.  Mom has dementia and is going downhill quickly.  It’s tough hearing her ask one of my brother-in-law’s his wife’s name (her own daughter).  My two sisters are the youngest of the five of us, so far she has not forgot my name (that I know of).  I think that’s the way it is, older memories are maybe stronger?  I’m eleven years older than my youngest sibling.  My mom just turned 80 March 31st, and at least physically she is in pretty good health.  There are some difficult times ahead, at least health issues aren’t a problem, at least for now🙁
    Smoking some C&D “Strawberry Cavendish” in an old Peterson 02, time for contemplating.
  • Options
    @RockyMountainBriar;
    My heart bleeds for you and your family. I've had a number of friends that have suffered through that terrible disease with loved ones. It is harder on the family than on the one who can't remember. You are correct, in that they recall people and events long ago, but not more recent things. You, your Mom and entire family will be in my prayers. 
  • Options
    @RockyMountainBriar, me too.  I went through it the last 3 years.  Mom passed at 87.
  • Options
    KA9FFJKA9FFJ Master
    edited April 2021
    @RockyMountainBriar
    My mother in law (long since passed), suffered from that terrible desease as well.
    Father in law went to workshops and was told that their memories will go, and the order will be random. Totally dependent on which synapses discontinue firing.
    They might forget their husband of 40 years, but remember an old friend from high school. They can't help it, and he and the family were told not to take it personally.
    It helped us all get through a difficult time as things progressed.
    My prayers are with you and you're family...
  • Options
    @RockyMountainBriar
    From my experience with my Mom, everyone is spot on. You can give her gentle reminders but don't push too hard and try to relive the memories she has with her. If she's not in long term care it might be a good time to check some out with your siblings, you don't want her to take a walk and forget how to get home.
  • Options
    @Balisong
    Actually the long term care was one of the topics discussed, among other things. We have an idea of what is coming because we saw how it progressed with my grandmother (my mom’s mom). She lived until her mid to late 90’s, with nearly the last decade in “memory care”.  My mother was actually a head nurse at St. John’s Nursing Home for nearly 20 years.  That is where we are getting her on an (entrance list/application?), not sure what it is called.  My youngest sister worked with my mom when she was younger as a CNA at that home as well.  She knows the high quality of care given at that facility.  My mom was always worried about ending up with dementia like her mother🙁
    I thank you for you prayers, thoughts, and advice gentlemen.
  • Options
    My parents: Father went with Alzheimers; Mother with breast cancer. One is harder on the family; the other is harder on the patient; both suck. End of life medical care is a voice crying in the wilderness. We are often kinder to animals. 
  • Options
    @RockyMountainBriar;
    I wish I could thank your Mom for her 20 years of service as a nurse. I hope you can get her into St. John’s, sounds like the best possible place for her. Will continue to pray for all of you, my Brother.
  • Options
    Been there, done that, and I do not wish it on anyone else. My Dad was a WW2 POW of just shy of 2 years. When his Alzheimers got to the point where my Mom could not take care of him we placed in in a nursing facility in lieu of the closest VA Home just so my Mom could spend time with him daily. Ironically, soon after we got him settled, my Mom passed away after having daily taken care of him for over 7 years. I was absolutely sad that I never told him as his doctor said he would not understand anyway/ I always felt guilty when a women who had some physical similarities to my Mom walked by, he would smile and hold out his hand. That always broke my heart.

Having been a POW, that was where his mind went. He thought he was back in the Stalag and was not a happy camper having tried to "escape" and took swings at several people. The home he was in was maybe 10 minutes from my office, and they would have to call me on occasion to come in and TRY to calm him down.

This did NOT end well......a horrible, horrible desease. 

My wife has explicit instructions to NEVER place me in a home, but is to let me know 24 hours before that thought would be acted upon, making sure I understand. I will mitigate the problem.
  • Options
    KA9FFJKA9FFJ Master
    edited April 2021
    Getting ready to take some Ashton Rainy Day on a maiden voyage in a @Corey562 (Abb Brown) dinosaur egg.
    I've been requested to give a review on this blend so, for what it's worth, I'll be posting one a little later... 
    Don't expect much; I already know I'm lousy at reviews...
  • Options
    Smoking some Field and Stream in a Hilson Dublin.
  • Options
    Trying some ASHTON Rainy Day again. This time in a Rhodesian meer to see if there's a different outcome. 
    So far I would say it seems a tiny bit milder IMHO.
    So I still would recommended a try...
  • Options
    @ich4759

So, nu, how was it? 
  • Options
    Had a combo of Very Cherry & RLP-6.Also Boswell Cup Cake.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Smoking some St. James Flake, a part of a trade with a fellow TPL member, in the Musico Dublin this evening.
  • Options
    Rattray's Marlin Flake in my Bing's Favorite. I'm really been enjoying this straight Virginia flake.
  • Options
    So far it's pretty great light to medium English blend. It smells like full Cavendish , sweet fruits and honey.  The taste is is robust, with great retro-hale and very mild sweet aftertaste on the tongue. Strength: medium, Room-note: medium and very nice. I recommend!

• Options
    @ich4759

Thank you. I’ve had inconsistent enjoyment of Sillem’s blends.