Home Tobacco Talk
Options

What are you guys smoking right Now?

Comments

• Options
    BB1938 in a Stanwell freehand.
  • Options
    @ocpunk714 -- PLease, good sir, a review of Sutliff Voodoo Queen?

BTW, it appears you have purchased/received more tobacco than St. Peter.........
  • Options
    @Motie2

OK buddy, try this: Yesterday I mixed up a bowl full of Lane Vanilla Black Cavendish and Sutliff Vanilla Custard 50/50. If you recall, we discussed the two blends about a week or so ago recognizing the best qualities of each independently. So I made a mental note to try them together, and it was a very successful marriage.

I could detect the overwhelming vanilla tastes from both blends (kind of a bass note and an alto note if I can use music terms with tastes?) with the buttery/ slightly salty and caramel notes from the Vanilla Custard. Quite nice indeed and with some very complementary comments from others. I always enjoy a very slight "salty" note, for some reason I think it sharpens my taste buds?

When you get a chance, try this little experiment and tell me what you think........

Next I am going to alter that combination to include some Sutliff Spicy Vanilla with the VBC and Vanilla Custard at 33/33/33 and see where that goes. I am not sure how the salty and spicy notes will act together but it is worth a try. Thinking about this I am contemplating what other blends I might consider adding at future@motie2

Happy Smoking

• Options
    Why is this forum adding addresses in the body of texts? I erased about 4 yet another still managed to sneak in?
  • Options
    BentbrierBentbrier Professor
    EMP in my Nording natural freehand.  This pipe came without any stain.  The color is about a year of patina.  It's coloring like a meerschaum.

• Options
    @pwkarch -- My friend: What addresses are you referring to?

Also: In re: VBC 50/50 with VC -- Sounds terrific. Personally, I'm waiting for last night's surprise 6+ inches of snow to go away. Wednesday's temp supposed to be 67 degrees. Go figure. When it warms up a bit, then, I'll try VBC and BP 50/50.

BTW, @ocpunk714 is smoking Suttliff Voodoo Queen (Latakia blend). I've asked him to review it somewhere here.
  • Options
    @motie2

Look at the last word in the last paragraph of my post.....your screen name appears. I had to erase like 3 others when I proof read the post (but obviously missed this one). I don't get it.

I have some Sutliff "Burma Road" jarred which has Latakia. I smoked it once, and put it away. I should try it again but my notes tell me I did not like it. Same thing with Lane BS-005, C&D USS Mason, and Frog Morten Cellar. I did however somewhat enjoy C&D Cross Eyed Cricket. I wish I could learn to like the Latakias. Seems as though I can "tolerate" them when Perique is included, and apparently in some magical proportion of which I have no knowledge.

I will keep my eye out for that review.
  • Options
    ocpunk714ocpunk714 Master
    edited April 2018
    YouTube is being a pain, so the review for Voodoo Queen will be up here soon. While that’s getting worked out, I am smoking on C&D blends. First one is Snug Harbor, which I can say 100% is a thumbs up for me. Last can of C&D I got was Yorktown and was left utterly disappointed. It’s probably just my tastes though since I don’t smoke a lot of straight Virginia blends.

Had a cup of coffee and MM Mizzou with this blend and I feel as if I’m shipping off in my dreamboat from Snug Harbor.

• Options
    @PappyJoe How is the Sea Dog? That one has looked the most tempting out of all the Scoudrels. I’ve thought about purchasing some.
  • Options
    Had some Sutliff Xmas Spice today, this my 3rd time with this particular blend, still trying to get my head around it.
  • Options
    @ocpunk714 - I opened my tin about two or three weeks ago and only have about a half tin left. I haven't written my review yet but I find it a pretty good English blend. It actually is similar to Senior Chief, which is my private blend. Sea Dog has Oriental/Turkish leaf in it and is 20% Latakia. Senior Chief is 25% Latakia and has a little nutty/maple burley and a light touch of perique.

I plan on doing a review on Sea Dog soon. I may wait until I can try some Privateer though.
  • Options
    @buflosab

I really like the "Christmas Spice"....I reviewed it and posted the review on our site. I liked it so much that I cellared two pounds of it.

Based on your post, and remembering how much I liked it, I just took a jar out so as to fill a bowl and smoke some tomorrow.
  • Options

@corey562 I get a lot of compliments on your pipe. Seems to be a big hit with whoever sees it. Even the non-smokers can appreciate the craftsmanship. 

• Options
    Glad I was an inspiration  @pwkarch, as I stated still not sure about this blend,just not getting the spice taste yet. I mixed some Sutliff Pumkin Spice with it and it helped. Maybe it's just me, Just wish it had a bit more kick to it, on the other hand I say that about 70% of the blends I buy. Definitely is a go to however. Thanks for the comment.
  • Options
    Firestorm in my Savinelli 310 KS. Sorry I haven’t posted much, been traveling for the holidays and for work. Tomorrow I get to hit the road again and hopefully find some good finds at the B&Ms I’m going to visit!
  • Options
    Go4BrokeGo4Broke Enthusiast
    GL Pease Montgomery in my Jared Coles bent brandy, which was a gift to myself for finally finishing my taxes.  Safe travels @Jayhawk422 I know the roads were a mess when I left KC yesterday afternoon.

• Options
    Thanks @Go4Broke....do you live in the KC area or were you visiting? The roads have cleared up, hardly took me anytime to get to work this morning .
  • Options
    @Jayhawk422 I'm in Kearney, but working out of town at the moment. I do get back to the office downtown on Fridays and spend the weekends at home with the family.
  • Options
    FM’s Cellar in my Dagner Bent Pot. Got my Royal Buck brother Donny here. Talking about club expansion. He does woodwork and leather, so yeah, cool stuff coming.
  • Options
    @Go4Broke nice to meet someone who is “close” on the area. My office is in the West bottoms but tend to travel through out the area, southern KS and Texas. If you don’t mind me asking who do you work for?
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    @Jayhawk422 just up the hill from you. I'll PM you my contact info and we can grab lunch or a drink one of the rare Friday's when we're both in town!  Don't know of too many places near us with a patio where we can share a bowl, but I'll have to keep an eye out.
  • Options
    OK; how many of you guys and gals steal the ears off your kids Chocolate Easter Bunny?

Bald Headed Teacher in a Churchill's Deluxe.
  • Options
    @Go4Broke I’ll be on the look out
  • Options
    Just finished a bowl of Sutliff Crème Brulee in my Corey Pipe.
  • Options
    PS Natural Dutch Cavendish in a Country Gent.
  • Options
    Gawith Hoggarth Balkan Mixture in an Abb Brown freehand. 
  • Options
    You guys have some sweet pipes......
  • Options
    Mac Baren Scottish Mixture in bent Savinelli Punto Oro.