Comments

• Options
    @PappyJoe
    Looks great 👍. Thanks for sharing the recipe
  • Options
    vtgrad2003vtgrad2003 Master
    edited November 2021
    @RockyMountainBriar
    mmm, fruitcake...I thought I was the only one that likes traditional fruitcake!  All those candied fruits from 350 BC...mmm. My mother would pour dark rum over it and let it sit for a day...she and I were the only ones in our family that would eat it. 

• Options
    @vtgrad2003

Hear, hear!!! Another vote for traditional fruitcake,

And,of course, the rum…….

• Options
    @vtgrad2003, @motie2
    Rum, Bourbon, whatever it takes🙂.  Maybe gin, give it that nice Christmas pine taste and aroma….maybe not🤔
  • Options
    Man do I miss my grandmothers fruitcake. My sister makes one every year. It’s good but it’s not grandma’s. 
  • Options
    Dang, now I want fruitcake.  I guess my made from scratch vanilla pudding will have to do.
  • Options
    The wife made @PappyJoe's Eggnog Cookies tonight with two different chocolate accents! 
  • Options
    I decided to make some Salted Caramel with Bourbon and Pecans Pudding from scratch this evening.  It’s taking all the restraint I have to let the pudding cool in the fridge before I “woof” it down.
  • Options
    We made pizelles, sugar cookies and snowball cookies today 
  • Options
    @Londy3
    No annisette cookies?
  • Options
    @Balisong
    And what was the verdict on the eggnog cookies?

• Options
    @PappyJoe
    This is the second batch! For the first batch we could only find reduced fat Eggnog and they were good. This time we had the good Eggnog and they're excellent! 
  • Options
    @Balisong
    Not this time. But I did make Cream de Cocoa cookies 😋
  • Options
    I paint and draw and refinish furniture. This year I’ve started two reupholstering projects. One I should finish today and the other I will finish next week. 
  • Options
    @RockyMountainBriar
    Wow, and as usual amazing job. Did you fill it or just sand it or how did you do it? 
  • Options
    @Londy3
    Took the Dremmel with a sanding drum to it, then rasp and files, then hand sanded to 150 grit.  My shoulder was killing me, so I didn’t sand any smoother.  I then rubbed my beeswax, mineral oil, carnauba wax mixture into it. Much like my pipes though, it is meant to be used so it is good enough.  It is much more user (me anyway) friendly now.
  • Options
    Yeah, sure, we all know what you're rolling up in them thar papers...we weren't born yesterday you know!  :D
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    I smoked those four “cigarillos” and there was so many big “roaches”…..I mean butt’s, that I decided to stuff them in my Pete Golden Meer and burn’em.  They’re kind of a bitch to keep lit, and the first few draws pulled some cold ash😖.  There is quite a bit of moisture in the butts too.  That sounded nasty😳.  I have a “Flat White” made with the Ethiopian coffee beans I roasted to pair with it.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    I’m thinking about trying to machine a steel replacement similar to this one.  I would buy this one, but they want $75 for it, which is probably a decent price, but I like a challenge, and I am not sure the “ears” on this one are long enough for me to modify..
  • Options
    @RockyMountainBriar;
    Nice work, Brother. Good luck with the machining.
  • Options
    @RockyMountainBriar
    That's really nice. I forgot all about my crossman classic. I will have dig it out and show ya. 
  • Options
    You don't need a BB gun, you'll shoot your eye out!

A Christmas Story Ralphies House in Indiana  A christmas story  Christmas movies Best christmas movies
  • Options
    Better than me