Home Tobacco Talk
Options

What are you guys smoking right Now?

Comments

• Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    @pwkarch

Good to know I am not the only guy who tried eggnog tobacco.
  • Options
    pwkarchpwkarch Master
    It has its' good points, soft and mild. I just have too many jars of stored tobacco from which to select at any given time. I find myself going back to Captain Black "White". I have so many mason jars filled that I have a hard time making a choice. I still also go to Carter Hall. I spoil myself with pipe tobacco and cigars. Hope you are feeling well my friend.
  • Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    Currently I’m smitten with Cult BRM and Blue Danube, two really enjoyable aromatics. 
  • Options
    WhoispraWhoispra Master
    A little nightcap this evening in the Grabow bent bulldog. 
  • Options
    Just thinking of Egg Nog tobacco makes me want to get ahold of some and probably try to eat it straight out of the bag😬.  I have not ordered any for fear it is a Sutliff manufactured blend.
  • Options
    KA9FFJKA9FFJ Master
    edited April 8
    After playing 18 today and spraying my yard for dandelions, I'm doing my Frankenblend in a Frankenpipe...

• Options
    opipemanopipeman Master
    @KA9FFJ;
    Love the color of that pipe.
  • Options
    I had a small portion of a tobacco sample left that I received years ago with an estate pipe I bought from a gentleman in France/Britain/Belgium?  It is labeled “James J. Fox & Co. London-Dublin “Fox’s Aromatic” from 1980.  It was, and is “drier than a popcorn fart”, but you know what…..it’s smoking fine in this Tsuge Roulette.  I picked a small pipe because I didn’t have much tobak left in the baggie…..there is still a little tobacco that didn’t fit in this pipe, packed as tight as I could too, because it was so dry. This Tsuge a roulette is a pretty small pipe, my favorite “U.S. Tob, Co.” tamper is too large in diameter to use. The tobacco is actually a pretty tasty blend.  I wonder what it would have been like when a bit more fresh?
  • Options
    Oh! Oh! Near the bottom of this bowl there is an evil starting to emanate from my Tsuge.  Latakia! 😖
    Where was it in the first 3/4’s of this bowl….doesn’t matter….dump it! dump it now!
  • Options
    KA9FFJKA9FFJ Master
    edited April 9
    Doing some Sutliff Pana Cotta in a restemmed Calabrest. 
    This blend has been jarred for over 3 years and it is now a real pleasure to smoke...

• Options
    edited April 10
    I’m smoking some more of the little baggie sample tobacco I received from across the pond.  This time it’s the”Le Cerf Ardennais” Semois thin cut by Flandria.  This tobak is also dry as a bone, but as per the suggestion on the baggie, I’m smoking it “as is”.  Again, another very tasty smoke, slightly floral, very slight, and a strange tingling sensation.  Damn, I hope it’s not poisoned 😳, oh well, too late now.🙂.  I rolled out my chubbie Pete straight billiard from the 2013 Antique Collection for this evenings smoke.  It’s one of my favorite pipes, along with it’s mate in the 2013 Antique set, the chubbie bent.  Maybe I will trot the bent billiard out sometime in the near future.😉.  I will say, this pipe makes me drool, I think I will have to thin the bit behind the P-Lip button.  It’s a bit thick, it has worked for me to “stop the drool” on other pipes.  TMI….sorry🙂

• Options
    KA9FFJKA9FFJ Master
    Tried to get in 18 today, but it starting a heavy mist on #3. Played 9 and we all decided we'd rather play golf than water polo, so we all went home.
    Consequently I decided to do some Ashton Rainy Day in one of my Frankenpipes...

• Options
    Smoking a bowl of The Untouchables and having a glass of rum. 
  • Options
    Well, since I had the box set out, I might as well smoke the chubby bent Pete 2013 Antique this evening.
    I have loaded 4-5 coins of Arango’s “Peaty Kentucky” in this little guy and the smoke is roll’in.  One of my favorite tobaccos in one of my favorite pipes🙂

• Options
    Sutliff English in one of my clays.
  • Options
    KA9FFJKA9FFJ Master
    Doing some Lane RLP-6 in my mini churchwarden...

• Options
    KA9FFJKA9FFJ Master
    After 18 in gusts up to 40 mph winds 🌬 , I'm doing some Chacom St Claude in a restemmed and reworked Tinder Box pipe...

• Options
    @KA9FFJ;
    I know you are in your garage, but I've always heard that smoking a pipe in a high wind can crack the bowl. I've never talked to anyone that ever had that happen. Is it true or is it just a a wive's tale?
  • Options
    KA9FFJKA9FFJ Master
    @opipeman
    It has never happened to me, but I use a screen when the wind is very strong.
    I can see it happening because an open bowl is continually getting a stoking wind in the bowl causing the bowl to eventually get too hot. 
    Again, never happened to me...

• Options
    @KA9FFJ;
    I have a screen, but have only used it a couple of times. I may select an old junk pipe and see if I can crack the bowl. God knows we have had enough wind so far this year. I'll let you know the results of my experiment. Thanks for the reply.
  • Options
    AceFourAceFour Master
    getting ready for the virtual meetup tonight

• Options
    @opipeman a while back I cracked the bowl on a pipe while I was using the  snowblower. Not the best idea I suppose.  
  • Options
    edited April 13
    I have smoked plenty of briar pipes while shoveling/snow blowing……so far no cracked pipes from it.  I have wondered if it was a wise decision however.

I have two MM’s loaded to go this evening for “Tank Night”.  The tobak of choice is CB “Royal”……loaded double barrel for a quick follow-up🙂.  I may have started the smoke rolling early.  First up, the Carolina Gentleman, to follow, the Dagner Poker.

• Options
    @Zouave1864; @RockyMountainBriar; @KA9FFJ
    I have the theory that if I try this the wind will stop blowing everyday. Either way I win.
  • Options
    @opipeman @KA9FFJ

I don't know about wind cracking a pipe bowl but I do know of a pipe smoker that burned out the back of some of his pipes. Apparently he liked to smoke a pipe while cruising down the interstate on his motorcycle. I heard the story at a pipe shop where his wife and son were trying to sell some of his pipes (that weren't burnt out) after he died. 
  • Options
    KA9FFJKA9FFJ Master
    @PappyJoe
    Yea, here again, never happened to me, but I can see the POSSIBILITY of it happening.
    Constant air flowing into the bowl, to me, could simulate constant puffing.
    But I'm just speculating...
  • Options
    KA9FFJKA9FFJ Master
    edited April 13
    Doing some Sunset Rum in one of my Frankenpipes before leaving for my granddaughters soccer game...

• Options
    jfreedyjfreedy Master
    edited April 13
    Smoking some 4th Gen Twilight in my 1960s BBB Canadian while drinking some French Press Duncan Donuts medium roast.

• Options
    KA9FFJKA9FFJ Master
    edited April 13
    @jfreedy
    Does your shirt mean that you and your pipe were on a "3 hour tour"?
    😏
  • Options

Sitting out enjoying the nice weather with an out of production blend, D&R London Dock in my cutty by RD Powell, who no longer makes pipes. Afternoon drink is a Scotch & Ginger.