Home Tobacco Talk
Options

What are you guys smoking right Now?

Comments

• Options
    KA9FFJKA9FFJ Master
    edited March 20
    No pipe today. The wife had eye surgery on both eyes and I am the caregiver. 
    Between ointments, ice packs and medicine,  I'm having to run a tight ship here. Maybe a bowl by Friday?.?.
    Oh, she's doing as well as can be expected. The doctor said all went well, so I'm happy...

• Options
    Londy3Londy3 Master
    @KA9FFJ
    Good news!! I'll join ya on Friday 
  • Options
    @Londy3;
    Glad she is doing well. She couldn't be in better hands.
  • Options
    Fired up me Comer's I purchased back in the 80's or 90's at an antique mall. I loaded it with my go to blend Shelby Foote Mixture(Not the seven seas blend in the picture). I visited a B&M shop(I think it was called Cigar & Tobac) in Overland Park, KS in the late 90's and bought some some Early Morning Pipe Tobac. They had a very comfortable smoking lounge and I stayed awhile and smoked the Comer's. There were a few regulars smoking pipes/cigars and playing cards. I was sitting in a nice leather chair when one of the regulars asked how I liked my Comer's. It blew me away that he knew the brand from across the room. I had never heard of Comer's before I purchased it. At any rate it is a great smoker and one of my favorite pipes.

• Options
    KA9FFJKA9FFJ Master
    In keeping with MMM, I'm doing some Barbados Plantation in my Santa meer.
    Those pipes in the background are the ones I've made (plus the LOTR pipe not pictured) so far from the batch of stummels given to me by @mapletop.

• Options
    pwkarchpwkarch Master
    Those handmade pipes are gorgeous.....you are quite talented. Beautiful work.
  • Options
    KA9FFJKA9FFJ Master
    Tnx @pwkarch
    That's kind of you...
  • Options
    KA9FFJKA9FFJ Master
    Did 18 this morning,  then some finishing pipe work.
    Now enjoying some Sutliff Dulce de Leche in a CAO Cavalier meer...

• Options
    figgy pudding in my work goblin for break time. 
  • Options
    KA9FFJKA9FFJ Master
    Finished all my yard work. Now it's time to enjoy some Lane RLP-6 in my Rhodesian meer...

• Options
    It is 37 degrees here and raining with a cold wind out of the east at 10-17 mph. Every arthritic joint in my body makes me feel like an 80 year old man. Wait... I am an 80 year old man. Well that being the case, I think I'll grab me Savinelli 127"Cricket" throw on some rain gear, build a fire in the stove of the smoking shed dream of better weather and lost youth. There may just be a touch of the Irish in there. Cheers Brothers.

• Options
    Anthology in an old meerschaum.
  • Options
    KA9FFJKA9FFJ Master
    edited March 24
    McCranie's Cavendish Court I acquired at the LV Pipe Show, in a Sultan meer.
    Thanks to MMM, my meers are getting a good workout...

• Options
    edited March 24
    I keep forgetting about MMM.
    Oh well, I am smoking some C&D  “Espresso” in my Pete PPN 2023 XL5BC this afternoon, paying bills, and preparing to prepare my tax return.  Hopefully it’s a return🤞🏼🙂
    This pipe was another Pete that made me drool like a St. Bernard….until I filed the stem flat at the bit behind the P-Lip.  It seems to have alleviated the problem, the same as the last one I performed this modification on👍🏻.   I’m not sure if it is a placebo effect, but whatever the case, it worked.  I haven’t taken it to the buffer to shine the stem back up….yet.
  • Options
    A little parsons blend in the grabow bulldog on this fine albeit breezy Sunday. 
  • Options
    Nothing new to say.
    Still working my way through Peterson Perfect Plug, SPC Plum Pudding Christmas 2024, Rattray's Tower Bridge and Esoterica Pembroke.
  • Options
    KA9FFJKA9FFJ Master
    edited March 26
    I don't have, nor have I ever tried any of the so called "Middle Earth" blends. That's not to say I wouldn't like to, but simply because it's been a low priority.
    So given that today is JRR Tolkien reading day, I felt the need to fill the bill with a blend that, at least on part, reflected the spirit of of Tolkien. 
    I aslo didn't have any Capstan Medium Navy Cut (JRR preferred blend), so I decided to load up some Stokkebye 24 Nougat. Why? Well as many of you already know, that was the blend supplied to the cast members for the "Middle Earth" movies.
    I'm also using my LOTR pipe I recently finished. It seemed appropriate, even though JRR usually smoked a billiard. 
    Celebrating this day forced me out of MMM, but I'll be back to smoking my meers tomorrow...

• Options
    KA9FFJKA9FFJ Master
    Continuing with MMM, using my Zouave meer to do some Sutliff Barbados Plantation. 

• Options
    edited March 27
    I have another entry for MMM this evening.  I have my big Kirsten “A” body with the meerschaum bowl I made screwed on it. The bowl was made from a meerschaum bowl liner I purchased from Vermont Freehand.  Yes, it’s pressed meer, but it works fine.  The tobacco is some Vauen “Auenland-The Shire”……taaasss-T stuff.  I loaded it with my vintage “Phil-O-Magic” tobacco pouch/pipe loader.  I have found that it packs my pipes perfectly, although, it’s a bit of a pain for a single bowl.  I think it’s teaching me the correct fill pressure?  I think that I probably pack a bowl a bit too tightly on average.  I just recently trotted it out, even though I have had it for several years.  It did not come with directions, and I haven’t found any readable ones online.  I just found another supply on Etsy and purchased two more, in case they wear out or get broken.  I hope they come with directions.  I think the design of the pouch would work very well for a daily carry pouch, it seals pretty tightly.  I forgot how tasty this tobacco is😋, I think I could eat it straight out of the jar😬.
  • Options
    KA9FFJKA9FFJ Master
    Some Tinderbox Honey Maple in a Frankenmeer...

• Options
    KA9FFJKA9FFJ Master
    Grandkids coming tomorrow morning so no pipe until  Friday.
    Decided to do a second bowl with C&D Autumn Evening in my KIKO prince meer...

• Options
    Continuing my half@$$€d  attempt for MMM, I have my Lovat meer loaded with some Gawith, Hoggarth & Co. “Dark Flake Unscented” this evening.

• Options
    KA9FFJKA9FFJ Master
    edited March 28
    I don't see many lovat meers... I like it! Nice tan too.
    👍🏻
  • Options
    KA9FFJKA9FFJ Master
    MMM - Just 2 more days! 
    Pirate's Chest in a Cavalier meer...

• Options
    edited March 30
    Another MMM smoke today.  I frequented “Stogies” downtown yesterday and picked up a 50 gram tin of Rattray’s “Dark Fragrant”…..$21.90😳.  It’s helping to color “The Dragon”, not a ‘clencher’ for weak jaws by the way, and it is a bear to light, one cannot see the bowl with the dragon in the way.  ‘2024’ is another “Year of the Dragon”, since I was born in a “Year of the Dragon” this should be a good year for me right?  So far it’s been sucking for me this year, but maybe the bad is hitting me first so the good, will be really good?  Looking forward to the really good.  My mother’s 83rd  birthday is tomorrow, physically she is in pretty good health, sadly, mentally, not so much.  To better times for all friends.

• Options
    KA9FFJKA9FFJ Master
    edited March 30
    @RockyMountainBriar
    The only way I would attempt to clench that pipe is if I had a net underneath it!😏
    That pipe is a perfect example of functioning art...
    Stunning... simply stunning!
    👍🏻

• Options
    KA9FFJKA9FFJ Master
    As most if you know, I gifted myself a "Santa" pipe and proceeded to put about 7-8 bowls through it during the holidays.
    This will be my 3rd bowl during MMM.
    I therefore have decided to do 2 bowls in it today since family will be coming over tomorrow for Easter and that means no pipe. So today will be the official end of MMM this year for me.
    I don't know if you shared the same experience as I have, but after each bowl with my meers, I am left with a feeling of, "Why don't I smoke these more often?" 
    Anyway, doing some Ashton Guilty Pleasures for my first bowl.
    Oh, pictured is a Zippo case with a newly acquired Zpipe butane insert pipe lighter. 
    Thought I'd give it a try and so far, so good...