Home Tobacco Talk
Options

What are you guys smoking right Now?

Comments

• Options
    KA9FFJKA9FFJ Master
    edited February 15
    Cult Blood Red Moon in one of my Frankenpipes...

• Options
    @motie2
    Yep, done with that one.
  • Options
    I am rolling out another new pipe for its maiden voyage this evening.  I purchased this pipe February 3, 2015.  It is a Peterson “Suir” from the Rivers Collection.  It looks similar to the Shaw, but it has much thicker walls and a smaller diameter chamber.  This one also happens to have been cut for a 9mm filter.  I am using a Savinelli balsa filter rather than a carbon filter.  I think the balsa lets more of the tobacco blends flavors through and still soaks up any moisture.  I swabbed out the bowl with some Everclear before  my smoke.  Gee, I wonder if this pipe was from the era when Peterson “dip stained” pipes?😳.  I still didn’t get it all, but I will push through it.  I have it loaded with some Peterson “Aran Mixture”, from nearly the same time as I purchased the pipe.  I smoked it once way back when and didn’t enjoy it.  It’s sucking this time too, or maybe there is still too much stain in the bowl, or both.  It’s biting me like yesterdays selection….this tobak is going to the the bottom and back of the cellar with the K&K “Wintertime”.
  • Options
    edited February 15
    I couldn’t take the tongue lashing brothers, I dumped that nasty “Aran” tongue ripper and loaded about half a bowl of C&D “Espresso” to finish out breaking in the bottom half of this pipe.  C&D “Espresso”…aaahhhh……tasty, no bite😋👍🏻
  • Options
    After that pipe club picture was taken I aspirated bourbon and went on a pipe hiatus until i recovered from that. Had two bowls Monday evening. The first, a bowl of watch city cigars american cut plug mixture in a country gentleman. This is a mixture that was developed in part by Jiminks. A boutique codger thats a great all day set it and forget it type smoke. It was gifted to me by a pipe brother here on TPL so big thanks to him. The second, a bowl of The Country Squire 50th anniversary blend in my comoy traditions that I restored. I couldn't take it and had to crack the tin. To be honest it smells terrible. Very barnyard just a fermented funk but man the taste is great. Highly recommend for a VaPer and it burns nice and easy. 
  • Options
    Relaxing with some Tinderbox Honey and Maple in a pipe I made...

• Options
    True Confession: i just now realized that I favor burley forward aromatic blends. It only took me since 1964 to figure it out. The realization came during a bowl of Blue Danube (Thank you Secret Santa. I couldn’t have done it without your generosity!) I decided to re-scan all my preferred blends using Tobaccoreviews.com

Looking at the component parts of aromatics I found to be my favorites, burley was the common denominator, whilst Virgina, Virginia forward blends, and VaPers I have enjoyed were never my go-to’s, and only occasional smokes.

i guess this explains why Pipers Pleasure really did it for me, while Boswell’s Best struck me as just a better 1-Q. 

I feel so…. “D’oh!”
  • Options
    Hello Gordon......still fightying the big C here. As soon as it starts getting nice I will be back with my pipes and cigars outside. Once in a while I can go on the porch when it's not too cold or out in the garage. I have a tin of Eric Nording "Hunter Blend- Retriever" up from my cellar (where there are about 20 or more tins never opened just maturing. Once it gets a bit warmer I am going to fill a pipe and get back to smoking. My "cellar" is FILLED with my tobaccos probably about 40 to 50 Ball Jars filled with a bunch of various tobaccos, as well as several large cans never opened of some of the old faithfuls. I think I have a treasure trove here. 
  • Options
    @pwkarch

Good to hear from you. My MRI came back “You’ll die from something else first,” which took a big load off my mind. Cancer,I can deal with; but cancer involving catheters activates what the docs say is PTSD from 2018. In any event, after staying off TPL for a full year I came back to limited participation. Secret Santa replenished my stash, without setting off SWMBO. My SS went overboard. So, I smoke when the outdoors permit, which is not often in winter, or I put the exhaust fan in the window on days she’s out. Cannot wait for spring. The rear deck awaits. Hope your days are worthlivin’ and your nights are tolerable. God bless!
  • Options
    Was able to escape this afternoon for a puff of some LL7 on this nice sunny day

• Options
    @pwkarch; @motie2;
    May you both be blessed with good health, good weather and good Smoking Tobac.
  • Options
    @opipeman

Very gracious of you. Thank you.
  • Options
    Well, it's  snowing here big time. Have about an inch so far and wind up with 2 - 4 before it's over.
    Here's the view from my front porch so far:
  • Options
    So since "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas", I thought I'd do some C&D We Three Kings in my restemmed Calabrest...

• Options
    We got a little snow the last couple of days.  About half of it is melted and it’s supposed to get up in the 50’s in the next few days.  There were some tracks in the snow that looked awful close to my pickup in the company lot when I went to lunch yesterday.🤔
    Awful close.
  • Options
    Ahh hell…..too close….SOB😡🤬🥺🥹😢😭
  • Options
    I’m glad it snowed or I wouldn’t have seen the tracks…..evidence.
    Apparently the Coffee Service we use backed into it with a RAM 1T van as they were leaving.  He claimed he didn’t know he hit my truck, and I guess it could be true.  They ponied up right away and I am in the process scheduling the repair👍🏻.  It’s the first big dent (it has a few minor door dings) since I special ordered it new almost 31 years ago🙁.  They’re never quite the same after  a repaint, although good paint/body shops are doing pretty good these days.
  • Options
    Melting already👍🏻
  • Options
    Happy Friday all!
    Seattle pipe club bourbon barrel aged in the Friday Savinelli

• Options
    Smoking a Tsuge Spider “Robusto” loaded with some Holger Danske “Original Orange” this evening.  I have Soda with Lime to pair.
  • Options
    Couldn’t sleep. Enjooyed a 6am bowl of Balkan Sasieni in a old GBD billiard. 
  • Options
    Finished off an old tin of Torben Dansk Black Velvet. 
    Followed that with a bowl of 7 Seas black.
  • Options
    Doing some Sutliff 245-ZBC in a reworked and restemmed Paronelli. 
    This blend is steamed Dark Fired Kentucky topped with vanilla, cream and caramel.
    As stated in another thread, this is one of those blends that need to sit out on paper towels for at least 24 hrs (I usually do about 2-3 days!) before the goopiness and wetness become less of an issue. 
    But once done, you are rewarded with a very enjoyable, thick smoking and very tasty experience...

• Options
    Smoking one of my Stokkebye 4th Generation Fathers, Friends, and Fire (2019) loaded with some 4th Generation “Night Slices” this evening.  This pipe always smokes wet, I usually have to remove the stem and blow out the moisture 3-4 times during the first half of the bowl. The (2021) sandblast poker I have also smokes wet and requires the stem to be removed and cleared 3-4 times during the first half of the bowl.  I have tried several tobaccos, and all perform the same.  Maybe they have not “found their stride” and require many more break-in bowls?
  • Options
    @RockyMountainBriar
    That pipe...
    I'm in love! If you continue to have a problem with it, I'll take it off your hands. 
    My list buddy, my list!
  • Options
    @RockyMountainBriar;
    @KA9FFJ is right, that is a handsome pipe. Sometimes the pretty one's are the most trouble.
  • Options
    I loaded the F,F&F with some C&D “Espresso”, let’s see if this tobacco works in this pipe.  It works in every other pipe I have used.👍🏻