Home Tobacco Talk
Options

What are you guys smoking right Now?

Comments

• Options
    My wife's an artist too, so she would sympathize.

• Options
    BalisongBalisong Master
    edited April 2022
    @vtgrad2003
    It's 12-2Q and it's not an equation. 
    If the equation was -2(Q-6)=0 then Q=6
  • Options
    vtgrad2003vtgrad2003 Master
    edited April 2022
    LOL, you're right that I didn't distribute the 2 properly, but, I never said it was an equation--I only stated what that expression "equal"(s). Any expression can "equal" it's simplified (aka, combined) form, just as 2+2 = 4. What you did was solve for Q by setting the expression equal to some predetermined number, such as searching for an intercept.
    As I always tell my students, I'm allowed to make mistakes because I don't have to take exams any more 🤣

• Options
    @RockyMountainBriar
    Looks like a cool pipe too. 
  • Options
    @Londy3
    How do you like that clay?
  • Options
    No photo.
    Yesterday was a bowl of Kramer Extra Smooth followed by a bowl of Tinderbox Peach Melba. 
  • Options
    @RockyMountainBriar, @Londy3;
    Cool pipe, cool guy, it all fits together.
  • Options
    @jfreedy
    I actually like it. I will say it takes a little getting used to but it's a nice change. Ya can't bite hard! 
  • Options
    @vtgrad2003 Watched your video, (which by the way is fantastic that you and your colleagues share with humanity) 50 years ago I would have said Bahhhh.
    It's a little funny and a bit more sad when I'm asked how it is that I know what I know by people that I work with, everybody is different, I get that but I can't understand how disinterested the last couple of generations seem to be.
    Kudos to you for being able to withstand the insanity that is now higher education, not an easy job in this era,

• Options
    Tonight's before dinner bowl was C&D Burley Flake #5, a favorite I might add, in a Peterson rusticated 03 system pipe that in my opinion is the ultimate flake pipe.
  • Options
    Thanks for the kudos! There are two of us in the department that have extensive YouTube lecture and tutorial video collections; I have probably somewhere between 230 and 250 lecture videos I've made, and over 200 are for public consumption, the remainder have copyright issues attached to them so they are only for students eyes only.

And you're right, the last couple of generations do seem more disinterested in learning for learning's sake, and far more interested in simply getting the degree and getting out; what's hard to convince them is that the more you learn and the more interested you are in learning, the farther you'll likely go in this world where curiosity tends to be rewarded. Regardless of what you are doing, e.g., four year degree, two year degree, apprenticeships, etc., continued learning and curiosity are the keys to success.

• Options
    Haven't been posting on this thread much lately--just preoccupied with other stuff. Traveling, misc stuff with our travel trailer, advising period as fall registration has started, setting up summer employment paperwork, yard work, and a very sick cat that we will have to put down this Saturday. But I will list what I've been smoking mostly the last few days:
    CRF (without that Perique crap)
    Burley Flake #2
    Opening Night
    Edisto
    Santee
    In two pipes--a Sav Canadian Tortuga, and a Sav Onda 626 bent apple.
  • Options
    @vtgrad2003
    Sorry to hear about your kitty😿
  • Options
    Thanks man. My wife and I don't have kids (although I have a daughter in her 30's from a previous marriage), so our cats are like our kids. She nearly stopped eating about a month ago--she was 16 lbs, but now I don't think she weighs 6. We've been going through canned food like mad just to find something she'll eat a little bit of. We've had tons of pets and as I've said on here before, my wife and I (mostly my wife though) ran a horse breeding operation for years, so we're well versed in dealing with this sort of thing but small animal vets are a joke...they've killed and/or almost killed quite a few of our cats and dogs over the years, all the while taking thousand of dollars from us, so we don't take them to vets anymore except to get rabies shots. (Large animal vets actually know what they are doing most of the time though.)
    But, she's at last completely stopped eating and drinking just yesterday, so we called a vet that does nothing but go to homes and put down sick pets; she'll be here tomorrow around noon. I've already dug the grave and got a head stone for her (in the shape of a kitty no doubt). She was a very sweet kitty, so she'll go to cat heaven for sure.

• Options
    Londy3Londy3 Master
    edited April 2022
    @vtgrad2003
    So sorry to heard about your kitty beast. It's so difficult to lose a pet and worse to have to put them down. Gonna be a tough weekend man. I'm sorry 😞
  • Options
    Thanks for the thoughts. 
    I'm one of those that celebrate life; death is simply the next step. I don't really get too distraught over things like this although I do hate funerals because they're usually so depressing. We gave this cat the best life she probably could have had and in return she gave us a ton of laughs and affection. Life is temporary, that's why people need to celebrate it and enjoy it and not dwell when it finally comes to an end--because it will. 

• Options
    @Londy3;
    Very well said, Brother!