Home General

FDA Fun!

Comments

• FDA sucks. Just sayin'
  • I agree: we should be left to the mercy of all the companies that make things we put in our bodies. 
  • @motie2
    Don't know about anywhere else, but our local Walgreens doesn't seem to be restocking any of their tobacco and related products. Could be a supply problem, or they've already started phasing out those items.
    Anyone else experiencing a similar observation?
  • We need to think about renaming this discussion from FDA Fun to something more appropriate. FDA Power Grab, FDA Freedom Suppressors, FDA Mother State, something like one of those.
  • Yes. Something angry! 
    How about FDA BASTARDS? 
    Or FDA ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE? 
    Something that would look sharp on a t-shirt….
  • I like all the new suggested names. 
  • Freaking Delusional Anal orifices
  • I am reminded of the immortal words: “Good! Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you.” ~ Emperor Palpatine 
  • mapletopmapletop Master
    edited October 2021
    Wow thats funny, which reminds me of a  movie quote from a movie I have not seen, Dumb and Dumber,

Just when I think you couldn’t possibly be any dumber, you go and say something like this…

Way to go Motie2

• motie2motie2 Master
    edited October 2021
    Go back and read the hateful posts.
    So many of y’all are just seething with anger.
    If I posted the things said about the President of the United States,but about President Trump, I’d be accused of disrespect. And worse.

What ever happened to common civility? Mutual respect for differences of opinion? Go back and read my posts.  Sure, I’m judged as a libtard in this environment - even though you know little about me -  so, as a libtard,  I am not entitled to an opinion without being attacked. Not debated — attacked. Watch:

People have the right to think the Covid vaccinations are not for them, just as I have the right to think they are needlessly prolonging this pandemic.

• @motie2 Apparently you have a short memory or you just don't  give a dam as you have been shitting on me since my second week on this forum  and for the first 18 months I took it like a man and said nothing; in fact for a week or two I was going to quit the group because of your ignominious BS, but after considering it a bit I decided  that to do so would be untrue to myself. On top of which, to allow your mean spirited fascist  pontificating  to continue was a non-starter for me. So in short , you made me, or said another way, you reap what  you have sown.
    So now you cry unfair, you are so typical of your ilk. Judt another low information loudmouth. I'm not trying to start a war here but I do reserve the right to defend myself. So do us all a favor and just try being civil to everyone.

I would also like to thank all of you who have defended me these past couple of years, it was truly appreciated. 

• Quick thinking: accuse the other guy of what he’s accusing you of. (I know…. -10 pts for ending with a preposition.)

So many ad hominems; so little time.

But, I was devastated by your use of cutting insults like, “ignominious BS, mean spirited fascist pontificating, and low information loudmouth.”      <sound of soft weeping>
  • Why don't we just post about pipes and tobaccos, after all that is the purpose of the forum!
  • P.S. I stopped visiting my local B&M because of all the extreme views and in fighting and almost left this forum for the same reason. If you wish to pusue political issues with well reasoned arguements I'm in, if you want to name call count me out!
  • motie2motie2 Master
    edited October 2021
    “Can’t we just all get along?”

If y’all can enjoy your vaccine, anti-government, Go Brandon posts, might I be permitted to post my libtard fantasies? Without being called names?

When @papyjoe asked me for a source, I gladly provided one. That’s reasonable discourse. Rude name calling is a horse of a different teacup.
  • vtgrad2003vtgrad2003 Master
    edited October 2021
    @mapletop
    I sympathize. As you have seen, I've experienced exactly the same thing. I also sympathize with @Balisong , unfortunately, he doesn't seem to understand where the vitriol (disguised as sophisticated words and/or expressions and even sometimes in Latin) originates. A man can only take so much before he shoots back or quits--I usually prefer to shoot back although it's not my nature to...it gets tiresome sometimes especially when the attacks are so relentless. 
  • "It's not my nature to......"

But he loves owning the libtard.
  • @vtgrad2003 it is truly difficult to treat with someone who is not self-aware.
    My normal response would be avoidance however on a forum that does present some difficulties. Nothing to do but move on.
  • @ghostsofpompeii;
    You are spot on, of course. Maybe we need to remind each other(myself included) on occasion, by asking the question "what does that have to do with pipes and pipe smoking?" 
  • @ghostsofpompeii @opipeman

Then you should email someone to get rid of the following threads:

1. Political and social debate
    2. Defensive and everyday carry
    3. FDA fun (this thread naturally leads into discussions about gov't control)
    4. Shits and giggles
    5. The world we live in
    6. What books is everyone reading right now
    7. Our furry friends
    etc etc etc

I've seen several posts lately of people that 'only want to get back to talking about pipes and tobacco', which is fine, but certain threads have been politically inflamed since I joined on here months ago--I walked into the most abhorrent treatment from standing members simply because of my position on Covid, so my guess is, it's not really as recent as one might think, although the term "recent" is certainly relative. 

In my humble opinion, if you don't want to look, don't click, but if you want absolutely no discussions outside of tobacco and pipes, someone needs to get the above threads pulled from the forum before that's going to happen. 

• @vtgrad2003

I think @ghostsofpompeii summed up the problem well when he stated that in other forums allowed "personal attacks on individual members, things turned to shit real fast." I doubt that one of your students who brought up an opposing economic view by belittling something about you would remain a student with a passing grade. I don't blame the members for attacking people instead of issues, our last President helped them master the technique. As for limiting the scope of topics, I agree we all choose what to read so that might be extreme. Other social media sites set rules and remove offensive posts and language and in some cases terminate members who violate the rules. Maybe greater involvement by a moderator will make this a more welcome forum.

edited October 2021
    @Balisong

Frankly, this itself "I doubt that one of your students who brought up an opposing economic view by belittling something about you would remain a student with a passing grade." is a personal attack. I never have and never will penalize a student for practicing their right to speak freely, thank you. You obviously consider me to be such a low life that I would do such a thing; I'm glad I now know exactly where you stand.  
    edited October 2021
    By the way, this is the sort of "abhorrent" attacks on me by a couple of members since I joined, that I mentioned in my previous post. And I am certainly not alone on this...others have expressed the same sentiment.
  • Oh, dear. This is all so distressing.