Home Tobacco Talk
Options

What are you guys smoking right Now?

Comments

• Options
    Grandkids yesterday and today = no pipe. MAYBE a late afternoon/evening pipe after I drop them off after 4PM... We'll see...
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    @mapletop
    First, I love the blues.
    Second, Scotch would be disgusting with milk, and most are pretty nasty on their own.
    Third, My take on a Milk Punch:
    1 1/2 oz. Bourbon (that’s not 11-2oz. Bourbons, but that might be ok too😬)
    6 oz. whole milk
    1 tsp. raw honey
    a shake of cinnamon
    a shake, or two of nutmeg
    a pinch of ginger powder
    stir and “nukrawave” until as warm as desired.  Do Not Boil/Scald the milk.
    It could also be prepared on the rocks…no “nukrawave”, just stir.  It’s sort of like a light eggnog or light hot buttered rum.
  • Options
    Grandkids safely back home. Relaxing now with some Lane Butter Rum in a Fulushou...

• Options
    I finally got my Peterson L.E. PPN/CPG I ordered a few months ago yesterday.  It’s smoking great, two bowls in👍🏻  I lucked out and got one with a nice blast too.  It’s #70/90 made.  It is a pipe created by Peterson for Mark Irwin’s blog (petersonpipenotes.org, PPN) followers.  Otherwise known as “Certified Pete Geeks”, CPG’s.  It is a D18 that has been engineered with the full Deluxe Peterson System, which includes, the Sterling Silver ferrule, the inlaid “P” stem logo, the graduated bore P-Lip stem, the moisture sump/well, and the deluxe aluminum tenon extension/condenser.  It bears their recently improved in-house sandblast style and is finished with Peterson’s  “Harp” line stain with a black vulcanite stem.
  • Options
    @RockyMountainBriar I love the surface finish on that! That's outstanding!
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    @Zouave
    Funny, The finish is the one thing that I would change.  I have actually been thinking about taking as much of the stain off with Everclear, then sandblasting it some more to remove as much stain as possible. I think it would have been an awesome, gnarly bare/no finish blast.  If it had the red/black Cumberland stem like the “Harp” series, it would have looked much better with this stain.  To me, now it’s a wierd turd brown😖.  It is smoking very well though👍🏻
  • Options
    KA9FFJKA9FFJ Master
    edited November 2022
    @RockyMountainBriar
    You know my thoughts on modifying pipes. I say go for it...🤗
    Or, another way to put it, if it makes you happy...😁
  • Options
    KA9FFJKA9FFJ Master
    edited November 2022
    Doing some Tinderbox After Dinner in a refinished Mr. Brog #81 Maestro...

Really like this blend. Always have plenty on hand...
  • Options
    @Londy3
    That has some nice ring grain.  Love the shape too.👍🏻
  • Options
    @RockyMountainBriar
    Thanks man
    Yeah this is an interesting pipe. The bowl is bigger/deeper than you think.  It's surprisingly light and easy to clench.  
  • Options
    KA9FFJKA9FFJ Master
    edited November 2022
    Back roller on a pocket door came off. After taking off all the trim on one side, I was then able to get the door out to reinforce the hanging brackets to reattach the rollers.
    On a long break right now with some Lane LL7 in a @Corey562 bent dino egg.
    Four words: I LOVE this pipe!
    Only wish I could take a sharp enough pic to really show off the grain...

• Options
    @KA9FFJ
    When I started looking at this house, the listing said walk-in closet’s and bay window.  Come on, it was built in 1953 and is 750 sq.ft….walk-in closets…..really? LOL.  The jamoke owner had removed/thrown out? the double sliding closet doors….hence making them walk-in, WOW.  The guy was an idiot, that did crap plumbing and crap carpentry too.  The “bay” window was just a plain ol’ picture window.  Obviously, I did not care, but it just amazes me how the listing was embellished…hell, let’s just say it lied.  Like somebody wouldn’t see the difference when the house was shown?  Are people really stupid enough to fall for “buzz words” like that.  I would not describe a closet without doors, a walk-in.  The guy installed the P-Trap in the bathroom sink reversed, not upside down, but the joints were installed so they leaked…..his fix….silicone the hell out of it.  Also, when he repainted he must have dumped the paint down the sinks and did not rinse it down.  A month or so after a I moved in, the bathroom sink drain started to smell real mildewed, stinky.  I pulled the drain plug out and along with it came a gross, mildewed, “paint loogie” over a foot long….eewwww😖.
  • Options
    Doing some Half & Half in a modified Tom Spano...

• Options
    @Zouave
    How's that figgy pudding?
  • Options
    @Londy3 it's one of my favorites. It's very similar to country squire Rivendell but with a touch more cocoa? It's an easy smoke and the room note is outstanding. It's one of those tobaccos that my wife doesn't complain about. It is on the sweet side but it's mellow enough that it isn't cloying or offensive. Hopefully that helps? I always feel like my pallet is too unsophisticated for a good description.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    I have the Pete System Deluxe PPN (D18) loaded with some 10 year old G.L. Pease “Triple Play” Va/per and she’s smoking fine.
  • Options
    Having some Fribourg/Treyer Golden Mixture in a Collector's II from Italy. 😀
  • Options
    @addamsruspipe;
    Another good looking pipe, Brother.
  • Options
    Hey @addamsruspipe
    You look very comfortable smoking your pipe!  Good to see you. 
  • Options
    @Londy3
    Looks like you're having a pretty nice night yourself. 
  • Options
    MacBaren 7 Seas Royal Blend in a Charles Towne Cobbler...

• Options
    I received my couple of tins of G.L. Pease “Bankside” yesterday.  I’m not a fan of Latakia at all, and this has a “hint” as per the description.  I have decided to dip my toe in the water as it were once again.  So far…the tin note has too much Latakia for me already.  Maybe the smoke won’t be as nasty as the tin note?  I hope I don’t ghost this little Pete too badly if the Latakia is nasty.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Ok, the first few puffs are overwhelming….damn Latakia is nasty.🤢.  It’s been a long, long time since I tried to smoke anything with Latakia.  I have some Lane “Crown Achievement”, it’s probably 8 years old now, that I smoked once…once.  I am going to have to dump this crap, it’s polluting my house.  Big mistake smoking this merde de chameau in the house. P.U.!
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Dumped that “Bankside” nastiness, now I’m excising the ghost of Latakia past with some of this tasty C&D 2022 “Ghosts of Christmas Future”.  Man I wish I could get my hands on more of this tasty tobacco.  I wonder if C&D has something similar in their “everyday” offerings?
  • Options
    @RockyMountainBriar
    Sorry Bankside didn't work out for you. But at least you tried.
    I can empathize with you since I am not a fan of Latakia myself. 
    If they would make a blend with one flake of Latakia per 100 flakes of good old Burley/Virginia/Cavendish, I could probably take it...😏