Home General
Options

Shits & Giggles (Jokes)

Comments

• Options
    vtgrad2003vtgrad2003 Master
    edited September 2021
    I've been following this story ever since his son was arrested for his boating "accident", no matter how sad this entire story is, you have to laugh at the fact that this bonehead hired someone to shoot and kill him...AND THE GUY MISSED!!!  :D

https://abc11.com/alex-murdaugh-news-suicide-curtis-smith/11021925/
  • Options
    << you have to laugh at the fact that this bonehead hired someone to shoot and kill him>>

Do you?
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Yes, I do, because I'm a normal human being with a normal sense of humor and not some woke person that doesn't know how to laugh at funny shit! LOL  and of course being like you are, you took what I wrote out of context...the funny part is that the guy MISSED!!! Get it? And I'll laugh again   :D  It's impossible to find good help these days!
  • Options
    <<the funny part is that the guy MISSED>>

Hilarious.

Oh, and judgmental.
    Didn't anyone teach you that ad hominem attacks are rude?

• Options
    edited September 2021
     :D  Whatever man, whatever! The number of times you've attacked me (and others here) are countless...look in the mirror sometimes... 
  • Options

They say we can have gatherings with up to eight people without issues. I don't even know eight people without issues.

I have opened a can of worms. They just sit there, the worms. Hardly the chaos that's been advertised.

Theme parks can snap a crystal-clear picture of you on a roller coaster going 70 mph, but bank cameras can't get a clear shot of a robber standing still.

The fastest land mammal is not a cheetah ... it's a toddler who has just been asked "what's in your mouth?"

Facial recognition software can pick a person out of a crowd but the vending machine at work can't recognize a dollar bill with a bent corner.

Research has shown that laughing for two minutes is just as healthy as a twenty-minute jog. So now I sit in the park and laugh at all the joggers.

Covid-19 Fact: 87% of gym members don't even know their gym is closed.

In the 1980s I fell off my bike and hurt my knee. I'm telling you this now because we didn't have social media then.

• Options

Something to ponder . . .  

Longevity?

1. The inventor of the treadmill died at the age of 54

2. The inventor of gymnastics died at the age of 57

3. The world bodybuilding champion died at the age of 41

4. The best footballer in the world Maradona, died at the age of 60.

5. James Fuller Fixx credited with helping start America's fitness revolution by popularizing the sport of running died of a heart attack while jogging at 52 years of age

BUT . . . 

6. The KFC inventor died at 94.

7. Inventor of Nutella chocolate and nut spread died at the age of 88.

8. Imagine, cigarette maker Winston died at the age of 102.

9. The inventor of opium died at the age of 116 in an earthquake

10. And the Hennessey Liquor inventor died at 98.

How did these doctors come to the conclusion that exercise prolongs life?

The rabbit is always jumping up and down but it lives for only 2 years and the turtle that doesn't exercise at all, lives 400 years.

So, take some rest, chill, stay cool, eat, drink and enjoy your life.

• Options
    @opipeman
    A former boss, then co-worker and ultimately friend jogged at least a mile nearly every morning, ate healthy (fresh home cooked meals, always had a nice garden, never ate fast food), quit smoking some years before I met him when he was about 30, had an athletic, but not muscular build, died at 62 of a heart attack.  My father, didn’t eat well, was not athletic, smoked cigarettes buy the carton, sat on the patio in the backyard watching his vegetable garden grow smoking cigarettes and he died at 62.  The one thing they had in common was a serious penchant for beer, heck, call it what is was…they were both alcoholics.
  • Options
    @RockyMountainBriar;
    Having made it to 77, my experience has been that the majority of friends I have lost smoked cigarettes excessively, drank excessively, were extremely overweight, or had heart disease in their family or all of the above. I don't what the answer to long life is.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    @opipeman
    My answer, and others is, live every day as if it is your last, because it might be😉
  • Options
    Another cheery thought for a Sunday evening…..
  • Options
    @opipeman @RockyMountainBriar
    I agree with Rocky 100%. Enjoy life...it's too short. There is no good answer to longevity except being smart while maximizing your "utility function", as we economists say...and that's the important part, maximizing your utility function. Frankly, some people were born to be fat slobs, others were born to exercise, and others, like me, fall somewhere in the middle and that's where most of us are  :D   
  • Options
    @vtgrad2003
    ?? "utility function" ??
  • Options
    @Balisong
    It’s a purely mathematical concept that says, given your available resource base, a rational economic agent will always use the mix of resources that maximizes their happiness. A rational economic agent is one that uses all available resources MOST efficiently to attain a desired outcome. Of course, everyone’s resource base is different and therefore everyone’s utility function is different, regardless, maximizing your happiness is the optimal outcome 
  • Options
    If you are familiar with calculus, this is simply a constrained optimization problem 
  • Options
    I've done my 2 semesters of calculus and one of differential equations along with Macro and Micro Economics. None of those courses ever suggested happiness as a measurable quantity or rate of change. It was years ago but it sounds like someone superimposed Economics onto the goal of the philosophy of Epicurious. 
  • Options
    @Balisong
    The concept of utility (aka happiness) has been around forever, and economists attempt to measure it all the time. For instance, we get requests from local law firms asking us to forecast a person's lifetime wealth for negligence cases. We try to estimate that if the person had lived or if the person hadn't had a serious injury, not just their lost income, but also their purchasing habits and wealth accumulation--the last two are directly tied to their utility (arguably the former is as well). We try to project what this person would have looked like (financially speaking) all the way up to the population's average age of death. All of this involves the concept of measurable utility--i.e., what purchasing path was the victim on when they had their accident, what were their hobbies and what would those have looked like twenty years later, what sort of financial path were they likely to set their spouse up with, etc.

Economics is a philosophical social science. In fact, the first economist (no, it wasn't Adam Smith) we think was Aristotle (or a student of his) when 'he' wrote a treatise on the Grecian economy and how it would be affected by instituting a regime of private property rights and protection--I believe the book was actually called Economics (in Greek of course). So, you could say, economics is the second oldest social science next to philosophy and this concept of utility has been around since then (although it may have taken on different names over the millennia). 
  • Options
    Very funny post. :)

• Options
    Granted, it's not a "Shit" or a "Giggle"
  • Options
    @vtgrad2003
    Sounds like a task for an Actuary!
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Here's a very serious, well written article about the aftermath of the latest border skirmishes and needed regulations on border patrol agents...its a must read. Fortunately, this method of regulation extends all the way back to King Arthur times, so we are familiar with it's successful implementation. 

https://babylonbee.com/news/orders-border-patrol-to-stop-riding-horses-just-bang-two-empty-halves-of-coconuts-together

In Monty Python and the Holy Grail 1976 the sound of coconuts being  banged together didn39t record very well So the effects team purchased  horses and recorded them walking and trotting The
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    So, there's a thing people do around here with their trucks, it's called the Carolina Squat...it's about the dumbest looking thing I've ever seen. Anyway, they just outlawed it here in North Carolina; if you have ever seen this, here is two hilarious videos about it  :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NezzH2bhtcs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3NaLtvwypc
  • Options
    is it me or does this phone charger look like a Ghost trap from Ghostbusters?
  • Options
    @vtgrad2003;
    That does look dumb. I had a Ford 150 that looked like that once when I hauled off broken concrete from my carport years ago. It was really hard to steer. I really admire the guys haircut.