Home The Lounge
Options

The World We Live In

Comments

• Options
    @vtgrad2003;
    Too each his own! If you got it, enjoy it. 
  • Options
    I agree 100%, life's too short to sit on all your money until your dead. 
  • Options
    @vtgrad2003
    Great photos, I'm a skywatcher too!
  • Options
    vtgrad2003vtgrad2003 Master
    edited January 2022
    Back in the old days, the coach that only scored 4 points would have been the one that got fired

"Connecticut high school suspends basketball coach, apologizes after 92-4 win"

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/school-apologizes-suspends-coach-winning-girls
  • Options
    Loosing and challenges are a part of life, winners adapt, work harder and overcome, losers and proponents of participation awards do not and thus  valuable lessons are lost.
    Equity efforts only lead to mediocrity at best.

• Options
    My town had a proud history of winning in high school sports. All through junior high and the first three years of high school my teammates and I lost more football, basketball games and track meets than we won. By my senior year we had enough. Hard work and determination and the bitter taste of all those defeats left us with a goal of stopping the trend. We were undefeated in football and ranked third in the state in our class. We finished with 256 points scored and only 24 points scored against us. Basketball victories placed us into the semifinals. Our track team won or placed second in every meet including both indoor and outdoor state. Those defeats and wins left us with life lessons I cherish to this very day. I would have never become a Firefighter without those lessons.
    That is me, a 145 lb. halfback. My main talent was I could run the hundred yard dash in 10.4 seconds.

These are our relay teams members. Our mile medley team won the state championship. I'm in the middle. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.
    I've always thought that you learn more when you lose, than when you win. If you don't quit you will become a winner.
  • Options
    vtgrad2003vtgrad2003 Master
    edited January 2022
    @opipeman Very poignant analysis! Also, very true across the board for everything in life. That said, you look a hell of a lot taller in the football picture than you do in the track picture! 🤣
  • Options
    @vtgrad2003;
    I was the shortest guy in my graduating class. I don't think I grew any taller after those pictures. I was 5'7" in 1962. Now I'm 5'6". You lose a lot of things with age. Like age however, height is just a number.
  • Options
    @PappyJoe
    I'm sitting here at the RV place getting some work done to my travel trailer and I just busted out laughing in public!  :D  
  • Options
    @PappyJoe
    Very few libtards at an RV center, in fact, I'm not sure I've ever seen a libtard at an RV center (or RV campground for that matter), too many MAGA people here, their heads would explode within a few minutes of entering!  :D

Honestly, though, there are 3 men here in the waiting area (including me) and we all have sidearms...heads would explode for sure!
  • Options
    If you see a woman like this coming your way, you turn and haul butt! She doesn't mess around!

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/see-it-queen-strips-prince-andrew-of-military-affiliations-and-royal-patronage

Queen Elizabeth II39s Platinum Jubilee Everything to Know
  • Options
    @vtgrad2003;
    Bless her heart. She has her hands full with that bunch of inbred ingrates.
  • Options
    Random thoughts of an old guy

* My tolerance for idiots is extremely low today. I used to have some immunity built up, but obviously there is a new strain out there.

* As I watch this generation try and rewrite our history, one thing I'm sure of ... it will be misspelled and have no punctuation.

* Me: Sobbing my heart out, "I can't see you anymore ... I'm not going to let you hurt me again."
    Trainer: "It was one sit-up".

* Sorry I haven't gotten anything done today. I've been in the Produce Department trying to open this stupid plastic bag.

* Turns out that being a "senior" is mostly just googling how to do stuff.

* Do you ever get up in the morning, look in the mirror and think "That can't be accurate."

* I want to be 14 again and ruin my life differently. I have new ideas.

* Teacher: Give me a sentence which includes the words: defence, defeat, detail.
    Student: When a horse jumps over defence, defeat go first and then detail.

* God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then he made the earth round...and laughed and laughed and laughed.

* I'm on two diets. I wasn't getting enough food on one.

* Apparently RSVPing to a wedding invitation "Maybe next time," isn't the correct response.

* I put my scale in the bathroom corner and that's where the little liar will stay until it apologizes.

* Felt uncomfortable driving into the cemetery. The GPS blurted out "You have reached your final destination."

* My mind is like an internet browser. At least 19 open tabs, 3 of them are frozen and I have no clue where the music is coming from.

* Hard to believe I once had a phone attached to a wall, and when it rang, I picked it up without knowing who was calling, and I'm still alive.
  • Options
    Question: anyone seen Londy on here lately?
  • Options
    @Londy3 pulled out a week or two before @motie2 left and @ghostsofpompeii hasn't been on either.
  • Options
    Dang, I didn’t even see @Londy3 go, I did notice @ghostsofpompeii was nearly MIA, but I thought I had seen @ghostsofpompeii on a few recent posts.  I’m sad to see all three of them bail😢
  • Options
    PappyJoePappyJoe Master
    edited January 2022
    @RockyMountainBriar
    @motie2 felt that he was being bullied. I don't know about @Londy3 or @ghostsofpompeii though. 

@ghostsofpompeii checked into TPL yesterday but I don't think he is posting anything.
  • Options
    I think that all three were put off by the contentious political postings. @motie2 took it personally, I found it distracting and oftentimes childish and almost left but @motie2 and @Londy3 convinced me to stay. Unfortunately I wasn't as successful with them.
  • Options
    @Balisong
    I need to jump in here. I find it odd that you found it "distracting and childish" because when I first got on here, you and motie seemed to be having a great time ganging up on people like Londy with language and innuendos that were certainly quite personal and harsh; that's when I stepped in and started pushing back because it was far too much for me to stand aside and watch you two do that without recourse. So frankly, you can act like the innocent all you want, but what I observed (before even posting my first post) was quite different than you let on. 
  • Options
    @vtgrad2003
    I'll expose incorrect information but don't attack the person presenting it.
  • Options
    In the end, I think democrats are a pain in the ass, you think conservatives are a pain in the ass, which means we are all a pain in the ass!  :D

Now, on to brighter things...here's another climate change cause to wrap our heads around; not only are we all going to die, but we're going to die with KIDNEY STONES!  :D 

https://myfox8.com/news/will-climate-change-lead-to-more-people-having-kidney-stones/
  • Options
    @vtgrad2003 oh man, I had kidney stones a few times, and I felt like I WAS dying. 😂
  • Options
    @vtgrad2003
    You commentedb "you and motie seemed to be having a great time ganging up on people like Londy with language and innuendos that were certainly quite personal and harsh" any examples? I went through this topic and "Political and Social Debate" and I am innocent! 
  • Options
    Yeah, kidney stones are torture, however that article was more  conjecture then a hypothesis.
  • Options
    @mapletop
    You are correct, but even if it is a 'proven' correlation, their findings indicate a whopping 2.2% increase in kidney stones by 2089; let's not all freak out at once over this  :D