Home General
Options

Motie2

Comments

• Options
    Londy3Londy3 Master
    Great to see you here @motie2 for checking in with us. We all have been talking about you and praying for your recovery. God will heal you and I know you already know that.
  • Options
    Gordon, good to see you posting again and hopefully on the mend
  • Options
    Watchmaker61Watchmaker61 Enthusiast
  • Options
    @motie2 — Like many have already said, so glad to hear an update. As one of TPL’s founding fathers you are sorely missed when you’re out. We care about you, Gordon. I’ll keep praying for you each time I offer up my burnt offerings to the Lord!
  • Options
    Continued best wishes to Motie and his medical team.
  • Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    Going to start with a psychoanalyst-type today to try to get my head straight. Still no progress on the two main physical maladies...... so much pain.

And again, in that I live in the People's Republic of New Jersey, I still have to cope with the pain without opioids, while ibuprofen and the like have no affect whatsoever.

The government seems to not have mercy or compassion in its vocabulary, and the doctors are cowed. .
  • Options
    Gordon

Any chance for the "devils' weed"? Or the CBD oils that are said to be an option?

Remember, "physician heal thyself"....the only way to deal with the medical system is to raise holy you know what.......still praying for you, be strong
  • Options
    @motie2 I will exercise restraint and not express the frustration and anger I'm feeling using prophanity as I am at times known to use when pissed off.  I don't understand how you can be expected to live through such pain without effective medication.   I truly feel awful about what you're dealing with and struggle to find words to provide some level of comfort. I guess I'm not the most articulate guy in the world.  Are you home now at least?  Have they offered any sort of strategy to deal with your situation going forward?
  • Options
    ocpunk714ocpunk714 Master
    edited June 2018
    @motie2 our medical system is jacked up friend. They could careless about their patients these days. My mom’s doctor tried to scare her into radiation and chemo for her Triple Negative Breast Cancer. When she wouldn’t do those, the doctor wouldn’t see her anymore. 2 years later, that doc can stick it where the sun don’t shine cause my mom is one tough lady.

She will eventually pass from this illness, but her quality of life has kept her going.
  • Options
    It breaks my heart to see so many people hurt by the people who are supposed to work in the field of healing, yet I understand that frustration. My grandmother passed away two years ago from pancreatic cancer. She was a fighter 'till the very end, and stayed positive despite the death sentence given to her.

But I'll never forget my mom telling me about one experience she had when she was doing chemo. One doctor was trying to give her advice on treatments she could do, when another walked up to him. Within earshot of my grandma, he said "What's the point, she's still going to die anyway?" Absolutely cold hearted. I'm a calm, quiet guy, but that doctor was lucky I wasn't in the room when he said that.
  • Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    With tears running down my face, I thank you all for your outstanding kindnesses. 

I am not getting better, but I am not getting worse, except with regard to climbing stairs, which is becoming increasingly difficult. My urologist undoubtedly saved my life, but left me in a living hell. I'm not looking forward to what remains of my life. Taking care of me is causing my beloved SWMBO her own special pain. For better or for worse has turned out to be a rotten deal. Having urinary blockage, shingles, and sciatica, all at the same time is worse than death, where there is peace and no pain.

Again, God bless you all.
  • Options
    mezzoduomomezzoduomo Apprentice
    @motie2, God bless you, too. You are suffering, and yet your concern for your partner is so evident. Not sure what to say other than I have said a short prayer for you this morning, and in it I wondered if God might illuminate some meaning out of what you are going through. All the best to you...
  • Options
    @motie2

COME ON GORDON, that sounds too much like a defeatist attitude. Never, give up, you don't know what is around the corner. I have no idea what you are going thru specifically, but many of us are going thru somewhat parallel issues.....no one ever said it was an easy life. But life requires all of us to keep on that path that God has chosen for us individually. I pray for you every day as I know others do as well. Offer your pain and discomfort up to God. You are a holy man and know the power that act has in providing grace. 

Look forward to the rest of your life even though you feel as though the rug has been pulled from beneath you.  "The only hard day was yesterday". Great things are probably ahead. And, thank God for your wonderful Wife who is also fighting the same fight as yourself. Do not show her anything other than a positive attitude. You can't let her down. And you cannot let the rest of your family down, nor can you let us, your friends down.

Please stay positive and trust in God. And thank your wife for all of us., we pray for her as well.
  • Options
    Stay strong Gordon, you’ll get through this ‘ you’re strong and loved, I’ keep praying for you.
  • Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    Again, thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

Special thanks to @pwkarch for his words of encouragement.... yes, there are moments I find myself sliding into hopelessness, and his post reminds me to try and stay positive.

Again, God bless you all.
  • Options
    Londy3Londy3 Master
    edited June 2018
    @motie2, what can I say when all had been said? I too pray for you and the horrible pain you are in. The first thing that popped in my mind was Job.  You share some suffering he experienced but he never lost faith. The battle is also in the mind, keep focused on God who has suffered for us all. You will be healed by faith.
  • Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    Bless the two of you -- and all the rest -- for your great kindness and compassion.
  • Options
    Prayers up.......

• Options
    @motie2, I echo all that has been said, can't imagine the hell on earth you are experiencing.
  • Options
    @motie2 Hang in there my friend. Praying for your health. Keep on keeping on. We are all supporting you brother.
  • Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    Thanks for the kind words. 
  • Options
    There's not much I can add, given the wise words others have said here. I will say your ordeal reminds me of all the times that I've read about running a marathon in scripture. This one especially speaks to me when I'm struggling with life:

"And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, 2 fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3 Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart." Hebrews 12:1b-3 (NIV)

You're running through the difficult part of the race @motie2 , but don't lose heart. We're here cheering you on.

• Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    How I miss my usual active participation but my sense of brotherhood with all of you remains strong. May God bless you all.

Special thanks this morning to @thebadgerpiper

I'm feeling a little stronger, but the pain is ongoing, with no real relief in sight.

Clergy coming to visit for first time tomorrow.

Next doctor visit on June 29. I really despise the doctor and his lack of compassion or humanity, but he did save my life and peeing through a tube in my belly (the second surgery.... the first one failed) is way better that the Foley. Pray you never have a Foley catheter put in and taken our four times and then left in for three weeks. Now I'm just in constant pain, but it's not unendurable hell any more. Hence, my limited participation here, 
  • Options
    NEVER EVER GIVE UP.........God is with you and will see you through this. You have an incredible number of folks here praying for you, you must do your part (I know easy for me to say).
  • Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    I'm trying, boss; I'm really trying, but the pain really grinds you down.
  • Options
    I know buddy...I have been there a number of times. Life can often be a bitch for sure, but I figure at least for now it beats the alternative. You need to help teach some of these "youngsters" about piping. And you need to teach ALL of us fortitude and determination. My dear old "Irish Nana" always told me that God helps those who help themselves. I have always when confronted with issues depended on my attitude to beat whatever it is, and to keep an upbeat attitude.

You are obviously loved and admired here......we need you. We are like extended family (the good people in the family).

• Options
    @motie2 This is really heartbreaking and hard to digest. Although we've never actually met I consider you a very good friend and generous soul. Same goes for several others who I correspond with on the forum. We're all Brothers From Another Mother. Hearing how your ongoing health issues and constant struggle with pain has taken its toll on you keeps you in my thoughts and prayers daily. Pipe smoking is a time of contemplation - and each time I sit out in the yard smoking Barbados Plantation or one of the many blends you sent my way I can't help but wonder how you're doing ... and if it's a good day or bad day. And in those moments of solitude I'm sending positive vibes your way - and hopefully you'll start receiving those transmissions and your condition improves and the pain dissipates. Sadly there is little else I can do - but with all the prayers and words of support from this little Community I'd like to think it's helping in some small way.        
  • Options
    Watchmaker61Watchmaker61 Enthusiast
    I heard this years ago. And I do believe it’s true. God doesn’t give us anything we can’t handle!