Home General
Options

Motie2

18910111214»

Comments

• Options
    Gordon
    That is good news......still praying for you. I have not had a smoke in almost three weeks here, I am going to try my best to address that issue this weekend (I hope).

Have a good weekend....
  • Options
    Hope you feel better soon @motie2,at least you don’t need surgery for now, you’re in my prayers.
  • Options
    @motie2, you're still in my prayers too!! 
  • Options
    @motie2 My fingers are crossed... My head is bowed...
  • Options
    God bless you all for your thoughts and prayers.
  • Options
    Good News,, I guess..?????
  • Options
    Postponing another surgery until March at the earliest is OK with me. Costs me two guaze pads a day. But as with any open wound, one worries about infection.
  • Options
    It never ends.....

Now I have a major bacterial infection from months on two different kinds of catheters. Seven days of Levaquin (a generic fluoroquinolone), a powerful antibiotic related to Cipro, (which the government  used against anthrax (and it's also for treatment of plague). The potential side effects are freakishly awful, if they occur..

<<SERIOUS ADVERSE REACTIONS INCLUDING TENDINITIS, TENDON RUPTURE, PERIPHERAL NEUROPATHY, CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM EFFECTS AND EXACERBATION OF MYASTHENIA GRAVIS>>
  • Options
    @motie2

We once sterilized a wound with beer.....not recommended today with all the antibiotic resistant bacteria floating around. One of my buddies shot himself through the hand with, imagine this, a "handgun", so before we could get him to the Navy Hospital, we poured a can of warm beer through the wound. We blamed the wound on a barbed wire fence, but the powder burn was still there....we didn't fool anyone. Thank God the Corpsman on duty was a cool guy, he just laughed at us, telling us he was back just months from Vietnam, and knew gunshot wounds and powder burns when he saw them. We could have gotten into some real trouble.

This is so etched into my mind as the following weekend my friend and I drove from Charleston SC to New Jersey because we had Monday off due to the first moon landing (yes I am old).  My Mom took care of his wound while we were at my home for 2 days.....okay so I ramble.

Gordon, don't read the potential side effects or you will imagine having everyone of them. But you need to take them for your own good. The crap I am on can make everything happen up to and including making my head fall off, but, there is no alternative. You have gotten this far by doing what you needed to do.....just keep going.

And if you are considering pouring beer somewhere, poor it into a nice frosted mug..........

• Options
    @motie2
    Those side effects sound bad😖
  • Options
    Taken two pills out of seven.... Five to go. 

Grateful for the continued concern.
  • Options
    Had a neighbor who would spend who knows how much money on medicines. After reading the side affects, she would put them in her cabinet and never take anything. She never died of all the stuff the doctors said she had. It was a "girls night out" (she was 74), slipped on a step coming out of a restaurant/pub, hit her head and that was it.
    Not much in life makes sense... I'm really not sure why I shared that story... 😕
    Hang in their brother. The law of averages says you're long overdue for an upswing...
  • Options
  • Options
    All we can do is keep plugging away and hope for the day when someone finally says ... "I'll be damned ... you're healed!" And for you I hope that day is very soon.
  • Options
    Back atcha, brother.