Home Tobacco Talk
Options

What are you guys smoking right Now?

Comments

• Options
    @RockyMountainBriar
    That is a beautiful pipe. 

It's like my lighthouse pipe in that it is not made for clinching. 
  • Options
    @addamsruspipe
    I am jealous. I love that pipe and the coloration that it has.
  • Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    First bowl in almost a month.

Blue Danube in my first EA Carey, a straight apple.
    Really taken with this blend.
  • Options
    @PappyJoe
    Yea, I doubt if I could clench that Awesome Lighthouse Meer.
    😉Remember, You can put that pipe on a list for me for “first right of refusal”🙂
  • Options
    I spent a few hours with my Mom and most of my siblings this afternoon.  One of my little sisters lives in Arizona now, kind of a long trip to Montana.  It is my mom’s 83rd birthday, she is physically healthy and was in good spirits.  She received a bunch of Chocolate Easter Bunnies and “Robin Egg” Reece’s.
    I have loaded one of my Meers with some “mystery tobacco” I had stored in a “Snus” tin for portability.  I thought it was RLP-6, but it is too fruity.  Me-thinks it could be W.O. Larsen “Signature”….but I wouldn’t bet on it🙂.

• Options
    KA9FFJKA9FFJ Master
    Match VIP in a Frankenpipe while doing yard work...

• Options
    Smoking some G.L. Pease “Windjammer” in my RMB All-Briar nosewarmer.  I have a bit of coffee infused Luksusova Potato Vodka and Soda Water to pair.  My Meyer’s Dark Rum may have been a better choice, but the coffee vodka is ok too.
  • Options
    KA9FFJKA9FFJ Master
    @RockyMountainBriar
    You better have a fire extinguisher handy in case that close proximity bowl catches your mustache on fire!🙂
  • Options
    KA9FFJKA9FFJ Master
    Taking a break from pipe work with some Sutliff Mark Twain that was gifted to me by a good friend.
    I repaired and refurbished his pipe,  and he gave me a couple of oz. of this blend to try. I'm using a Frankenpipe I reworked from an old stummel.
    Ah, a fine example of bartering, just like the old days...🙂

• Options
    opipemanopipeman Master
  • Options
    edited April 4
    I’m not up for a pipe tonight.  I just got back from a birthday dinner at “The Montana Club Restaurant” with a friend and his family, I’m stuffed, mmm steak😋.  We were celebrating his 60th Birthday…..mine soon to follow….I hope🙂.  We have been friends for 54 years.  I bought him a bottle of Herradura Ultra Anejo Cristalino tequila for the occasion.  He is the one that got me started drinking tequila, Tequila Sunrise Cocktails and Shots.  I have not had a Tequila Sunrise in ‘forever’, and I have never really “shot” liquor of any kind…I actually like the taste of the spirits I drink, “shooting” drinks is a waste for me.  If the alcohol is what you want, just grab a bottle of Everclear and ‘slug’ it.  I am not advocating such behavior however.
         I did receive a new Tsuge Kiseru in the mail from Japan today.  It is kind of a letdown, the shank is not bamboo, just some material/plastic? with painted on “wood grain”.  Bamboo is so dang inexpensive, why it would not be real bamboo is surprising. It’s got to be the labor involved in fitting a natural material?  If I was Tsuge, I would be embarrassed to put my name on it.

• Options
    KA9FFJKA9FFJ Master
    @RockyMountainBriar
    Really sorry to hear of your bad experience with Tsuge.
    Just goes to show that even "reputable" companys produce lemons now and then.
    If they didn't claim one way or another about the fake bamboo, can you take issue with them? Just a thought.
    Again, hate to hear of your disappointment.
    😔
  • Options
    PappyJoePappyJoe Master
    @RockyMountainBriar
    Back in my youthful adult days in the service, I would drink just about anything put in front of me, especially beer. That continued after my retirement until I had back surgery in 2000. 
    With the pain medication I was on post-surgery (and the discovery that I had developed Type II diabetes), I completely stopped alcohol consumption for six months. I had a couple of friends worry about how I would handle not drinking but I did just fine. When I did start drinking again, I decided to give up quantity for quality.  Now I just by spirits that I can sip on and limit myself to one or two drinks a day. No mixers, no beer. 
  • Options
    motie2motie2 Master
  • Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    @jfreedy

Good to hear from an old friend. 
  • Options
    Londy3Londy3 Master
    good to see you @jfreedy
    It's been a long time. I'm no longer on here much but good to see you again

• Options
    KA9FFJKA9FFJ Master
    @jfreedy
    It's been too long brother. Good to hear from you!
    What's the info on the virtual pipe club? My mind doesn't seem to retain things like it used to...🙂
  • Options
    KA9FFJKA9FFJ Master
    Doing some Cellar Reserve in a restemmed and slightly reworked Paronelli. 
    This is an aromatic blend with a twist. It contains the standard Virginias, Burley and Cavendish. Then they add a little Rum to it.
    But here's the twist; they also add a touch of Perique giving it a full bodied smoke with a hint of spice.
    Thoroughly enjoying this blend...

• Options
    opipemanopipeman Master
    @PappyJoe;
    Sounds like a good plan. A man can't give up everything. After supper every night I have a couple of fingers of Teeling Irish Whiskey. I don't drink beer or much of anything else. Been on insulin for several years and watch what I eat(food has never been a big motivator for me). Everything in moderation, whether you want to or not.
  • Options
    opipemanopipeman Master
    @jfreedy;
    Hope to see more of you in the future, Brother.
  • Options
    opipemanopipeman Master
    @KA9FFJ;
    That pipe looks like it would fit the hand quite nicely. Some pipes just have that kind of look.
  • Options
    KA9FFJKA9FFJ Master
    edited April 5
    Taking one of my Frankenpipes on a maiden voyage with some MacBaren 7 Seas Royal blend.
    This pipe is very light and just the right size for that 45 minute smoke. I think it's a gonna be a keeper...

• Options
    jfreedyjfreedy Master
    @KA9FFJ

The Pipe Club zoom info is basically the same. Would love to have you join us sometime!

Type your comment
    To join us, click on
    If necessary…..
    Meeting ID: 566 994 040
    Password: 8675309

• Options
    opipemanopipeman Master
    I dug out me Dr. Grabow "Big Pipe" yesterday. That name is no lie. It is heavy with a thick bowl, but smokes very well. Burned a couple of bowls of Velvet. I was in my smoking shed due to the wind being around 50 mph. the wind was like that for two days. Today it has settled down, maybe I can smoke outside for a change.

• Options
    Brightened up enough to get out and do some yard work. About to load up some Peretti 150th. In MM William.
  • Options
    edited April 7
    Smoking some Grousemoor Plug in a Peterson Kildare 53 this evening.  I started out with the factory aluminum innertube in place, and once again, it has just too small of an airway and was wet and gurgling.  I pulled the innertube and it is smoking great.  I really need to make a new, larger diameter tube for this pipe….or just not use it.  I won’t toss it, I like to keep my pipes as close to original as possible, and innertubes (with decent size airways) really do keep the shank clean and make for a good smoking instrument.  I have some hot Lipton tea with a splash of Gentleman Jack and a bit of sugar to liven it up.  Have I mentioned, my Ember Mug keeps the temperature at perfection for my slow drinking style.  I love these mugs.😉

• Options
    opipemanopipeman Master
    Loaded up some Casey Jones"Last Ride" in a Savinelli Antique Shell 703KS I bought on eBay. I said I wasn't going to buy any more pipes, but Hell... I'm old and sometimes I forget.

• Options
    pwkarchpwkarch Master
    H&H Egg Nog.......so good
  • Options
    KA9FFJKA9FFJ Master
    Relaxing with some McCranie's Plymouth in a Charlestowne MM cob...