Home General
Options

Rankings

1235»

Comments

• Options
    @Wolf41035 We're still working out the kinks on a few items, esp. rankings.

Winners page needs to be updated. The TPL lords collectively decided it was best to get the update out first before announcing winners. Ya know, just in case everything goes to shit.

• Options
    daveinlaxdaveinlax Connoisseur
     Patience, Kemo Sabe, patience.
    A juice box and a gold star on their participation award should help!
    :o 
  • Options
    Oberst Feld Webel? Hooffen Poofin Fire Cracken? Let's get creative, we all can assume a title of choice.
  • Options
    Was that enthusiastic enough?
  • Options
    Every forum has some form of a ranking system. It helps to tell the newbies and trolls from the active contributing members. 
  • Options
    @NicoleSTGLaneLtd  Well I see certain things are coming back but I have lost a lot of points and badges, should I expect them to return as well or are they in badge heaven now?  Like PappyJoe I put a lot of time into this site and tried to help others when I could, I loved this site, it was one place we could talk about a lot of subjects on and off topic and have fun while at the same time being serious teaching and learning.  It is not the actual ranking and badges that bothered me at first I was being sarcastic like PappyJoe but then I started thinking about it and how things were handled, seems like TPL uses our posts and comments a lot on Instagram to recruit new members but gives no mention of where them conversations come from that you use, seem like we put our thoughts on how to better the site yet TPL says they are better improving the site, when I see sites talking more about themselves than their members and taking credit for what their members say and do I wonder if I would want to join a site like that, you would get more interest if you posted these things and gave credit to members, it gives people the feeling that it is a good site with good people and the site cares about their members.  You don't have to use names just say one of our members brought up this topic or our members have had many discussions about this topic and our members help make improvements on our site and without our dedicated members we would not be the site we are today.....you know things like that show you care about your members and other people will want to be a part of that. 

I do like this site but in the future hope things change for the better here.  We need a new ranking system, we need to know why badges have disappeared and if they will all come back, we need to know about the prize drawings, are they gone? Who was last winners, who will or will not get their prizes? You listed 4 winners a while back and said you would be contacting them, as far as I know none of us have been contacted, no one has gotten their prizes and we are not sure if your going to do anymore drawings in the future?  Maybe if you can't give away tobacco (Pipe) related prizes you can do a sticker or patch drawing once a month?  Start over from the beginning and start  a new thing.....I personally like the TPL hat pins, I would say a few members would like them.  I have one, got it at my local lounge I was a member at, that is how I found this page, it was stuck to a card that had the web address and a little about the site.  Anyway long read for you but hope you actually have read it all and took to heart what I said and will talk to the Founders about it, also hope to get my badges and points back.  LOL
  • Options
    Personally while I am "happy" to be titled Professor, honestly what difference does it make? In terms of participation value, I assume I am no less important than the Masters, and certainly no more important than the newest Newcomer. The ranking system is simply based on participation as opposed to any baseline of knowledge or experience. In terms of pure pipe smoking informative value, it could be possible (but unlikely) to be the "Almighty Pipe King" and never have smoked a pipe in your life just by reading, observing, and then posting.

This in my opinion the most informative and entertaining pipe blog here in "pipeland". I hope that we do not create a caste system by default, whether by implication or inference that would defeat the high quality of the information offered and the participation of a great group of people.

I enjoy reading the great comments regarding rank which have to be 99% tongue in cheek, and I hope they continue.