Home General
Options

What are you Drinking while smoking your pipe today?

1606162636466»

Comments

• Options
    PappyJoePappyJoe Master
    Tap tap tap...
    Check One, Check One
    Is this thing on?

I may consider Cinco de Mayo as a farcical made-up holiday created by American advertising and tequila distributors but that doesn't stop me from enjoying tequila.
    Wait! My enjoyment of tequila has absolutely nothing to do with a holiday that isn't widely acknowledged or celebrated in Mexico.

That being said, as it gets warmer - dare I say HOT - in SE Louisiana, I find myself enjoy lighter spirits like tequila and gin. I have found a special liking for a good gin & tonic and that interesting Texas creation caused Ranch Water. Stay away from store bought, pre-made Ranch Water in a can. Instead, buy a good flavored sparkling mineral water (It doesn't have to be Topo-Chico despite what you may hear.) and add a squeeze of lime and the tequila or mezcal of your choice. 

I am trying a new tequila I found - Antaño Valencia Orange. It smells like an orange liqueur, is only 35% Agave and 70-proof. Never mind, it's not really a tequila but a liqueur posing as tequila. That being said, add it to some Mandarin or citrus flavored  sparkling water and you have a refreshing summer cooler.