Home General
Options

Where do you live?? Name your State or where ever.....

124»

Comments

• Options
    @cacooper - Welcome. There is a surprisingly good craft brewery in Utah. Wasatch Brewery does some very nice beers and has two brew pubs - in in Park City and the other is in Sugarhouse SLC, Utah. We are even seeing some of them being sold in Louisiana. I recommend the Polygamy Porter and Devastator Bock. 
  • Options
    CACooperCACooper Enthusiast
    I do admit that the craft beer in UT is surprisingly good. Since everything is limited to 4%, they really concentrate of flavor vs. proof strength. The Wasatch Polygamy Porter is quite tasty, as is their Bobsled Brown Ale. I'm a whiskey guy, and the state liquor stores have a woefully inadequate selection. Prices aren't terrible though. But the beer is not refrigerated. The smoking situation still sucks. Beehive Cigars has moved and has a "private club" now. Membership allows smoking in the lounge. They have a so-so selection of pipes and tobacco, but it's better than nothing. I haven't been able to make it over there since the move, but will soon. Tinder Box in Murray is another stop I have to make, along with Jeanie's downtown, which unfortunately, looks more like a hookah/cig store on their website than a true pipe shop.
  • Options
    One of my sons lived about 45 miles north of Salt Lake for about a year. When we visited up there I stopped at the Air Force base and bought my beer there. It was 5%. What they ship out of state is also 5%. 
  • Options
    Chicago lets just say Chicago and leave it at that.
  • Options
    CerozeroCerozero Newcomer
    Rockwall, Texas
  • Options
    Hot Springs, AR
  • Options
    @Deadpool57, I'm flying into St. Louis tomorrow to pick up a truck. Do you have any recommendations for pipe or cigar shops in the St. Louis area I should check out before I head back to Wisconsin?  
  • Options
    Deadpool57Deadpool57 Apprentice
    @Mjhalbach John's Pipe Shop (Best for Pipe Tobacco) in Clayton, Gran Cru Cigars in Soulard (Near the night bar life, lots of patio smoking all over Soulard), it all depends what part of St. Louis you're in.  If I was you, I would be checking the breweries: 1.) Urban Chestnut, 2.) 4 Hands Brewing Company, 3) Anheiser Busch Brewery Tour, 4) Square One Brewery and Distillery.  If you're looking for good lunch sandwiches: 1) Gioia's Deli, 2.) Legrands Market and Catering. 3.) Even though it's not a sandwich Steve's Hot Dogs is some of the best hot dogs around.   If you need more references, I'll be on TPL until 3 pm today. 
  • Options
    Deadpool57Deadpool57 Apprentice
    I normally smoke at Alcorns, but I have good friends there.  The selection isn't the best but they always have cold beers and good guys to bullshit with.
  • Options
    South Jersey just west of Atlantic City. Born in AC, lived in AC, several local towns, Miami Fl., then back to Jersey. Did 6 years in the USN at which time due to logistics and availability smoked mostly cigs and cigars. I remember getting HavaTampas and Middleton Black or CB cigars and "rubbing them out" to act like pipe tobacco. Once in awhile  we were able to buy pipe tobacco in shops while being almost everywhere in the Navy, Can't say any was memorable because they were foreign made and I had no idea what I bought or smoked. Back in the states of course was different, but then due to time and situation cigs were allowed, pipes and cigars were frowned upon while on duty. So I got to see a lot of the world but I am back within about 5 miles or so from where I was born and raised.

And P.S., I cannot find a decent Tobacco Shop nearby, so I rely almost entirely on computer and delivery.
  • Options
    I live in Pierce County, WA, in the Summit-Waller Community ( a rural separator between the cities of Tacoma and Puyallup).
  • Options
    Currently living outside Lafayette, Louisiana. I've been in the area almost two years. I was born and raised in Mississippi with my favorite time being the 15 years over two stretches I lived in Hattiesburg.
  • Options
    @Deadpool57, Thanks for the info. I ran out of time while I was in St Louis but plan on trying to make it back in the next couple of months.
  • Options
    @Saintbubbles - Welcome from a pipe smoker in Slidell. Do me a favor and stay out of the antique shops in Breaux Bridge. That's where I usually find a good estate pipe or two.
  • Options
    @PappyJoe I haven't had a chance to explore the antique shops in Breaux Bridge yet so your honey hole is safe.....for now.
  • Options
    @saintbubbles - just examine the pipes carefully. Sometimes the put them in the wrong cases or mislabel them. I saw one in a hard meerschaum case but it was a Kaywoodie with a crack in the bowl. Others are just overpriced for the amount of work that would have to be put into them.
  • Options
    Hiker007Hiker007 Enthusiast
  • Options
    Great Falls, MT
  • Options
    SimpleSimple Newcomer
    Philadelphia,PA
  • Options
    Des Moines Iowa is home for me.
  • Options
    Delaware County, PA - About 5-miles outside of West Philadelphia