Home The Lounge
Options

The World We Live In

Comments

• Options
    @PappyJoe
    You are correct.  What you describe is the old "bottled in bond" which also has to be aged four years or more. 
  • Options
    Ok, I'm just going to leave this right here
  • Options
    vtgrad2003vtgrad2003 Master
    edited March 2023
    @Londy3

Whoever posted that code is an idiot--wait, let me clarify, he's a fucking dumbass idiot that shouldn't even be posting stupid comments like his because he's an embarrassment to his family. The code is even titled "Stalking", so it first has to meet the definition of "Stalking" to even apply; for instance, walking by someone and saying they look like an idiot because of what they are wearing, religious or not, obviously wouldn't apply to that code, it's when you repeatedly do it by following that person around for the sole purpose of harassment. With regard to the "hate crime" aspect of it, that's a common code found all over the US as applied to race, this simply extends it to people in religious attire as well, such as Jews wearing yarmulkes (skull caps). So, you can imagine someone constantly following a Jew around and shouting obscenities at them because of the way they are dressed, their religious affiliation, etc., and waiting for them outside their house, outside their job, etc., to do the same thing.  

Stalking per se isn't illegal. I could park in front of your house and follow you to work every day if I want (maybe a private detective is doing that right now), but I'm not allowed to harass you while doing it every day--that would be an invasion of your 'peace'. Most states have extended this concept to 'hate crime' status (which simply means felony in most cases) with regard to race, now Florida has extended it to religion as well.  

The words "aggravated stalking" in the code should be a clue. 

• Options
    @vtgrad2003
    I thought this was pretty extreme.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    @Londy3
    It's not extreme, it's the sputum of a group thinker--whether he's on the left or right. This is the sort of crap that idiots like him blindly latch on to because their group tells them to.
  • Options
    Damn, just outside doing some yardwork...not sure if I can stand these clear skies and high heat  :D 

• Options
    No clear skies, no heat……but at least it’s almost 32F.
  • Options
    @RockyMountainBriar
    Can't Do it.

@vtgrad2003
    Oh yeah baby, I just got my garden and herb beds ready for planting this week. 😎☀️🌄
  • Options
    Londy3Londy3 Master
    edited March 2023
    More proof your government lies and hates you.  Round one from Tucker

https://gab.com/BritainFirst/posts/109981348393757078

• Options
    And here is round two from Tucker
    https://youtu.be/Uo8y8zSr090

Make this one go viral 
  • Options
    @Londy3
    I like Tucker Carlson...smart, intelligent, and doesn't hold back; he also factually supports his theses much better than the rest of the media does. The January sixth jackasses really screwed up by not releasing all this well before he got it. Oh well, shows you how intelligent our politicians are. 
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    I've actually felt this way before at our Mayodan, NC Walmart!  :D
    But then, I also shower every day as well  :D (well, most days anyway...but I do wear pants every time I go there)

Man Self-Conscious About Being Only Person In Walmart Using His Legs

LIFE·Mar 8, 2023 · BabylonBee.com
    Article Image

FRESNO, CA — Local man Rusty Davis became extremely self-conscious today after suddenly realizing he was the only person in all of Walmart walking on legs.

"Oh gosh," said a blushing Mr. Davis as he surveyed the sea of scooters around him. "I feel like such a show-off."

Mr. Davis said the reality of the situation only dawned on him in the dairy aisle after the third straight scooter-bound person asked him to reach a gallon of milk for them. "That's when I looked around and discovered that not another soul in the place was using their legs," said Mr. Davis. "I felt like a mutant, like an X-Man - this freak walking about on two legs, towering over the little scooter brigades. I wanted to run and hide, but the running part would have only made it worse."

With Mr. Davis being the only person in the store able to reach high shelves, a swarm of scooters quickly formed around him and followed him through the store. "I've been waiting for hours on someone with legs," said fellow shopper Dorothy Thatcher. "We got someone who came in with legs about eight this morning - but no pants. I took a pass. My friend Ethel had to bite the bullet, she needed her heart medicine bad."

At publishing time, Mr. Davis had tired after four straight hours of getting items off of high shelves and finally sat down in a scooter.

• Options
    @vtgrad2003
    Damn that’s funny….but it’s not.  I saw a young 10-12 year old fat kid run over and grab a scooter for themself.  They were NOT handicapped in anyway, just freaking lazy.  The adult that was with them…60ish looking was using a cane or walker (I don’t recall) and was having trouble getting around, but he or she…(again I don’t recall) was at least trying to be self motivating…strange shit in Walmart.

I’m don’t exactly have an athletic build (except maybe for an eating contest), but until I was in high school, I was actually athletic.  I can’t imagine how heavy I would be now if I was 150+ pounds and short when I was 10-12 like lots of kids these days.  Too bad they don’t know what is going to happen later in life, if they make it.  I think more would put down the electronics phones/games and get outside.  Part of the problem is, in today’s society, young children are not as safe out on their own like we were…generally.  Bad shit happens everywhere no matter what, there are some sick evil bastards out there.
  • Options
    @RockyMountainBriar

I don't ever see kids in those scooters here, usually just 'legitimately handicapped' older people that look like it would be tough to get around otherwise. Every once in a while I'll see a 30 or 40 year old that's too fat to walk, riding in one, but its not that common. 

I think I see a lot of it when I shop there because I generally do it during the week day...anyone 'retired' is likely to be shopping then because it's less crowded (which is the same reason I shop there at that time). I'm constantly getting things off the shelf for them, that's why I laughed a the post, but I'm certainly cool with that as I'll be like that one day!

Parents around here don't have any issues slapping their kids around, and the handicapped parking spaces are always honored...unlike in Greensboro where all the "entitled" democrats live. So I would imagine that if a kid did that here, their parents would backhand them out of it pretty quick. 

Something that's telling of the cultural and political differences in the Walmart in Mayodan, NC versus the one about 20 miles south just inside the Greensboro city limits is that the Mayodan Walmart has Veteran spaces in the parking lot...the one in Greensboro doesn't. Small things like that say a lot about the differences in beliefs in society. 
  • Options
    I reserve my getting pissed off for the idiots who look like they just left the gym parking in the handicap spots.
  • Options
    Chilly here today...high of only 62, but it's sunny, so there's that. 
  • Options
    12 Best Things About Being A Man
    SPONSORED·Mar 8, 2023 · BabylonBee.com
  • Options
    I've been asking the same question.
    We must get answers! Watch..
    https://youtu.be/HPg9N_HiLMg

• Options

Robert Blake, actor known for "Baretta" and "Lost Highway," dies at 89

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/actor-robert-blake-baretta-lost-highway-dies-at-age-89/

Kiwis Angels Baretta and Fred the cockatoo
  • Options
    @Londy3;
    Both Democrats and Republicans. That is the scary truth gained from Tucker Carlson's investigation. I even voted for some of them.
  • Options
    @opipeman
    Agreed. Both political parties are corrupt and the government overall is evil to the core.  The Bible never mentioned this land specifically and 'm starting to believe maybe the US is the great Satan.  
  • Options
    @Londy3;
    The government may be the great Satan. There are still people in this country that make it the greatest country ever in the history of the world. I pray/believe they are still the majority. Time will tell.
  • Options

@opipeman
    I hope you are right