Home The Lounge

The World We Live In

Comments

• I don't need the corrupt media or the FBI to tell me what is or isn't terrorism especially when I'm watching a video of an incident in front of my very eyes. 
  • Who are we to believe: Tucker Carlson or our own lying eyes?
  • edited November 2021
    @ghostsofpompeii
    I got quarters for the phone. I’m a bit younger😬
  • Londy3Londy3 Master
    edited November 2021
    I'm well aware of that, It's still true. We are taking about pudding brain. 😂😆🤣
  • I don't know if anyone is interested, but Smith and Wesson is down 30% right now...may be a good time to buy in...

• When I received this in email, my first thought was, “WWJD?”

As the former President would often say, “Sad.”

• @vtgrad2003 wonder how S&W is down so much with skyrocketing gun sales. I know there are a lot of fun manufacturers out there but, It's a great brand. 🤔
  • @Londy3 I think in general, gun sales are slowing...everyone that has one, or two, or 16 like I do  :D already has them. Their revenues were below estimates; stock prices reflect future revenues and returns and not current. Smith's earnings call also spoke of focusing on future revenue spreads/diversification, whatever the hell that means (I mean, they already tried that once with their outdoor equipment venture), so I think that likely threw some unpredictability into the mix which usually scares off investors. 
  • Once one has secured an M72 LAW, owning other firearms becomes sorta superfluous.
  • @motie2
    You lucky bastard, how did you get one of those?  I don’t think of a LAW as a firearm, but whatever floats your boat…or sinks it.
  • Yeah, I’ve noticed that. 
  • vtgrad2003vtgrad2003 Master
    edited December 2021
    Two questions for everyone that has been plaguing mankind for centuries.

First, sometimes when I go to this site's front page, I get a popup that teases you about some sort of prize for logging on, has anyone ever won that prize or is the prize simply the privilege of talking to you people!  :D

Second. When the internet made purchasing various blends of pipe tobacco easier, I started hearing this phrase "room note". Now, I know what it means obviously, but how the hell does anyone judge room note? I mean, when I'm smoking a pipe, the last damn thing I smell is room note. And even if I walk out of a room and back in again (my garage in this case), because my nose hairs still have smoke residue on them, I still don't smell any room note. So, what the hell is everyone commenting on...do they send people into the room they just smoked in and ask them to judge "room note"? Because I sure as hell have never smelled it. I've always been intrigued by all these tobacco "reviews" because not only do they always use the same 17 adjectives, but they comment on this nebulous thing called "room note". 

Now I'm going back to cleaning the 37 windows in my house which is an all day freaking job!

• vtgrad2003vtgrad2003 Master
    edited December 2021
    One more post on this thread for today.

My final exams have started, and it amazes me that students aren't able to calculate a simple weighted average of two scores, yet schools nationwide are dumbing down (for lack of a better term) mathematical literacy exams in the name of "equity"! This crap has got to stop! There's a problem when a university student can't take the average of 7 assignments, multiply that by 0.40, and add that to the average of two assignments multiplied by 0.60 !!!! What is this nation coming too!!! Democrats have to stop this woke crap or we're going to end up being the dumbest damn society on this planet !!! I see first hand what's coming out of our high schools, and it ain't pretty!

Okay, now I've vented...I'm going back to cleaning my windows!
  • @vtgrad2003 equations are the devils sentences. 😂
  • @vtgrad2003
    The lack of ability to follow an instruction set is nothing new. I tutored Math, Philosophy and Logic in the 90's and gave up all aspirations of teaching.
  • @Balisong I've been teaching since the 90's as well and I've never seen it this bad...but does that justify making it even worse? I guess in the name of "equity" it does...
  • @Zouave  :D  Sounds like something Garrison Keillor would have said when opening a skit with the "Professional Society of English Majors"! 
  • edited December 2021
    @vtgrad2003
    I get room note smells, and there are some tobacco smells I don’t want in my room.  I guess room note would be the aroma of the smoke emanating from the pipe, vis-a-vis “second hand smoke”.  You can’t smell the aroma of that smoke, especially after it lingers🤔
    I smoked a candela wrapped cigar in my big garage/shop once….once….damn that left the nastiest room note for days…and that was my garage.  Holy hell am I glad I didn’t smoke that sucker in the house.  Actually, I would not smoke any cigar in my house, the “room note” on cigars is brutal.
  • Trying to convince SWMBO that there is merit to Latakia is like trying to baptize a cat.

It’s ALL about the room note…..