Home Tobacco Talk
Options

What are you guys smoking right Now?

Comments

• Options
    My Bride says I too old to shovel and I haven't found anyone to clear the path to me shed, sooo, nothing.
  • Options
    @opipeman It's time for you to get a team of dogs and a sled.😏
    "On King, on you huskies..."

• Options
    Ashton Rainy Day in a restemmed Calabrest ...

• Options
    @opipeman
    Sooooo…..did you ask ye bride to shovel the path to the shed😬

P.S.  Another reason I’m not married 🤔
    I’m thinking that request could probably get a guy hurt 🤕.
  • Options
    @RockyMountainBriar;
    During our 59 years of marriage(This July), Herself has never shoveled snow or mowed a yard. There are somethings I just could never ask of her.
  • Options
    edited January 24
    @opipeman
    Chivalry is not dead!🙂👍🏻
  • Options
    SWMBO critiques my shoveling, and if she is unsatisfied, she goes outside and "fixes" it.
  • Options
    My wife believes that the very existence of shovels is strictly based on hearsay.  Im pretty sure she is under the impression that our driveway magically shovels itself....God bless her.
  • Options
    After I retired, I saw no reason to shovel my driveway unless I absolutely positively had some place to go; which usually is almost nonexistent...😉
  • Options
    KA9FFJKA9FFJ Master
    edited January 24
    I didn't realize it, but I ran out of cigar ash. As you know, it is used as a paste with distilled water to close the gap between the bottom of the bowl and the draft hole of an ill-drilled pipe, which is what I did recently. 
    I usually get a real good supply from a nearby Tinderbox. They have a smoking lounge and I can collect an abundance of cigar ash from them. It is a 30 minute drive and I usually coordinate the trip with my wife when she wants/needs to go shopping at the huge mall in that area.
    Since she had no reason to go, I bought a cigar from my neighbors dad and had my 1st cigar in almost 10 years, collecting all its ash.
    I don't know anything about cigars, but he said it was a very good one.
    I should have taken a pic of it before I started, but didn't think about it. Here's the band that was on it:
     Any thoughts?
  • Options
    Raining here almost all day.
    Decided to try another one of my Frankenpipes with... you guessed it, Ashtons "Rainy Day". 

• Options
    A little late getting started, so I picked a smaller pipe for this evenings enjoyment.  I have some Panama Jack “Melon” loaded in a Pete 303.
  • Options
    We only had nine members show up for our monthly pipe club meeting because of the bad weather. It was still a good night of smoking and talking about pipes, tobacco, food, getting drunk and religion. Three of the younger guys are seminary students so it was allowed.

I got to the pipe shop two hours before the meeting which gave me time to enjoy a few more pipes than I usually smoke during the day. I had some 7 Seas Black, The Untouchables, Rattray's Tower Bridge, DTM Christmas Tobacco and Esoterica Pembroke. 

I'll post a photo of what I found for sale at the store in a different discussion. 
  • Options
    @RockyMountainBriar;
    Chivalry has nothing to do with it. It's my job.
    @Zouave1864;
    My wife feels the same way about shoveling. Amazingly, if I even hint that I might try to clear a path to my shed(given my current physical state) she goes nucular. God bless both their hearts.
    @KA9FFJ;
    The last time I smoked a cigar was about two summers ago. I needed some ash for the same reason. It was a Arturo Fuente Madero 242 that I had in a small humidor for several years. I got so dizzy I had to stop smoking it.
    @PappyJoe;
    7 Seas Black is a fine tobac. I still have a tin in me stash.

• Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    edited January 26
    Great Outdoors (Field and Stream “impression”) in a EA Carey large billiard. Interesting top note I cannot place. Tobaccoreviews.com has it being anisette. I dunno. But I like it.
  • Options
    Doing some Sutliff Honey and Chocolate in Frankenpipe. This blend is not bad once it's dried out a little. The honey, not so much, but definitely chocolate...

• Options
    Smoking some Panama Jack “Pina Colada” in a Musico Dublin.
  • Options
    Last of the Billy Budd from 2011 in a Charles Towne Cobbler, I have really enjoyed this bend, It's been a good ride for Ole Billy and me, I got a fresher version laid back in the cellar, and I'm sure it will be just as good.
  • Options
    Well Brothers, The daytime temperatures have been in the mid 30's for a week or so. The future forecast is more of the same, plus it has been raining on and off. The result is a huge amount of snow has melted. A couple more days and I'll be able to get to my smoking shed without shoveling. The next problem will be, which pipe and what tobac to smoke once I'm there? Life has so many problems and hurdles to overcome. 
  • Options
    @opipeman
    No problem brother. 
    Take a duffle bag and dump a bunch of your pipes and blends in it. 
    Saves you from walking back and forth after changing your mind, or for back to back smokes...🙂
  • Options
    edited January 27
    I rubbed out/crumbled a portion of my “test” plug tobacco and loaded it into my little “Lovelin” reverse calabash.  My blend experiment, might as well use one of my own handmade pipes right?🙂.
    The initial light was not as sweet as I expected and a bit rough, but after it got going, it smoothed out and became sweeter, more like what I expected.  I think the initial light burned off the little bit of alcohol from the bourbon I added for a binder.  It’s all sweet tobacco, there is just a touch of spice and dank/mustiness from the Perique.  I taste a slight floral note from the oriental, but, sadly, the dark fired is not coming through…at least not half way through the bowl anyway.  The CRF is still the main performer in the symphony.  For my tastes, this is better than the straight CRF, however, I wish the Dark Fired was a bit more forward in the composition.   Maybe I will adulterate another tin of CRF or just use some C&D “Red Virginia Ribbon” or “Red Virginia Cavendish” and add a bit more Dark Fired to the mix.  I think I have the Perique and oriental amounts about right.  A two week press might suffice, I do not believe that the full month of pressing was needed🤔
  • Options
    @RockyMountainBriar
    Very interesting... tnx...
  • Options
    Doing a John Dengler Tobacconist (local B&M) blend called Cameron's Blend.
    Basically Virginias and black cavendish with just a HINT of vanilla. No goop, no wetness, just a good basic light aro blend.
    I'm using my Savinelli 9310 to enjoy it...

• Options
    edited January 27
    Well, I’m kinda bummed out….I just saw this crack developing in the shank of my little “Lovlin” reverse calabash😢.  So far, it is not through to the inside…I guess I’ll keep smoking it and see what happens?  If it continues, I guess I will have to flow some cyanoacrylic into the crack.  Strange place for a crack to appear.  Boo Hoo🥹

P.S.  The Perique is getting kinda spicy towards the bottom if the bowl, still no Dark Fired.

• Options
    @KA9FFJ
    I like the non-traditional pipe like that blue one.  Kinda cool
  • Options
    @RockyMountainBriar;
    You can repair it, as good as new, Brother.
  • Options
    What are we smoking right now?
    EVERYTHING

The NC pipe club
  • Options
    @Londy3;
    The ultimate pipe smokers dream! Smoke what you want. Smoke where you want. Smoke with whom you want.
  • Options
    Some of those guys look familiar😉