Home Tobacco Talk
Options

What are you guys smoking right Now?

Comments

• Options
    I have loaded my Rattray’s Chubby Jackey with some W.O. Larsen “Signature” for this evenings smoke.
  • Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    Tapioca beats rice pudding.
    Just opining.
  • Options
    @motie2
    I love tapioca too👍🏻….and would say it edges out the rice pudding as well.
  • Options
    Going for some W.O. Larsen “1864” in my Falcon with the meer bowl this evening after a dinner of buttered spaghetti.
  • Options
    My one semi-obtainable resolution is to dig into my cellar once a month and open a tin that I bought more than 4 years ago. 

I am currently smoking Rattray’s Tower Bridge that I bought in early 2020.  It’s a nice aromatic with citrus, rum, and vanilla. This is my third bowl and it easy to smoke and hasn’t bit me yet. 

I can’t think of a Rattray’s blend I didn’t like so I’m trying to figure out why I haven’t smoked this before. 
  • Options
    @PappyJoe
    Sooo many tobaccos, so little time.
  • Options
    I loaded my after dinner pipe, a Musico with some C&D “Espresso”.  I have a Hot Buttered Bourbon staying perfectly warm in my Ember mug to pair.
  • Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    @AceFour

Getting ready to breakdown a cake of Red Queen V you gifted me a couple of years ago. Thank you again, Sir!
  • Options
    Good Morning! 
    Starting off with GLP Westminster in an MM Boone along with a cup of Ethiopian Yirgacheffe coffee. A decent day to prepare for the incoming storm.
  • Options
    Good Morning Gents…..oh, never mind…..Good Afternoon😬.
    I’m contemplating the choice of tobak and pipe for my smoke.
    I just finished my scrambled eggs and I am working on an Ethiopian Yirgacheffe coffee with a little added something, something.  Hey, I still have a cough.  I will say, the libation I added to my coffee really sucks, it ruined my coffee😖. I was gifted a partial bottle after my brothers annual Christmas shindig…because nobody could stand the stuff…I don’t throw anything out, but I am considering pouring this abomination down the toilet.  So, I’ll let you guys in on a secret, do not buy a bottle of Jamison Cold Brew liquor, if it was a nickel a fifth, it would still be a waste of money.  Hey, I’m just here to help🤔
    Out of curiosity, does anyone have any experience with this abomination to the craft of making liquor and what are your impressions….if you have actually drunk any?  
  • Options
    @Londy3
    What happened to the board, hot rock, New Years Day…....the suspense is killing me
  • Options
    @RockyMountainBriar sorry, haven't tried it. I'm a Tullamore dew man myself. Ending night here with westminster in a cob.
  • Options
    Sitting outside yesterday afternoon. Thermometer said it was 55f but sunny so it felt one or two degrees warmer.
    Sipping on some Oxbow Estate Barrel Proof Rum (95 Proof) with a splash of Allspice Dram - makes a spiced rum better than anything you can buy and with a higher proof.\
    Pipe 1 was my D.R. Ardor Venere loaded with The Untouchables. Pipe 2 was my Peterson Sherlock Holmes loaded with SPC Plum Pudding Christmas 2023.

• Options
    KA9FFJKA9FFJ Master
    @PappyJoe
    Nice lid.
    Not to mention the pipes...🙂
  • Options
    edited January 7
    First pipe today is a special pipe loaded with a special tobacco.  The pipe, a Yorkshire Supreme Lovat gifted to me by a generous TPL brother.  The tobacco, one more bowl gone from my single tin of McClelland’s “Beacon”.  I really wish I had procured more of this tobacco, it was one of the first tobaccos I tried back when I started my pipe and tobacco journey, and by the time I realized what I had, it was gone.  I never expected a tobacco this good to be discontinued, let alone the entire McClelland’s company closing for good.  I also missed out on their variety of oriental/turkish tobaccos😖.  I didn’t have the T.A.D. funds when they went on sale, then they were gone😢
  • Options
    KA9FFJKA9FFJ Master
    edited January 7
    Doing some Chacom St. Claude in my newly acquired COMOY "The French Pipe"...

• Options
    Earlier I enjoyed GLP Abingdon in a Rob Roy while chatting with a friend that I met in the 70's. His wife is Filipino and they're just about ready to retire in the Philippines. Next pipe will be GLP Kensington in a Pride as soon as the tobacco dries out a bit.
  • Options
    @RockyMountainBriar;
    The McClelland’s company closing is a sad thing indeed. I still have a tin or two squirreled away, and now I'm afraid to smoke them, knowing I might not be able to restock.

• Options
    edited January 8
    @opipeman
    Eh, you only live once, smoke’em now🙂
    I see there is a tin of Beacon, “A” tin, at 4-Noggins for sale, I think the price was $185…that’s US….for one tin😳. It’s good, but not that good.  At that price, inflation or no, I’d smoke “bufflor shit” first.
  • Options
    @RockyMountainBriar;
    Maybe I should hang on to them as an investment. When the price goes up, maybe I could built a garage?
  • Options
    Been a real busy holiday season. I hope all my TPL brothers stayed relatively healthy and enjoyed their Christmas and New Years holidays. I smoked some Kajun Kake, Figgy Pudding, and Red Queen over the break. Also ordered a little something on January 3rd that should be at home waiting on me. Pictures to come. A question to you all. Is there enough new members to warrant someone starting and posting in a "beginners" forum. Something akin to a blog post for someone just slightly ahead of someone brand new? I've fancied the idea of putting my musings up somewhere in like a blog post but for most of the TPL brothers here you know way more than i ever will. 
  • Options
    KA9FFJKA9FFJ Master
    @Whoispra
    Anyone here who feels like they know it all, might as well die... 😏
    I would rather have a person tell me things I already know, with a good chance of learning something new along the way, than have a person stay silent. 
    So blog on brother, blog on...

• Options
    Having an appetizer smoke of GLP Abingdon in a Rob Roy along with coffee. 
  • Options
    KA9FFJKA9FFJ Master
    Enjoying some LL-7 in a @Corey562 artisan pipe...

• Options
    @Whoispra;
    I agree with @KA9FFJ. I've learned a few things from what you have shared since you signed on. Sometimes fresh eyes and thoughts can teach am old dog...as they say.
  • Options
    KA9FFJKA9FFJ Master
    edited January 9
    This Saturday through Wednesday next week, it will not get above freezing, with a low on Monday of minus 4°!
    So I'll be trying to get a few more bowls than normal between now and then.
    Had this Camelot stummel I bought at last year's STL pipe show for 2 bucks. Turned a stem and it has become a very good smoker. Using it to do some BCA...