Home General
Options

Political & Social Debate

Comments

• Options
    @vtgrad2003 Can you clarify, are you talking about candidates Trump simply endorsed or ones that Trump endorsed and that the democrats spent money towards?

Even if it’s the second, how much money did the Republican Party spend on them to finance their races? I’m not buying that he’s got the toxic touch, because no matter who runs with an R next to their name, they’re going to be called a Trumpist, even if they hold the most mild of Republican views. And when you nominate milquetoast republicans, you only make everyone angry and disenfranchised.  
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    @thebadgerpiper
    I have to agree with @vtgrad2003 on Trump.  There are people that simply hate him no mater what he accomplished in the White House.  It was similar for me with with that Oz guy.  I didn’t and don’t know his policies or where he stands, but I would have had a hard time  voting for him had he been a choice for me.  I just knew he was some schmo on TV with a stupid last name (come on, it sounds fake).  Who can trust someone not using their real name (or at least perceived as fake by myself and who knows how many others).  Even people like me that were ok with Trump don’t really want to see him run again.  He’s just too divisive for the “in-betweens”.  And, he is too old, he might become Trumpy Grump without a nap like sleepy Joe, four years (that’s after the next two) is a long time in dementia/senile time.  That stuff happens quicker than you might imagine (not knowing if you have had family/friends that have had to deal with it?).
  • Options
    Sorry, I respectfully disagree. None of what has gone on has dissuaded me from him having my support. Anyone they put as the nominee will be cast in the same light, and have the same fervor against them. 
  • Options
    vtgrad2003vtgrad2003 Master
    edited November 2022
    Good question.
    To my knowledge, these were candidates that were openly "election deniers" as the dems call them. So, by definition, they were Trump supporters, but it was the 'election denier' label the democrats wanted to campaign against. If I'm not mistaken, Trump endorsed all of them in the primaries (I'm not sure whether he did in the general or not, but I'm sure he did some if not all of them). 

• Options
    edited November 2022
    Welp, that does it for me, we need to win elections...we had a great opportunity and we chucked it out the window; now, mark my words, Trump will do his best to sabotage the presidential election--he's already started that by calling Youngkin and DeSantis petty names and for that he'll lose support from both conservatives and independents. Because of that he'll throw one of his childish temper tantrums as usual, torpedoing any chance we have moving forward. We'll lose the next cycle as well and most likely the next presidential election because of it. I wish he would just keep his damn mouth shut and move out of the way. He did a great thing by laying the policy groundwork for the future, now he just needs to stand down and let others carry that torch.

Dems to keep control of Senate in 2023 as Sen. Cortez Masto declared winner in Nevada

• Options
    edited November 2022
    Yea, sit down and shut up Trump, you lost, get over it.  Damn mail in ballots, lazy ass schmos didn’t have to get off the couch and out of their jammie’s to vote.   Just the type vote to get more free stuff for themselves.  Don’t ya know, money grows on trees, at least that is where this is headed.  Hell, I’m thinking about just not working anymore and let the government pay me to sit on my ass.  If you don’t even have the responsibility to feed, house and cloth yourself…what the heck.  Pretty soon though, nobody will be working, then where does your food, clothes and warm house come from?  
    As the saying goes, “A government powerful enough to give you everything you need also has the power to take away everything you have”.  And I’ll add…give it to someone else.
  • Options
    @Zouave;
    I'm I the only one that this scares the crap out of?
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Getting old sucks! LOL I forget shit more often now too! But as long as I still remember to wipe my ass, I'm good :D

• Options
    @Zouave
    Really funny. That old bastard is a complete dumbass too
  • Options
    Ain't this the truth!

Americans Fondly Remember A Time When We Finished One Election Before Starting Another

Politics · Nov 16, 2022 · BabylonBee.com
    Article Image

U.S. — Following Donald Trump's Tuesday announcement of his 2024 campaign, many Americans are remembering a time when we finished one election before starting another. The Georgia Senate race is in a runoff, and fourteen House races have yet to be called.

"We haven't even finished the midterms yet," said Amy Stallings, a teacher and mother of three. "I tell my kids to finish their dinner before they start their dessert, and here we're starting a whole new election? Can we please just have a break for a couple of days at least?"

"I don't remember elections ever taking this long," said Johann Stevenson, a Florida gator trapper. "There was that time in 2000, but that was pretty much unprecedented. Now it's every year."

Experts praised the new trend of never-ending elections as a positive since Americans have been shown to get restless again within 2 days of an election ending.

"This is completely normal," said Harvard History Chair Edith Warburton. "It always takes a while to find the election results that we want. And we have to remember, we are in a COVID emergency."

As votes are still being counted, Americans are looking forward to the 2024 election as well as the 2026 election, which will begin in 2023.

• Options

Poll Reveals Conservatives Blame GOP ‘McLeadership’, Not Donald Trump, for Mid Term Disappointment.

https://thenationalpulse.com/2022/11/21/poll-reveals-conservatives-blame-gop-mcleadership-not-donald-trump-for-mid-term-disappointment/

Again, while I disagree with some of you on Trump running again, I think we can all agree on who needs to get dumped from leadership and will only cause all of us problems. 

To clarify, I will vote for the GOP nominee for president, but I do not want a RINO at all as that choice.
  • Options
    @thebadgerpiper;
    Your a man after me own heart, Brother!
  • Options
    I agree, McConnell needs to go too, unfortunately he holds a lot of the reelection purse strings for Senate GOP...so as we've seen already, he isn't going anywhere unfortunately. I also agree that there is no real place for RINOs in the party anymore...they aren't conservatives at all who's personalities are far too weak to compete with democrats. Like you too, if a true conservative runs (i.e., the Donald, DeSantis, Youngkin, etc), I'll vote for whomever the nominee is, I just support DeSantis over Trump as that nominee. DeSantis may not even run...he likes it there in Florida, so we'll just have to wait and see and I'm sure he's trying to see how all this plays out over the next 6 months too, although he already has a ton of mega-donors pledging support if and/or when he does run.

• Options
  • Options
    @Zouave
    I hope it ends up struck down.  Either that, or go back to the first year the US Federal Government started collecting taxes and refund money borrowed from the Fed for education to everyone, adjusted for inflation.  Crazy huh🤪
  • Options
    Our government hates you more than you know. They do nothing to protect the people but only themselves.  They think you are stupid and to dumb to figure out what's going on. Kinda like joe biden (not capitalized out of severe disrespect).
  • Options
    A really interesting article. I know 5 retired couples that live in the Villages and it almost sounds like this guy interviewed them...these people sound just like the ones I know there. You should read the whole thing but I actually find the last couple of sentences very very interesting as well.

https://news.yahoo.com/villages-back-trump-desantis-clash-130000315.html

• Options
    Londy3Londy3 Master
    edited November 2022
    @vtgrad2003
    I'm not surprised at all, I actually expect this to be the norm for trump's run.  It's sad that trump is such a narcissist and can't find a way to partner with someone like DeSantis instead of crushing him as a potential competitor.  He should be more concerned about how to win and take back conservative control than wining his own campaign.   
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    @vtgrad2003
    The last sentences. 👍🏻 
    A Democrat voting for DeSantis over Biden.  That is the mindset that is needed.  It should be much easier for independents to vote for DeSantis over Biden too.  Trump did well, but he has had his day in the sun (or many, if his tan is any indication 😬).  He just has too many people that hate him because he is Donald Trump.  That, and he is too frigg’in old.  I speak from experience (with my mother) dementia can happen pretty quickly, and go “down hill” even quicker.  I’m talking months, not years, my mom is about half way to 82.
  • Options

He is the "orange man" LOL.

Anyway, I understand completely about the dementia thing. My wife's grandmother died recently of alzheimers and my mother did show signs of dementia by the time she died at 84 for sure. That said, I'm not necessarily against people that old running for office--more power to 'em in fact, in my opinion. And there is something to be said of 'life experience'. But like I think you're implying as well is that it is just one more strike against Trump that can be used against him (on top of all the other stuff)...we (conservatives) certainly used that argument against Biden so why wouldn't the left use it against Trump this time around.

I think @Londy3 put it very nicely that this time around, it's about getting back conservative control, and I think DeSantis could do that; I also think Youngkin would be a good choice--I'm from Virginia and that state turned Yankee a long time ago (no offense to the Yankees in the room :D)...that's why I left almost 35 years ago and never went back. So, anyone that can wrestle the reins back in that state could likely do some damage (good damage) running for president.

Trump also just sunk his ship with the whole Ye and Nick Fuentes thing...he'll never have a chance now (to be honest, I think it was a set up, personally).

We all need to remember who we (conservatives) are running against...below is Biden's nuclear waste secretary...I mean, what the fuck. By the way, this idiot was just arrested for the felonious stealing of a woman's luggage at an airport.

Brinton -- who became one of the governments first non-binary officials when taking the job -- was placed on leave about a month ago following the accusations

Sam Brinton attends the New York screening of 39Boy Erased39 at the Whitby Hotel on Oct 22 2018 in New York City Photo credit Ron Adar via Shutterstock FILE

• Options
    edited November 2022
    WHAT IN THE HELL IS THAT😳
  • Options
    edited November 2022
  • Options
    @vtgrad2003
    WOW
    Nuclear Waste?  I think “it” has been dipping into the pool.

Felony theft….sweet, going to prison….I guess we will see.  I guess “it’s” government job didn’t pay well enough for “it”.  No more skinny dipping in the nuclear waste pool for “it”.
  • Options
    It won't go to prison...it's an oppressed gender fluid non-binary.
  • Options
    When I was young, I had to pay 0.50 to get into a sideshow at the state fair to see such a thing. Even then, that would have been a ripoff.
  • Options
    1. Why is it that when archeologists find human remains, they always determine that they are either male or female and none of the other hundreds of genders?
    2. If kids knew what they wanted to be at age eight, the world would be filled with cowboys and princesses.  I wanted to be a pirate.  Thank goodness nobody took me seriously and scheduled me for eye removal and peg leg surgery—Bill Maher
    3. Why is talking sexually in the workplace considered sexual harassment to adults…but talking about sexuality to children K-3 at school considered education?

• Options
    edited November 2022
    I'm a big fan of 'radical thought experiments' as long as they are grounded in what could roughly be considered logical thought. Here's a somewhat lengthy piece from someone performing just such an experiment given the polls that came out recently about the country's view toward civil war (i.e., most see it as inevitable, and sooner rather than later). Not that I necessarily agree with everything this person states, but I do think it contains 'logical possible outcomes' and it is well-written. It's lengthy, but if you have 10 minutes and are comfortably sitting there smoking your pipe and drinking your favorite alcholic beverage...it will get you thinking.

By the way, I originally found this article on Real Clear Politics which is a site that purposely posts articles from the left and right in equal numbers (their stated objective).