Home General
Options

CHRISTMAS.........

Comments

• Options
    OK? How do you WIN Christmas?  LOL
  • Options
    @nicolestglaneltd - Thank you. Would you like to be one of my elves?
  • Options
    @pappyjoe I think I'm a little tall for the job
  • Options
    LOL  OK You two.  Just remember if you fly over my house I hunt Deer and eat them. Maybe I shouldn't say that this close to Christmas? 
  • Options
    @nicolestglaneltd - Height is not a problem but that's ok. Mrs. Claus probably wouldn't let me hire you anyway. LOL.

@wolf41035 - We upgraded the sleigh and reindeer. Better stealth technology and armor on both and you don't want to be standing under Blitzen when she decides it time to drop a few little bombs.
  • Options
    @PappyJoe Your a hoot, love reading your posts....yep your Santa!  Thanks for the Bomb warning, I will put on my hard hat.
  • Options
    My Wife's and My Christmas is our Daughter and Son being home.
  • Options
    I noticed the music comments above, I have to say my favorites are the records that I still play every year, Bing, Sinatra, Lou Rawls, Pavarotti, Elvis, and Chicago spin on my record player all month long.  I have some digital files on a tablet but I much prefer the black vinyl and the clicks and pops of my record collection
  • Options
    @wolf41035 - Just remember, it's better to laugh then to bitch about whether topics are posted in the wrong category.

• Options
    Just got this from E.A. Carey Pipes:

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

When all through the shop
    Pipes were a’glowing
    Tobacco smoldered and popped

Smoke hung o’erhead
    Amidst the now-empty shelves
    At last, time for bed
    For the hard-working elves

Down for the night,
    And the last bowl is out.
    A noise on the roof
    St. Nick on his route.

I heard him exclaim
    As he flew out of sight:
    “Merry Christmas to all
    Keep those pipes ‘alight.’

• Options
    @everyone-all-members LOL

MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR! 
    I should be here for both Holidays but just in case here it is.
  • Options
    Almost here, Christmas Eve is tomorrow and Christmas is on top of us! 
    So who enjoys Christmas and who doesn't?  
    Why do you enjoy it? 
    Why do you not enjoy it?
    Open your hearts and be honest.

I enjoy it yet I hate it, I have lost a lot of family and friends and it is hard to go through most Holidays without them BUT I enjoy Christmas because some times I do get to see family and friends and that makes me happy.  I love my family and friends, I love seeing them and hate when they are no longer here.  I consider a lot of you on here as good friends now, Pipe smokers are a kind of family and friends thing and this is a good family/friend place. 

Love you all, your like Brothers I never had and Sisters that I can get along with. LOL

• Options
    It's been a roller coaster over the years but never hated Christmas. Loved it as a child, disillusioned as a young adult, Loved it when our children were young but it became too hectic when they got older. Love it now because its for the grandkids. 

Watching grandkids open their presents Christmas morning makes it all worth while though as does wearing red and venturing out into the stores the week before Christmas.  (see my earlier posted picture)

It is sad though when the entire family can't get together. 

It is also sad when people forget the real meaning of Christmas.
  • Options
    Christmas should bring families together, it they should remember Christ was born and if they want to give gifts that is fine but it should never be about what you get and what you want unless you just want family to be together.  
  • Options
    Have had a love hate relationship with Christmas for decades. Things are better now. So it is with much love that I wish you all a very Merry Christmas!!!!
  • Options
    Well I wont go into details nor will I expand upon my response here.
    My love of the holidays was stolen from me and I see no manner
    in which it could return.Holidays in general tend to send me into
    a depression and these holidays are the worst. My family always
    had a large gathering each year, it was the highlight of the
    celebration. But that is gone as well as most of my family.
    I wish it was due to deaths but it is due to lies and deceit.
    Knowing that those you love have turned their backs on you
    is a harder grief than gieving for departed loved ones.
    I hope and Pray that all here have a Merry Christmas and
    never forget the gift that God gave us. And the added
    assurance that we will never be left nor forsaken by our
    Father.
  • Options
    The Yuletide has always been special to me. I have spent 2 away from home while in the service in Germany. 1st one kinda sad looking though the villagers windows at the scenes within, the 2nd one in Garmisch-Partenkirchin halfway up the Zugspitze at the Hotel Eibsee with a cute Austrailian tourist drinking mulled wine in the main bar. Goes to show that you shouldn't let things keep you down forever. My family was cut down when I was a kid with the death of my Dad in 1950 when I was 9 and my Sister in 52 in a traffic accident. Which left us a family of 2, we all have things go south on us, you have to rebuild with the tools you have.
  • Options
    @motie2;
    That was beautiful, brother!
  • Options
    And a Happy Chanukah to our Jewish friends, as well.  :)  
  • Options
    Some additional rules of thumb dating Petersons https://pipedia.org/wiki/A_Peterson_Dating_Guide;_A_Rule_of_Thumb

Mine is "Made In Ireland" which helped me narrow down the silver mark as it was well worn to 1949
  • Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    edited December 2021

SORRY, DOUBLE POST.....

• Options
    There are now only 8 days between today and Christmas morning. 
  • Options
    Thanks Santa…..I better be good then🙂
  • Options
    ScottrwScottrw Apprentice
    Take the good out of all Holidays and religions and leave the bad. We only have on life be good to one another and enjoy it. Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Belated Happy Hanukah and what ever else one might observe enjoy.
  • Options
    Londy3Londy3 Master
    edited December 2021
  • Options
    @PappyJoe;
    That is a truth that is profound and timeless. Well stated.
  • Options
    @PappyJoe
    BRILLIANT! That could be the most profound statement I have heard in a very long time.