Home General
Options

CHRISTMAS.........

Comments

• Options
    "Christmas and Holiday Blends are always out of stock,"

You gotta be eagle-eyed and fast - and be willing to look places besides the big names. A lot of these are limited runs.
  • Options
    I go for vanilla and spice flavors this time of year.  I have the Sutliff black spice blend (cinnamon and nutmeg) coming in the mail this week.  I will also be trying out "snow drift" from russ' blends for christmas as well.  As for the pipe I use a bent country gentleman cob for my aromatics.  Happy Holidays everybody
  • Options

I'm pretty sure over the years, Santa has been depicted with briars, clays, meers, and cobs. It has been awhile since I read Rick Hackers Christmas Pipe, but for some reason this pic is the one that sticks in my mind.

220px-MerryOldSanta
  • Options
    Pipes:  I have a Peterson Christmas pipe from last year (2015).  Absolutely LOVE this pipe.  Great "look", great feel in my hand, and most importantly a great smoke.  

Christmas Blends:  I've only smoked two.  Both were Peterson Holiday Blends 2015 and 2016 (yeah, I like Peterson).  Last year's was FABULOUS.  One of the best tobaccos I've ever smoked.  I've been careful to smoke it sparingly so it would last all year (still have some left).  This year's blend was disappointing.  Just not close to how good last year's was, IMO.  But I shall return next year for more!
  • Options
    Yes you have to keep your eyes open and look around to different locations to find and successfully buy Holiday/Christmas blends!
    Pipes are addictive!  LOL
    So many Aromatics that can be associated with Holidays it is not funny but darn it is fun to try as many as you can and pick your favorites each year.  
    I remember that Santa picture but can't put my finger on where.....I also remember a couple more Santa pictures with a pipe in hand.

• Options
    Although I never bought myself a Christmas pipe, I have been buying myself a pipe for Christmas the past couple of years, if that counts. :) Just pulled the trigger on one yesterday.
    Got this Joao Reis Dublin. An estate, but lightly smoked and in very good condition, according to P&C.
  • Options
    Nice Pipe Jud, let us know how she smokes.
  • Options
    Good looking pipe, Jud
  • Options
    Thanks, guys. Looking forward to taking it for a spin.
  • Options

Speaking of Christmas pipes, check out this one J.T. Cooke listed today. It only lasted around 3 minutes, which isn't surprising, since he only stamps one Christmas pipe per year. A gorgeous, rare, and collectible piece!

J.TCooke2016ChristmasPipe-1

J.TCooke2016ChristmasPipe-2

J.TCooke2016ChristmasPipe-3
  • Options
    WOW, now that is a unique pipe, I kind of like it.  
    How about some more Christmas pipe pictures, anyone have some?  

Speaking of Christmas, just got in the order I placed for all my secret Santa groups I am in, SO, that means tomorrow I will be packaging up and sending out some gifts.
     (pipe group and Cigar group) 

Speaking of I got my package from my secret Santa from this page Friday, was most likely here before that but I wasn't....lol....anyway, loved it and hope you got some good stuff from whom ever has your name, as I hope the person I have will enjoy what I am sending them tomorrow.
    Being a secret Santa drawing I will not mention names but the person who had my name did a great job.  I had never tried the 4th generation 1957 Eric Michael's blend or the Drew Estates 7th avenue Blonde, I have already opened them both and love them.   Thanks for everything in the box, will get a lot of use! 

Hope everyone has a MERRY CHRISTMAS. 

• Options
    Music?  What is your favorite Christmas song or songs?
    TV shows?
    Movies?  

Music...Silent Night
    TV.....Classic Rudolph
    Movies.....Tough one, my Dad and I watch Christmas story every year....lol  I like watching that Christmas show with Trans Siberian Orchestra with my daughter...Guess I don't have a favorite myself.  
  • Options
    Taking inspiration from this thread, this week in The Lounge is a round up of holiday blends: https://thispipelife.com/tpl-article/20/
  • Options
    @NicoleSTGLaneLtd Glad you like it enough to write a story, Christmas is special to a lot of people, past, present and maybe the future.  I know I have had my ups and downs but no matter how bad it gets you want to always hope the following year is better. 
    This coming year is going to be hard for me but I feel it will be a happier year....at least that is what I am wishing for!  lol
  • Options
    The Carol of the Bells.
  • Options
    Welll - for traditional Christmas music, I like "The Holly and the Ivy" - not played to death. For less obscure, "O Holy Night".
    Lately I have been exploring the rich tradition of blues, jazz, and R&B Christmas music. For the secular Christmas music, I'll take "Merry Christmas, Baby" - any one of a multitude of versions - everybody does this one - over a whole lot of other stuff. 
  • Options
    I’m not an aromatic smoker but this holiday season I tried to be.  I’ve tried Holiday Spirit, Peterson's Holiday Season Blend, and Straus Wenceslas.  I have a few tins of Christmas Cheer but I’m letting them age a few years before I try them.  Out of all of these aros and the only blend that comes close to being good is the Peterson's Holiday Season blend but even that is a little too chemically for me.  

I was ready to give up on the whole Christmas blend idea until I found the ideal Christmas blend (at least for me).  Esoterica And So to Bed; this blend is exactly what I’m looking for in a Christmas blend.  It’s a latakia, oriental, and Turkish Virginia English blend that has little spice and has gentle fruit topping.  Although I'm struggling to accurately describe this blend I would say that its a great English blend that has a subtle spicy merlot flavor.

This blend is not marketed as a Christmas blend but it should be, it certainly hit the spot for me.

• Options
    @wolf41035 I agree with you. The holiday season is a time for people to come together and celebrate the important things in life. I hope for only good things to come your way in the coming year.
  • Options
    Thanks Nichole
    I have mailed out the package for my secret Santa and will be mailing out the rest of my secret Santa presents from other groups I am in after that I might not be on here until after the Holidays.......So.....MERRY CHRISTMAS and Happy Hanukkah everyone.....and Happy Holidays for those who do not like saying Christmas or Hanukkah.  

:)
  • Options
    There's always Good Yule.
  • Options
    For the rest of us, there's the Festivus.
  • Options
    Most of what is celebrated as Christmas now is an amalgamation of traditions from different cultures and religions so I personally don't get offended by what anyone says. That being said I do believe in Santa Claus because he is a pipe smoker.

243701_10101088237445688_868314857_o
  • Options
    LOL  Hello Santa, I have been a bad guy this year but I sure as heck tried to be good!  Does that count for anything??
  • Options
    @wolf41035 - I'll make sure to leave a participation trophy under your tree.
  • Options
    daveinlaxdaveinlax Connoisseur
    I don't like smoking the flavored aromatic tobaccos but I use to collect some of the holiday mixtures just for the decorative tins. I'm in SW AZ now but it just doesn't seem like the holidays without the snow and col.  .d
  • Options
    @PappyJoe OH BOY, I feel like one of those millennial's now...LMAO  
  • Options
    @daveinlax maybe you should give or sell the tobacco to someone who smokes it, I have to say I do like the tins and cans they put the Holiday and Christmas blends in but I also love the tobacco.  
    Maybe you could put a picture of your collection?
  • Options
    Darn it is cold outside!  Last night we had thunder and lightning with rain coming down so hard I thought the house was going to float away, yesterday it was in the high 50's and now it is so cold I want to get under 10 or more blankets!  Wonder if Winter is here this time.....I remember a few days ago it was in the single digits.  LOL