Home Pipes & Tools
Options

Where do you smoke your pipe?

Every piper needs their sanctuary to enjoy their pipe in peace. Where do you go to smoke your pipe?

When I thought about smoking a pipe, I always imagined myself in a study or personal library where I could write and read, surrounded by books with a favorite pipe clenched while sitting in a comfortable chair. Sadly, I don't have a study, nor can I smoke my pipe in the house, as we rent. Perhaps one day this dream will come true.

Until then, I have my garage! While it gets hot in the summer and bitterly cold in the dead of winter, it's still my own little private heaven where I can puff away freely while writing, reading, or being distracted from both while wasting time on Instagram or pipe sites (like now...).

I have a table set up for writing, with trays on both sides of my computer chair for my ashtray, pipe rests, pipe tobacco, old P&C catalogs, a spare cob, and a few books. While it's stuffy in here at the moment, it's better than sitting outside and being dinner for pesky mosquitoes. The only disruptions I get here is the occasional huge spider running across the floor, or raccoons making mischief outside these thin walls.

How about you, fellow pipers?

Comments