Home General
Options

Pipe scene in your neighborhood?

Comments

• Options
    Awesome I will have to check it out! 
  • Options
    @Michaelgray71 - I am in Fredericktown! I would enjoy joining you for a smoke sometime. Let me know.
  • Options
    I'm from Houston which has an excellent pipe scene! Houston Pipe Club meets the first Friday of every month at Stogies. Best B&M would be in the Rice Village area- The Briar Shoppe. 
  • Options
    I'm in upper Illinois by the Wisconsin border, and I don't see too many pipe smokers around here. There is a guy who I see occasionally smoking his pipe outside of my local Dunkin Donuts, but that's about it. There's probably more, but they probably smoke at home like I do. I've been meaning to go to the Chicago Pipe Collectors club for one of their monthly meetings, but scheduling hasn't worked out yet.
  • Options
    The worst part about being a pipe smoker in Arizona is that they refer to the "head shops" (drug paraphernalia) here as smoke shops. Took forever to find a place that even sells pipes. Then in the lounge area I am usually outnumbered 6 (or more) to one by cigar smokers. Don't get me wrong a stoogie is nice once in awhile but I would like to find a few other pipe smokers around.
  • Options
    daveinlaxdaveinlax Connoisseur
    edited May 2016
    @BigBalldBenny "I am from Madison, WI and I will tell you, it is very lonely being a
    pipe smoker here. Either I am the sole pipe lover here or I am not
    looking in the right places"

Madison has never had an pipe scene that I've been aware of but if you want to take a drive on a Saturday morning The Milwaukee Area Pipe Society guy gather at Metro Cigar in Brookfield. They are a good bunch including some top collectors!

@thebadgerpiper "I've been meaning to go to the Chicago Pipe Collectors club for one of
    their monthly meetings, but scheduling hasn't worked out yet."

You should make every effort to go I wish I was closer but I have enjoyed the CPCC meeting I have attended!

@AZbarbarian "Took forever to find a place that even sells pipes"
    I love cigars so 99% of the time that I go to a lounge I smoke cigars.

If you are in the PHX area check out Ye Olde Pipe & Tobacco. It is one of the best pipe shops in the country the have an outstanding selection in a wide price range including great Castello's and Dunhill's. There is almost always a couple of pipe guys that hang out there all the time and they have a club that meets on Thursday night. when I am in the area I always take the time to go there
  • Options
    @azbarbarian and @daveinlax I bought my first Dunhill at Ye Olde Pipe in PHX. I concur. Great shop and great gang down there. :)
  • Options
    @daveinlax Thanks for the tip on the MAPS and Metro Cigars! I have family just 4 miles from that cigar shop. Would have never known of a pipe presence there, had it not been for this forum. Will definitely try to connect with them! 
  • Options
    @daveinlax Thanks for the recommendation! I will definitely check them out when I have a free Saturday.
  • Options
    myself and about 6 local friends have our own little club, Central Ohio Briar Society.
    on instagram and facebook if anyone cares to look it up.
    local to Canal Winchester/Columbus, Ohio
  • Options
    denholrldenholrl Newcomer
    Hello Benny,  I'm in Carpinteria, CA, a town of 14,000 near Santa Barbara.  I've never seen another pipe smoker in town, possibly because the Town Council outlawed public smoking a few years ago.  Our Central Coast Pipe club just swelled to 5 members; we had been at 3 for several years.  That's the main reasons why PIPE SHOWS are so great.  Looking forward to the West Coast show in Vegas in November.

Rob D
  • Options
    InderbibInderbib Newcomer
    I'm at Ft. Bragg NC and we have a pretty good pipe community here. The pipe club meets at Ansteads Tobacco in Fayetteville once a month. We average between 10 and 20 folks but the shop probably has close to 50 pipe patrons. By the way, @mangoandy I concur on your shop being a great place for conversation and a smoke. I'm a Native Son and familiar with your stomping grounds.
  • Options
    The New Orleans Pipe Club's next meeting is Thursday, June 23 at World of Beers in Metairie from 6 to 9 pm. Any pipe smokers who happen to be in the area is welcomed. 

Also, The Tinderbox located at Lakeside Mall in Metairie has been sold. They were being forced out of the mall so the franchise owner decided to close and sale out. Mayan Imports has bought the shop and is moving its contents basically across the street from the mall.
  • Options
    I am in central Kentucky. No real scene here. I heard of a pipe club in the Louisville/South Indiana area, but haven't really explored the idea, and it's about an hour away, which makes it feel un-local to me. If any of you are closer to Lex, speak up. Maybe we could get something going.  
  • Options
    I am located in Southwestern Virginia, about 40 minutes from the Tennessee border.  Our town doesn't have a smoke shop, but we have a hardware store that has two humidors of cigars and a shelf of pipe tobacco.  If you want to shop local you are at the mercy of what they ordered that month.  The pipe smoking scene here is not bad.  I have a few friends who enjoy the pipe so we can get together and have a bowl or three.  However, it would be nice to have an established tobacconist with a lounge.  Maybe one day.  
  • Options
    pipesithpipesith Newcomer
    I live in central Illinois and there is a pipe shop about an hour from my town that's always busy. As far as the town I live in you see evidence other pipe smokers exist but seeing one is very rare.
  • Options
    Only one decent shop that sells pipe tobacco around here (mostly cigars). It's a rough time in Hershey, PA
  • Options
    drac2485drac2485 Professor
    Being in Fort Worth, Texas there are a few pipe clubs in the area, supposedly as I have never been able to find them...  Otherwise cigars are huge as there are several B&Ms but pipes... not so much.  I'd love to find a local group or possibly even start one
  • Options

I Smoke alone, there really isn't a pipe scene at all here, much less even a cigar scene. I do have a few cigar friends, but for a pipe... im on my own.

• Options
    Pretty lonely here in Cleveland , that's why I only get 3 guys at a meeting of our pipe club. you guys in Columbus have it made.
  • Options
    Huntley Illinois, suburb of Chicago. Haven't found fellow pipe smoker in the area yet....
  • Options
    I agree with @Htowncigarbabe. The Briar Shoppe in Rice Village is the best shop in Houston. Great and knowledgeable staff. Ask Ross for a recommendation if your are in town and looking to try a new blend. The guys at the Houston Pipe Club are super friendly and sharing.
  • Options
    @pipeman83 and @pappybadger I'm sorry to hear that! Hopefully this forum will start to link you to others who share the love of the pipe in your area.
  • Options

@PipeProfessor, I forgot to mention because it slipped my mind, my neighbor, who lives in the apt. next door is also a pipe smoker,he has bought some pipes from me and I also have given him some tobaccos.

• Options
    Well thats cool at least! @pipeman83
  • Options
    mhajecmhajec Enthusiast
    Here in Eugene, Oregon the pipe scene seems to be good. I see people commuting with pipes and sometimes walking, though I am only one of 3 other people that I actually know smokes. Eugene has a reputation of being an awfully leftist youth city, so most of the pipes sold in this area are glass and used for non-tobacco use. 

I've never really given much thought into reaching out to find a group or other individuals that are pipe enthusiasts until now, so if there are others here, that live in the greater Eugene/Springfield area, please feel free to let me know. I'm always up for meeting new people and bonding over common activities. 
  • Options
    @pappybadger Hey fellow Illinoisian pipe smoker! There's many of us scattered around Chicagoland (though I'm up in Lake County). You might be interested in checking out the Chicagoland Pipe Collector's Club, which meets at 8-to-8 Cigars in Villa Park once a month on Saturday. I've been to two meetings so far, and I can't recommend it enough. You'll find lots of other pipe smokers who love talking about pipes and favorite blends. There's a nice range in age, too, so it's a diverse but great group of people. You can find out more in the link below.

http://www.chicagopipeshow.com/

There is a $10 club due that you pay at the start of the meeting, but your first meeting is completely free.
  • Options
    Pretty Dismal in Bergen County. The closest 3 "Tobacconists" are RYO stores, there's a Cigar Store near to me with limited choice so I go online till they make it illegal to ship here. I hope I'll have a lifetime supply before any Draconian Rules come down.
  • Options
    I live in Greenville, NC there is a local cigar shop here with a small selection of pipes and a smaller selection of tobacco.

• Options
    DarkAngelDarkAngel Newcomer
    edited September 2016
    I live in LaGrange,NC and the shops around here have a very very small selection of tobaccos & pipes. I do see few  folks with a pipe now and then but there are no clubs in the area that i know of.