Home The Lounge
Options

Dogs

What kind of dogs do you guys have, if any? I have a blue ticked coon hound mutt, and a pug/beagle mix.

I recently had a tobacco related interaction with my dog that made me think of you guys (story below)

My dogs always get excited when we get a package in the mail. We order all their medecine, toys, and treats online. Last time I received a big package from Pipes and Cigars, my hound dog go really really excited. As I unpacked the box and put the bulk stuff I ordered into jars, he was sniffing away as if it was all for him. After I put the jars on the shelf, he sat and stared at the tobacco for a long while, occasionally looking back at me to see if I would give him something.

Comments

• Options
    I also have a Pug/Beagle mix who is my shadow. A yellow Lab and a Collie/Shepard mix. They are all from animal shelters. They always want to be with me even when I smoke my pipes. It's great because they never complain about the pipe aroma. They are my babies and are spoiled rotten.
  • Options
    I have 3 min pins..a pappillion/Japanese chin mix..and a long hair doxie/manchester terrier mix!
  • Options
    mhajecmhajec Enthusiast
    I have a Labrador Retriever.
    She's a sweet heart, she is very predatory and has to be kept from other animals. I do take her bird hunting though, she's really good at flushing.
  • Options
    American Staffordshire Terrier, who is terrified of my Snowshoe Siamese. 
  • Options
    dstribdstrib Apprentice
    Rescused a Japanese Chin and a Shih Tzu from breeders that breed for larger kennels. Both free. Wouldn't mind a larger dog if I had the space. Personally think keeping a large breed dog in small yard is unfair to them.
  • Options
    I to have a 9 yr old Staffordshire bull terrier @judandhispipe wonderful breed it loves my calico she is about 9 as well, got to be one of the laziest cats I have ever seen.
  • Options
    My Daughter recued a Min-Pin but he Barks a lot when she's not home which got her landlord on her case. Now we have him as we're fairly remote and lots of woods for him to terrorize the Chipmunks and squirrels.
  • Options
    Two labs. I have a yellow lab named Betty and a chocolate lab named Rasta.
    We hike 15-20miles a week together. They bring me a lot of relaxation.
  • Options
    My wife and I adopted a four year old miniature schnauzer in 2009 when her owners couldn't take care of her anymore. I never owned a dog before her, being more of a cat person growing up. She had never been around men before, so she took a long time to warm up to me.

Now whenever she joins us on the couch during TV time, she hops up and settles close to me. We've grown to love each others company, and she's my little, sometimes annoying, buddy.

She went blind last year, so now when we go out I'm her seeing eye human. Although she can't see me with her eyes, I can still see her looking in my general direction with adoration. I'm happy to have her in my life, even if she chews up tissues and rummages through the garbage when we're not home.
  • Options
    I have an Australian Cattle Dog named Lucy she is the most loyal smartest dog I have ever had and is totally Daddy's girl lol She will sit out back curled up at my feet and watch the world go by as I smoke. 

this is her normal spot 

13516255_10206618867779839_3030520887929019290_n
  • Options
    I posted above, but I realize that I left out my favorite part of my post. MY DOG SELLS BEER!
    Well, to be honest, my dog has puppies that sell beer! 
    After her first litter, we were approached by an advertising firm looking for puppies. Everything was on the down-low and they paid well to "borrow" the puppies for a commercial. After confirming everything we wanted to know about safety and care and a ton of legal paperwork. They were off to Hollywood to see if they would work out. They did.
    If only I could get them to sell pipe tobacco! :)

Here's the finished product:

This is the behind the scenes:

themt_betty6

themt_betty11
  • Options
    Well if @Mangoandy and @Abreathawayfromglory are going to add pictures I will throw in one of my own.

Reese (Puggle on the Left) Harold (Coon hound on the Right)

dog
  • Options
    I have a delightful, 5 year old Bulldog named Winston (see my avatar).  The little man's incredibly smart, but stubborn, and refuses to use his powers for good.
  • Options
    AnthonyAnthony Apprentice
    I Have a female Caryn  Terrier she is 3, think Toto in the Wizard of Oz, she looks just like that, just a little bigger, her name is Emerald Rae (Emmy). She is one huge ball of energy afraid of nothing and loves to play Frisbee, according to her it's her world we just all live in it. She loves to sit with me in the screen room while I smoke my pipe and watch the world go by, as soon as she see's me grab a pipe and jar of tobacco she heads to the couch in the screen room.  
  • Options
    I have a Boston Terrier & Pug mix named Briar. She's the best trail dog I've ever had and loves going into the back country. When ever I'm at home she's by my side or on my lap.

briar-lap

Briar underneath this year's bright Virginias.

briar-tobacco
  • Options
    @kraigseder, Briar looks like she is permanently suspicious of everything.  I love it!
  • Options
    I too have two dogs. Both distaint any tobacco related items, until I introduced a corn cob pipe. Both were way too interested, and the Maltese actually tried to take it from me, as if it were a treat or toy. 
  • Options
    IndyJGIndyJG Apprentice

JASON - IMG_0099

My two dogs from a favorite picture of them I took a few years ago. Popeye is a male beagle/terrier mix. He is currently 14 or 15 years old. I have owned him for 12 years. Fritz is a male mini schnauzer who is a bit large for his breed. He will turn 7 this December. I have owned him since he was 4 months old. They have both brought so much joy to my family's lives.

• Options
    Two young rescue dogs here. Shelby is the Shetland Sheep Dog X who I mentioned in a previous thread. Maxine is the Long Haired Chihuahua/Rat Terrier cross who managed to sneak into my avatar.
  • Options
    Perla--a black and tan tweeny dachshund--even has a tobacco blend named after her.... equal parts Stoved Black Virginia, Latakia and Smyrna.

2016-04-30 12.38.24
  • Options

The Min-Pin my Daughter had to leave with us.

Petey 2
  • Options
    I've got two, one Mimi long hair Dashund. And a rescue dog that's a mut but looks like Wieneriener.
  • Options
    Rshey1Rshey1 Apprentice
    We have got 5 Papillons and a Ragdoll cat
  • Options
    MgbrackettMgbrackett Newcomer
    edited December 2016
    My Scottish Terrier, Chester, loves to sit by my side whenever I smoke my pipe. Occasionally lifting his head to sniff the air.
  • Options
    I have had several APBT's in the past. I dated a girl who had a Boston Terrier, and I really liked that dog. He had the personality of the APBT's I had previously owned, only he was a lot more manageable in certain situations. Just the perfect lapdog and companion for taking just about anywhere.
  • Options
    I have a German Shepherd. She's the most loyal and faithful dog I've ever owned. She travels with me for work. She has traveled through and / or visited 45 states and has over 250,000 under her belt........er.........collar.
  • Options
    Please Give This is my Bella and we have no idea what she is, but damnit she's cute!
  • Options
    My dog is a Keeshond and she turned 3 this last Groundhog day. They are in the Spitz family with the curly tail. They are from Holland. Also known as the Dutch Barge Dog. They are used as therapy dogs. I do not have a pic on my work computer but if you google Tikva 9/11 you can see the dog that helped rescuers in the clean up after 9/11. Her owner just brought her to Ground Zero during the clean up and these guys who just had just lost their friends and family members worked in silence but at the end of the day they would always ask the owner to bring Tikva back the next day. The reason is they feel what you feel. They sense your hurt and then in turn make you interact with them. Somehow Tikva offered them a little hope in a very dark time in their lives.Do not get this breed if you want to be left alone. They want to be were you are. My dog is named Summitt after the legendary women's basketball coach Pat Head Summitt. In case you did not know I am from Tennessee and I am a big UT fan. Go Vols!
  • Options
    Lab/Great pyrenees mix  shes a rescue dog we think about 3yrs old