Home Pipes & Tools

Expensive/High End.

Hello Pipe and Tobacco Aficionados I hope all is well out there. I wanted to ask all of the TPL family members, pipe  historians and professionals this question especially those who have been smoking a pipe since the civil war. :-) What is the most expensive tobacco pipe that you currently own, and/or what was the most expensive pipe you have ever own. After reading articles in reference to artisans and custom pipe making along with the manufacturing of expensive name brand pipes, can you really tell the difference in the quality, the smoking abilities, and the difference in the taste of tobaccos smoked in these pipes. Is a tobacco pipe nothing but a tobacco pipe ? Remember, smoke what you like and like what you smoke and take some time to contemplate. Be safe out there.

Comments

• @KABUL07
    Most expensive pipe as far as monetary value is a 1926 Dunhill Bruyere 151. It was a gift from a friend. 
    I also own an Ardor Venere, a Rinaldo Triade YYY (1), a Rinaldo Triade Y Titania (R8). 
    I also have two Ascot's - a Business KS and a Special Edition Christmas 2013.

Measurement of quality is different from one individual to the next. Does the Dunhill smoke better than my Savinelli Giubileo D'Oro? I can only say I reach for the Dunhill more often than my Savinelli. 

The Dunhill, Ardor, both Rinaldo's are in my primary rotation that also include my Ascorti Christmas, Peterson Sherlock Holmes and three of my artisan made pipes (RD Powel, Corey Abb Brown and a Zack Hamric)
  • KABUL07KABUL07 Master
    edited September 18
    PappyJoe, thanks for your response and it appears that you poses some high quality pipes within your stock. It also sounds like you enjoy them quite often which is something that I would do as well. I would not purchase a very nice pipe just to blow the dust off of it from admiring in the pipe stand, that's a NO-GO. PappyJoe, why do you think you keep reaching for that "Dunhill", it must be something about it :-). GOT CHA :-) :-) ? Even though it's part of the rotation.
  • I can easily run a pipe cleaner through the stem if I need to while smoking. 
    I have never had to do multiple relights that I can remember. 
    I like the way it hangs while clenching. 
    I’ve never had a problem with it gurgling.