Home Tobacco Talk

Second time around with "Straight Virginia Tobaccos"

Hello Pipe and Tobacco Aficionados,I hope all is well out there. I wanted to share that I have had my share of issues with Virginia tobaccos. I had to learn the hard way that one must really take a little time when smoking Virginia blends, if not you will pay the price. Therefore I just stayed away from them until I felt that I was seasoned enough to give them another try and it's been some time (years), I must say. So now here I am "second time around" with a little more knowledge and experience with the Virginia tobaccos. I have experienced smoking, "sweet" straight Virginia, The Finest Virginia from "Ephemeris", Sutliff #507 Virginia Sliced, Amphora Straight Virginia and Orlik Golden Sliced. The sweet Va; Ephemeris and Amphora I have enjoyed the most up this point. I have also noticed that the selected pipe(s) used also has a lot to do with how these tobaccos will smoke. I have really been enjoying my "second time around" and if you have some suggestions concerning straight Virginia's to try please feel free to share. Remember, smoke what you like and like what you smoke. Take time to contemplate and be safe out there. Thanks 

Comments