Home Tobacco Talk
Options

Gawith Hoggarth & Co.

Hello Pipe and Tobacco Aficionados, hope all is well. Wanted to check and see is any of you experts experienced smoking the Gawith Hoggarth & Co. Bosun "Cut" Plug pipe tobacco. It has been stated that it is different than the flake. Since I never had either of course I would not know this. I received some of the cut plug and was informed that it pretty good. If you ever tried this tobacco, what was your experience and thoughts about the blend. Thanks and remember, smoke what you like and like what you smoke and take a litttle time to contemplate. :-)

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2023
    I just grabbed some of the Bosun Cut Plug awhile back, and I enjoy it.  It is definitely floral…I’ve heard the flower aroma “Geranium” thrown around, it seems about right.  It’s definitely not rose in my opinion.  It’s not over the top, at least not for me.  It’s a nice smooth smoke.  I have not tried the plug, I would have bought it in plug form, if it had not been out of stock.  I enjoy carving off my own flakes.  I’d be a little surprised if the uncut plug is much different, these broken flakes look like a chip off the old block..or plug as it were🙂.  I guess the tobaccos could meld a bit more as a plug.  I rubbed out the broken flakes and let them dry about thirty minutes before loading and lighting.  After sitting here and trying to suss out the flavors, I’m thinking there may be some tonquin in here?
  • Options
    RMB, hope all is well and thanks once again for the feedback, I am looking forward to giving it a try.