Home Tobacco Talk
Options

Whole leaf blending and pressing

2»

Comments

• Options
    Looks awesome and smells awesome….whew, no mold👍🏻

• Options
    I trimmed the edges a bit where the tobacco mushed out slightly, and cut off a strip for a test smoke.  I then wrapped the plug/crumble cake tightly in some parchment paper and put it in my vintage/antique “Repeater” tobacco tin.  I am debating on wether or not to vacuum seal the block tightly then drop it in some heated water in my drip coffee pot or my Ember mug to “stove” it for awhile to help meld the tobaccos.  The coffee pot warmer runs at about 165F I think?  My Ember can be adjusted from 120F-145F, I will have to read a bit to pick a temperature, I know there is a point that is too hot.  I think the max is around that 165F of my drip pot warmer.  I was planning on the coffee pot warmer, because I wasn’t sure the plug would fit in my mug, but it will👍🏻.  I will use a thermometer to check my coffee pot warmer, if it is 165F or lower, I will probably use it if I decide to try “stoving”.  My vacuum sealer isn’t working 100%, so I don’t know if I can suck the bag down very tightly?  I think it needs to be tight, or the plug will loosen and expand…not what I want.
  • Options
    So, from what I have gleaned from The Google, it looks like I want to keep the temperature below 149F so as not to kill off the beneficial “little bugs” that age tobacco.